The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AnnieGakusei
Hello, I'm Annie and I've recently decided I want to become a Christian. Nobody knows about my change of beliefs (it's not something I feel comfortable discussing with close friends and family as they're strong atheists) and I don't really have any Christian friends to discuss this change with so it would be great to feel part of a community.

Looking forward to getting to know you all. :smile:

Hi Annie :hi: Welcome to the fold - to Christianity and to the TSR Christian 'X' Soc! Great to have you with us! :h:

I'm Shan, the resident badly-behaved Catholic :jebus:

Hope you've had a great day and if there's anything any of us can do to help you on your journey, just say the word! You will get lots of different opinions from across the spectrum of denominations, but hopefully in the midst of all that you will find a place within Christianity in which you feel comfortable :smile:
Hello, I'm Annie and I've recently decided I want to become a Christian. Nobody knows about my change of beliefs (it's not something I feel comfortable discussing with close friends and family as they're strong atheists) and I don't really have any Christian friends to discuss this change with so it would be great to feel part of a community.

Welcome! :smile:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hi Annie :hi: Welcome to the fold - to Christianity and to the TSR Christian 'X' Soc! Great to have you with us! :h:

I'm Shan, the resident badly-behaved Catholic :jebus:

Hope you've had a great day and if there's anything any of us can do to help you on your journey, just say the word! You will get lots of different opinions from across the spectrum of denominations, but hopefully in the midst of all that you will find a place within Christianity in which you feel comfortable :smile:

Original post by fluteflute
Welcome! :smile:

Thank you so much for welcoming me to this community! I was quite nervous about posting here, but you've made me feel at ease. :smile:
Thank you so much for welcoming me to this community! I was quite nervous about posting here, but you've made me feel at ease. :smile:

No need to feel nervous at all - we're very happy to have you with us and are ready to support you and pray for you along this road you have chosen to tread on! :hugs:
Reply 4744
Original post by Joannywhite
I'll keep u in my prayers girl :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! And I'm a dude. xD
Reply 4745

Yay, welcome (also, cool name :ninja:)

Sigh, sanding is such hard work. My room is looking really pretty though. Very excited :excited:
Original post by Tiwa
Could you please pray for me? I've been struggling with a long battle with lust. I would deeply appreciate it.

Be assured everyone struggles with something.

Imperfect world and we are imperfect people but God helps us daily with our struggles whatever they many be.

"So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won't be doing what your sinful nature craves". (Galatians 5 v 16)

God knows we will face struggles such as this and that is why He gives us verses of reassurance.

..."throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception. Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God—truly righteous and holy". (Eph 4 v 17)

We have to renew our minds daily. Off with the old struggles and on with the refreshing spirit of God.

Keep reading the promises of God, write them out and say them out loud. I'll be praying for you too. :smile:

Hi. God bless you :smile:, it's great to hear you have become a Christian. Are you part of a church?
Original post by Tiwa
Could you please pray for me? I've been struggling with a long battle with lust. I would deeply appreciate it.

2 corinthians10:5 NIV
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God,*and we take captive every thought to make it obedient*to Christ.

Pray this verse everyday it should change you
I also struggle with this but when thoughts come into my mind i rebuke them and pray this prayer and avoid looking in that direction

Will pray for you Brother in Christ:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4749
Original post by ProNoob
2 corinthians10:5 NIV
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God,*and we take captive every thought to make it obedient*to Christ.

Pray this verse everyday it should change you
I also struggle with this but when thoughts come into my mind i rebuke them and pray this prayer and avoid looking in that direction

Will pray for you Brother in Christ:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Racoon
Be assured everyone struggles with something.

Imperfect world and we are imperfect people but God helps us daily with our struggles whatever they many be.

"So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won't be doing what your sinful nature craves". (Galatians 5 v 16)

God knows we will face struggles such as this and that is why He gives us verses of reassurance.

..."throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception. Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God—truly righteous and holy". (Eph 4 v 17)

We have to renew our minds daily. Off with the old struggles and on with the refreshing spirit of God.

Keep reading the promises of God, write them out and say them out loud. I'll be praying for you too. :smile:

Amen! Thank you guys!
Reply 4750

praise God! Nice to meet you!
Seriously guys, anyone need a boost, an uplift in their faith then watch this episode of' Its Supernatural'.

Leif Hetland talks about God's love for us, he had a vision (one of many)
:smile:

http://sidroth.org/television/tv-archives/leif-hetland

Original post by Tiwa
Amen! Thank you guys!

Forgot to say earlier, am also praying for you :hugs:
Reply 4753
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Forgot to say earlier, am also praying for you :hugs:

Thank you!
Original post by Racoon
Hi. God bless you :smile:, it's great to hear you have become a Christian. Are you part of a church?

I'm not part of a church although I'd like to be. I'm worried about how my parents will react (they don't like religion) so I'm thinking of waiting until I go to university. :smile:
I'm not part of a church although I'd like to be. I'm worried about how my parents will react (they don't like religion) so I'm thinking of waiting until I go to university. :smile:

Finding a good church can take time, you might have to try a few out at first to see which one you like.

When you get to Uni you could go along to the Christian Union, sometimes they do a church crawl at the start of the new academic year (like a pub crawl but not :tongue:).
Taking a risk by posting in here. Not sure if this is bannable as I'm not a christian :colondollar:.

I was just wondering whether Christians believe the Bible is 100% the word of God. I recently chatted to someone about this and he claims that it's commonly accepted that the Bible has been changed over time as well that not all passages were directly inspired (i.e. they're the writers' interpretations of whatever visions they were given).
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by keromedic
Taking a risk by posting in here. Not sure if this is bannable as I'm not a christian :colondollar:.

I was just wondering whether Christians believe the Bible is 100% the word of God. I recently chatted to someone about this and he claims that it's commonly accepted that the Bible has been changed over time as well that not all passages were directly inspired (i.e. they're the writers' interpretations of whatever visions they were given).

Better to ask in the Ask About Christianity thread. Different people have different views. Personally the bible is 100% accurate and from God. And that's the view the bible itself takes: 2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

Can't really make it clearer.
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Better to ask in the Ask About Christianity thread. Different people have different views. Personally the bible is 100% accurate and from God. And that's the view the bible itself takes: 2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

Can't really make it clearer.

Ah okay. Thanks for the redirect.

It was my opinion too that that was what Christians believe! Though of course, I guess that doesn't invalidate the possibility that there may be differences between the modern Bible and the original.

I'll ask in the thread later.
Ah.... just found where they moved this section:tongue:, under 'life and style'. Seems an odd place as its all religious talk. I think its going to get missed being here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending