The Student Room Group

What can I do with Level 3 Award in Education and Training (PTTLS)?

A few weeks ago I dropped out of a 16+ PGCE as it was very poorly organised and the partnership college I was doing at failed to find me a placement for me to complete the required amount of hours to pass the course. I have considered completing the PGCE somewhere else in September but I'm uncertain if I want to do this or not. I received this qualification due to the assignments I have completed and I'm wondering what I could do with this? I worked as a mentor before I did my degree and have a mentoring qualification (although only a Level 2). I'm not interested in working abroad.
Reply 1
Maybe you could be a part time TA? Or run a nursery perhaps.
Do the CELTA/Trinity CertTESOL and then get a job in the FE/Private sector. I've done the Trinity CertTESOL and now currently doing the assignments for my PTLLS top up.
Reply 3
Original post by futbol
Maybe you could be a part time TA? Or run a nursery perhaps.

I do like the idea of being a TA however all the adverts I've seen for that role have asked for related NVQs which I wouldn't be able get funding for or afford to pay for myself.
Reply 4
Original post by Europhile
Do the CELTA/Trinity CertTESOL and then get a job in the FE/Private sector. I've done the Trinity CertTESOL and now currently doing the assignments for my PTLLS top up.

I have considered this but can't afford it atm. I remember reading that you dropped out of a PGCE was that a 16+ one too?
Original post by gemmam
I have considered this but can't afford it atm. I remember reading that you dropped out of a PGCE was that a 16+ one too?

I dropped out of a PGCE Secondary course so 11-16. I'm so much happier now.
Reply 6
I dropped out of a PGCE Secondary course so 11-16. I'm so much happier now.

Good :smile: I feel better since I left too. I did buy an online TEFL course a while back which I did part of and put a freeze on to come back to at a later date; however I've heard these can't be used for jobs in the UK is this right? Its ODLQC accredited.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by gemmam
Good :smile: I feel better since I left too. I did buy an online TEFL course a while back which I did part of and put a freeze on to come back to at a later date; however I've heard these can't be used for jobs in the UK is this right? Its ODLQC accredited.

That's correct. I believe most in the UK want either the CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL. Those online courses tend to only be accepted in some parts of Southern America and Asia.
Reply 8
That's correct. I believe most in the UK want either the CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL. Those online courses tend to only be accepted in some parts of Southern America and Asia.

Thanks; might just finish off the course for something to do though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gemmam
Thanks; might just finish off the course for something to do though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Always worth doing. All courses and qualifications you can get are strings in your bow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending