The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by teen1234
Iranian girls are different from say british and american girls though. Iranian parents have a big say in who their daughter marries and they have 'hastegari' which is pretty much 100% showing off how good the son is to the daughter's family. British and American girls dont give a care at all whether somebody is a dentist or doctor, not the case with iranian girls/families though.

I suppose so but what I wrote is based on my family and what I've witnessed. Khastegari in my family - and I'm sure in plenty of other families back in Iran - is to make sure the boy and the family are good and faithful. To see if the two families will get on - and most importantly, for the boy to gain permission for the daughter of the family. If the boy is a doctor/dentist/professor/whatever, then that's just a bonus.
It's true they'd want to show their son in a good light, but I wouldn't say 'show off' completely..

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by kaycana
I suppose so but what I wrote is based on my family and what I've witnessed. Khastegari in my family - and I'm sure in plenty of other families back in Iran - is to make sure the boy and the family are good and faithful. To see if the two families will get on - and most importantly, for the boy to gain permission for the daughter of the family. If the boy is a doctor/dentist/professor/whatever, then that's just a bonus.
It's true they'd want to show their son in a good light, but I wouldn't say 'show off' completely..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course being good and faithful is a given, those are of course more important than the profession of the boy. Their profession is still a very important factor and does attract more 'attention' from iranian families though
Reply 142
I am iranian and turkish. I am structural engineer and looking for iranian girl.
Buy a Hazmat suit and a lead bunker in case she tries to nuke you

Original post by Last Day Lepers
Tell them you're a jew from israel. Everyone loves a bit of forbidden fruit.

:rofl:

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
okay am persian myself so I can give a few good tips on how persian girls are/ how you should approach them:

Smell good
Good sense of humour
Have a good fashion style
Many Iranian girls are looking for wealthy men, so if you happen to be wealthy by any chance then your chances are doubled!
& Be confident no matter what

Goodluck
Original post by ando181
The people I've spoken to said they 'look down' on pakis and Indians.

That's because they're from third world countries, so we have every right to 'look down' on them.
Reply 146
They have a huge ego where they will look down upon a lot of people and will only marry the rich

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ando181
Every single Iranian(persian) girl I've seen is incredibly good looking, like seriously, has anybody else noticed this?

The only problem is that I've heard that Iranians don't date outside of their race and even if they do - they only go for dentists, doctors etc. Is there any point trying to go for an Iranian girl if you're not Iranian? The people I've spoken to said they 'look down' on pakis and Indians.

You need to express yourself through song
Shia based Islam is a total cop out. Persian muslims (along with certain other regions like Indonesia, Lebanon etc) have no credibility at all.
Reply 149
I'm an Iranian girl. The important thing to consider is the values that matter to them which have a huge dependence on the family in which they were raised. Normally, In Iran you can see three groups of people; the religious, the half religious and the none-religious which is far more frequent in the UK. As regards the religious, do not really try to approach them, that's quite pointless. But about the other groups, I should say, you don't really need anything special in terms of manner but in terms of other factors, there is a really obvious logic behind why Iranian girls prefer rich guys which is living in the UK is really money-consuming and expensive for Iranians (because of the currency and other financial issues), so logically they prefer those at the same level as theirs.
After all they're not from the outer space, just like other girls, be nice and kind to them, have a sense of humor and be good looking. And another thing, most of them don't really like it when you act like a pervert at first sight (just in case).
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 150
Original post by melody19
I completely agree, I actually can't think of any Iranians I know that are religious and go to the Mosque, and a religious person I know is Zartoshti so I don't know what he's on about. :s-smilie:

Last time I went all the young people especially told me they hated the regime and how jealous they are that I live in the west!

Also to the OP haha just approach them how you would any other girl, they're not a different species!! If they've been brought up here I highly doubt that they'd refuse to talk to you because you're not Iranian :smile:

Actually the point is mosques are generally for both Shia and Sunni while the majority of Iranians is Shia. I live in Oxford. It's been 2 years we've got our own Shia centre before that no one used to go to the mosque. They all used to leave Oxford for Shia centres in London. In Mohrram , thousands of us gather for Imam Hossein memorial in London or in other cities.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 151
Original post by Harrie Lyons
what if i can learn persian enough to have a conversation in two weeks, will that impress them?

They will be shocked! It will definitely touch their heart.
(edited 9 years ago)
This thread takes the objectification of women to a whole new level. The males on this board have hit an all time low.

Not only does this thread objectify and demean iranian girls but it also labels them as gold diggers not to mention this thread also suggests that non-iranian girls are somehow inferior to iranian girls further adding to the increasing body image pressure on everyday British women.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves and the girls partaking in this discussion are so corny and cringe-worthy have some self-respect...please.

*Leaves thread*
Reply 153
Original post by Daenerys...
This thread takes the objectification of women to a whole new level. The males on this board have hit an all time low.

Not only does this thread objectify and demean iranian girls but it also labels them as gold diggers not to mention this thread also suggests that non-iranian girls are somehow inferior to iranian girls further adding to the increasing body image pressure on everyday British women.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves and the girls partaking in this discussion are so corny and cringe-worthy have some self-respect...please.

*Leaves thread*

Everything else is rubbish. Please get banned.
Original post by RobML
Everything else is rubbish. Please get banned.

Original post by nci_X
I'm an iranian girl. Most Iranians really do look down on pakistanis/indians. The girls will either want to marry europeans or iranian like themselves. plus they will have to be rich.

Original post by ando181
So theres an element of truth behind Iranian girls going for dentists and doctors
Iranian guys are lucky lol

Original post by teen1234
Some Iranian girls are ridiculously hot, especially the mixed ones. In terms of dating outside of their race it depends, and yes, to a lot of them, your intended career is a huge part. The Iranian girls I know say that the confident Indian and Pakistani boys who come up to them are often idiots and low lives (cussy bros).

Original post by ando181
Every single Iranian(persian) girl I've seen is incredibly good looking, like seriously, has anybody else noticed this?

The only problem is that I've heard that Iranians don't date outside of their race and even if they do - they only go for dentists, doctors etc. Is there any point trying to go for an Iranian girl if you're not Iranian? The people I've spoken to said they 'look down' on pakis and Indians.

A short snippet of the prejudiced posts about women not including the ones that downplay other women and put Iranian girls on a pedestal like a piece of well-seasoned meat.

Typical male tactics to brush prejudice under the rug. Bite me.
Reply 155
Typical male tactics to brush prejudice under the rug. Bit me.

What I'd bolded is what I agree with
Original post by RobML
What I'd bolded is what I agree with

Reply 157

u wot
Reply 158
I totally agree but not with the part about them being fewer.
Religion does not really matter to many of them.
(edited 9 years ago)
I agree.

Latest