The Student Room Group

PGCE - Current Students Thread

Scroll to see replies

Are there any current (or prospective!) PGDE students at or going to Glasgow, Strathclyde or Edinburgh university to study a PGDE? I'm a mature student looking to apply to these universities next year and I wanted to know what it's like to study there doing a PGDE, pros and cons of each, any good/bad things you've heard about them? I'll be going to the open days but it would be nice to get an idea beforehand - thanks! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Airfairy
No I don't. I've never needed them in a lesson. I'm having doubts now - I mean how awkward will it be if he says no and I've got see him for the rest of my placement!

Oh good luck! Keep us updated. I'm hoping to get an interview next week for a school I'm really interested in. Monday isn't too bad though , gives you some time to prepare for it.

They haven't sent the task through yet but it's a school I really really want to work at. KS4 and 5 only and it's a science and tech college so completely brilliant.

It'll be good even if it's just for experience though.
I'm being observed by three adults tomorrow :frown: and I've made a mistake in today's marking! It is an inconsequential mistake for the children (it's not to do with marking their work right or wrong) but I have been writing subtraction instead of addition for about 10 books! I know the tutors will check the books tomorrow and am dreading their reaction :frown:
Original post by alabelle
I'm being observed by three adults tomorrow :frown: and I've made a mistake in today's marking! It is an inconsequential mistake for the children (it's not to do with marking their work right or wrong) but I have been writing subtraction instead of addition for about 10 books! I know the tutors will check the books tomorrow and am dreading their reaction :frown:

Correct them in the morning before school?

Tippex is your friend!
Original post by Mr M
Correct them in the morning before school?

Original post by TraineeLynsey
Tippex is your friend!

I'm going to have to do something like that, but crossing out or tippex in pupils' books is a HUGE no-no for my uni. I'm dreading them pointing it out!
I'm going to have to do something like that, but crossing out or tippex in pupils' books is a HUGE no-no for my uni. I'm dreading them pointing it out!

You're a human being. The kids are allowed to correct mistakes. So should you.
Reply 5987
I'm with you on that. Do you only have 5 weeks left?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes hun - 4 after these 2 days thank GOD!!!!

I had such a crap day today, no other words to describe it aside from a pile of poo.

All this drama about social media and spreading pictures etc
I couldn't control the class 4 weeks from the end you'f think I'd manage to do that much - seems not.
Original post by Nisar31
I am starting one soon - where can I find assignment questions or examples of some so I can prepare?

Assignments vary a lot between unis. So it's hard to say what your assignments will be. Even then they can change drastically year to year so preparing much is a bad idea as you could end up making mistakes based on last years rules.

Also relax and enjoy yourself. If you want to do something reading some papers should give you a flavour but honestly, its not necessary.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I asked out the ICT guy and he looked very eager and said yeah, gave me his number.

I didn't really think things through though. I've Just got out of a long term relationship and I thought I might end up back with him after a break. Now I'm thinking I'd like to date a bit more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I asked out the ICT guy and he looked very eager and said yeah, gave me his number.

I didn't really think things through though. I've Just got out of a long term relationship and I thought I might end up back with him after a break. Now I'm thinking I'd like to date a bit more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hooray! Go for it! Theres no harm in going on a date, thats not a life long commitment!

Posted from TSR Mobile

So excited for you! As Ratchit99 said, no harm in a date! Let us know how it goes!

I am drowning in work at the moment, but feeling optimistic. Half way through a week of assessments and presentations at uni, and well on my way with planning for next week. I can do this!! (I hope.. lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's awesome. so excited for you!

There's no harm in a date!
I finally made a formal complaint about that rubbish training provider to the accrediting university (as has someone else) last week. Feel better for doing so. I'm still unsure about whether I want to do it somewhere in September though :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay! (I think.. Does the rest of your post mean you got cold feet?)
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Yay! (I think.. Does the rest of your post mean you got cold feet?)

No it is a 'yay' situation :tongue: . We have been texting tonight. I remembered that I hate the 'game' of who texts who first, how long do you wait, who asks more on going out. -_-
No it is a 'yay' situation :tongue: . We have been texting tonight. I remembered that I hate the 'game' of who texts who first, how long do you wait, who asks more on going out. -_-

Yay!

(I have no knowledge of the texting game. I've been married longer than you've been alive and they hadn't even invented semaphore back then.)
Yay!

(I have no knowledge of the texting game. I've been married longer than you've been alive and they hadn't even invented semaphore back then.)

:lol: Be glad!
:lol: Be glad!

Yes, I imagine it can be stressful, although sitting by the phone was no different back then, I suppose.
Yes, I imagine it can be stressful, although sitting by the phone was no different back then, I suppose.

Nice of them to install a bench beside the phone box in your village. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending