The Student Room Group

AS Chemistry- helping each other out!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samb1234
Just saying he got 99% and I got 98% so its not like he did massively better but that doesn't stop him

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahahahaha that's like not even one mark lol

In last physics unit 1 mock a guy got better mark than me and he smiled at corner of his mouth
In lunch time I went to get my mock and it turned out they added my marks wrong , and in fact I got 100% UMS so higher than the guy
Told the guy, and it was hilarious how he said "oh of course" with a face as though his dream of becoming a footballer or something was crushed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
The point of doing notes IMO is actually making the notes so people who get someone else's notes are missing out in their revision tbh. (Well better than nothing obviously)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not true. I hardly ever make my own notes, and I often get higher marks than the person who's made them :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Not true. I hardly ever make my own notes, and I often get higher marks than the person who's made them :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe if you made your own notes you'd get higher marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are other factors affecting it obviously
What I'm saying is when it's to do with notes the process of making notes is the biggest learning process rather than reading it; I'm not saying making note is the only way. You getting better grade have so many factors; your intelligence compared to others for instance, or how much you pay attention in class

In fact I don't make notes at all and I get better mark than anyone else in class so it's like saying my point is wrong lol which isn't the case

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe if you made your own notes you'd get higher marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah I doubt it. I can't even read my own writing.

Original post by C0balt
There are other factors affecting it obviously
What I'm saying is when it's to do with notes the process of making notes is the biggest learning process rather than reading it; I'm not saying making note is the only way. You getting better grade have so many factors; your intelligence compared to others for instance, or how much you pay attention in class

In fact I don't make notes at all and I get better mark than anyone else in class so it's like saying my point is wrong lol which isn't the case

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I see what you're saying.
I've never found note making that useful tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Nah I doubt it. I can't even read my own writing.
Posted from TSR Mobile

RIP the examiners marking HAnwar's paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
RIP the examiners marking HAnwar's paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL that's what my teacher says!
She always tells me she feels sorry for the person who's got to mark it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
LOL that's what my teacher says!
She always tells me she feels sorry for the person who's got to mark it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel even more sorry for the people who have to mark mine. .my handwriting is pretty bad when I write fast and I write so much that I write 2 lines per line they give me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1828
Does anyone have the June 2014 aqa unit 1 paper? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Erm you can ask me about physics AQA but don't ask me for what came up in the ISA

Posted from TSR Mobile

i wasn't asking about the ISA, i think you misunderstood what i was asking but its fine
Really stuck on balancing equations with the H+ and H2O .. if anyone can explain I'd be soooo grateful
Original post by VetVikki
Really stuck on balancing equations with the H+ and H2O .. if anyone can explain I'd be soooo grateful

Redox?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah however everywhere I've looked just does the half equations like 2Br- --> Br2 + 2e-
I don't understand how to form equations such as H2SO4 + 6H+ + 6e- --> S + 4H2O

There are many equation with H+ and H2O
Post the question
Nvm

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by chemphys
i wasn't asking about the ISA, i think you misunderstood what i was asking but its fine

Because I offered some help with physics AQA, so many people literally bombard my inbox asking what came up in ISA. It wasn't only intended for you. I am happy to help with any AS physics or chemistry questions. It's just that if you or anyone else ask me what came up in ISA, I report them because it's against regulation of exams as well as TSR.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's more of a general thing that I don't understand when to add H+ and H2O and is there an OH- too!?
However for example:
Write the full redox equation for the reaction between sulphuric acid and sodium iodide?
What are the steps?
It's more of a general thing that I don't understand when to add H+ and H2O and is there an OH- too!?
However for example:
Write the full redox equation for the reaction between sulphuric acid and sodium iodide?
What are the steps?

It's ionic equation for acid alkali reaction if H+ +OH- ----> H2O.

You will omit any spectator ion in redox equation
Sodium ion is a spectator ion because it is unchanged in the reaction.
Check this link: http://www.chemguide.co.uk/inorganic/redox/equations.html#top
It explains better than typing all here
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep chemguide is always a good source. Just remember the 'whe' rules (water hydrogen electrons) and you'll be fine. Balance anything that isn't hydrogen or water first, then balance oxygen by adding water, then hydrogen to balance hydrogen and electrons to balance charge

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is my first time on this site. Can anyone help me with any revision? I have my ISA tomorrow. Im not asking for answers of course, just some equations that I should learn and any other things that will benefit me.
Yep chemguide is always a good source. Just remember the 'whe' rules (water hydrogen electrons) and you'll be fine. Balance anything that isn't hydrogen or water first, then balance oxygen by adding water, then hydrogen to balance hydrogen and electrons to balance charge

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by C0balt

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest