The Student Room Group

UK online places for prom dresses?

Does anybody have any suggestions for online places to purchase a prom dress? I've left it a bit late for anything abroad and whenever I search I'm just bombarded with China sites

I've checked lipsy and asos and haven't yet seen anything there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whatever you do, don't buy anything with extortionate prices, imo the more expensive a dress is the less likely you're ever going to wear it again.

I bought a prom dress for 140 pounds and never wore it again.
That's why I'm avoiding going to any prom type shops, a friend of mine has just spent £400 on hers, and has now put on weight so it doesn't fit, so no way would I spend so much for one night

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emilygeorgia98
That's why I'm avoiding going to any prom type shops, a friend of mine has just spent £400 on hers, and has now put on weight so it doesn't fit, so no way would I spend so much for one night

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's more that there are rarely any more events with which a prom dress would be appropriate to wear to, without looking like a wannabe pageant girl lol. What style of dress are you looking for?
This might be weird because I'm not a girl... but my sister got hers from here:

http://www.angelpromdress.co.uk
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
It's more that there are rarely any more events with which a prom dress would be appropriate to wear to, without looking like a wannabe pageant girl lol. What style of dress are you looking for?

That's what hers was a pageant dress
I have no idea, just long but open to anything really

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anarbayram
This might be weird because I'm not a girl... but my sister got hers from here:

http://www.angelpromdress.co.uk

There's some such nice ones, was hers okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Absolutely NOT diydresses. A girl in my class got hers from there despite it having atrocious reviews, when it came it was the wrong size, colour and didn't look the same. In my opinion, stay away from knock-off Chinese sites. Chi Chi London is nice.
Go to stores so you can see the dress in person! I never looked online for my prom dress, I went around different towns searching prom shops for a dress. A lengthy process but worth it as I found a beautiful dress and "got what I saw" if you know what I mean. I can't tell you how many girls I know ordered prom dresses online and didn't get what they expected :frown:

Also, don't get an expensive dress as you'll most likely never wear it again. Unless you find a dress that's wearable to any other event then I guess price doesn't matter too much.

Quick Reply

Latest