The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophieNorcross
I think so too

By the way- was it you that did socio too ?? (In the socio thread)
Original post by CD223
I do it by chapters in the red Martin Collier Edexcel Kaiser to Fuhrer textbook :smile: as well as my class notes.

They're done chronologically, (within reason, obviously the rise of the Nazis takes you back to 1920 after leaving Weimar at 1929), with a mix of timelines, mind maps, events bullet points and key people/words :smile:

Does that help?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, that was very helpful! Thank you! :biggrin: I'm just memorising & consolidating my knowledge from my notes now while doing past papers. Need to make some timelines in chronological order soon though. The Edexcel textbook is written pretty confusing in regards to timelines and how it goes back & forth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 302
Original post by Kmohazeb
pretty much sure the Kaiserreich will be asked

Me too - it's also said to be likely by my teacher

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 303
Original post by farawayfromnowhere
Yes, that was very helpful! Thank you! :biggrin: I'm just memorising & consolidating my knowledge from my notes now while doing past papers. Need to make some timelines in chronological order soon though. The Edexcel textbook is written pretty confusing in regards to timelines and how it goes back & forth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree! The textbook jumps a bit - especially from Weimar to the Nazis!
I haven't done past papers other than what has been set in class :/

Just finished making revision cards! So long :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kmohazeb
By the way- was it you that did socio too ?? (In the socio thread)

no
Reply 305
Can someone explain the rise and fall of the bulow bloc to me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody have a list of historians interpretations of all the debates on this course?
Original post by Ahmed_Duale
Does anybody have a list of historians interpretations of all the debates on this course?

There's a pack online for this exam, don't know if you've seen it but I think it includes historians debates on the WW1 controversy. If you PM me your email I can send it :]
Reply 308
Original post by Ahmed_Duale

I have a list of interpretations, but there's no need to remember associated historians.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 309
Original post by pearl_rose
There's a pack online for this exam, don't know if you've seen it but I think it includes historians debates on the WW1 controversy. If you PM me your email I can send it :]

Would you be able to post it on the thread so I can see if I can add it to the first post?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Would you be able to post it on the thread so I can see if I can add it to the first post?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure but I don't know how to, shall I email it to you?
This thread is so helpful. In terms of the controversy question, I think I'm getting better at the analysis of the sources but I still don't know how to structure the essay properly and any tips for A/A* grade analysis? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 312

Of course! I'll PM you my address :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 313
Original post by fatsherry
This thread is so helpful. In terms of the controversy question, I think I'm getting better at the analysis of the sources but I still don't know how to structure the essay properly and any tips for A/A* grade analysis? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah glad you find it useful.

I'll post a general essay plan in a second for the part B :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 314
General essay plan for part B:

Intro
Focus on Q
Link interpretations to the sources directly
Establish LOA

P1 weak
TS focus on Q and introduce argument
Link to source and quote
Support with own knowledge
Support with x-ref
…however…
Critique with own knowledge
Critique with x-ref
Mini-judgement with evaluation of the argument/sources

P2 weak
Link to source and quote
Support with x-ref
…however…
Critique with own knowledge
Critique with x-ref
Mini-judgement with evaluation of the argument/sources

P3 strong
Link to source and quote
Support with x-ref
…however…
Critique with x-ref
Dismiss x-ref with own knowledge
Critique with x-ref
Dismiss x-ref with own knowledge
Mini-judgement with evaluation of the argument/sources following your LOA

Conclusion
Focus on Q
Set out overall argument in reference to the sources
Go over the other two sources briefly & why their arguments are not as strong
Finish with clear statement on why preferred source is the strongest argument and link back to the question
Reply 315

Unfortunately the Germany revision guide exceeds the maximum file limit but the other file has been added to the post :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
General essay plan for part B:Intro• Focus on Q• Link interpretations to the sources directly Establish LOAP1 weak• TS focus on Q and introduce argument• Link to source and quote• Support with own knowledge• Support with x-ref• …however…• Critique with own knowledge• Critique with x-ref• Mini-judgement with evaluation of the argument/sourcesP2 weak• TS focus on Q and introduce argument• Link to source and quote• Support with own knowledge• Support with x-ref• …however…• Critique with own knowledge• Critique with x-ref• Mini-judgement with evaluation of the argument/sourcesP3 strong• TS focus on Q and introduce argument• Link to source and quote• Support with own knowledge• Support with x-ref• …however…• Critique with x-ref• Dismiss x-ref with own knowledge• Critique with x-ref• Dismiss x-ref with own knowledge• Mini-judgement with evaluation of the argument/sources following your LOAConclusion• Focus on Q• Set out overall argument in reference to the sources• Go over the other two sources briefly & why their arguments are not as strong• Finish with clear statement on why preferred source is the strongest argument and link back to the question

thats really good!! Thanks for this!! :smile:
Original post by CD223
Unfortunately the Germany revision guide exceeds the maximum file limit but the other file has been added to the post :smile:Posted from TSR Mobile

please can I have the link for this post?
Original post by CD223
Personally, my predictions are:

Part A:
Kaiserreich transformation of economy and politics 1900-14

Nazi consolidation of power in 1933

Part B:
Pressures domestically before WW1 leading to the outbreak of war as a means of placating the masses

(I don't do the Nazi controversy so I've no clue for that haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will WW1 definetely come up in the controversy or could they leave it out this year ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 319
Original post by SophieNorcross
thats really good!! Thanks for this!! :smile:

Thank you! What do you think to it? Reckon it will work in the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest