The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just walk up to them and say hi. Or, if you're feeling brave, salam :tongue:
Reply 161
Original post by binarythoughts
I agree.

Coming from Middle east I should say you're 100% right.
Original post by Ritba
Coming from Middle east I should say you're 100% right.

I'm not sure if that's sarcastic or not.
I come from the Middle East too..
Reply 163
I'm not sure if that's sarcastic or not.
I come from the Middle East too..

The situation in Iran is quite different from that of other middle eastern countries. In addition, we're particularly talking about the Iranians and Iran.
Original post by Ritba
The situation in Iran is quite different from that of other middle eastern countries. In addition, we're particularly talking about the Iranians and Iran.

I am aware of the difference...

Thats irrelevant to what I said though.
Reply 165
I am aware of the difference...

Thats irrelevant to what I said though.

So what's the point you're trying to make?
Original post by Ritba
So what's the point you're trying to make?

My only point was that I agreed with the statement made. Not sure where you went from there.
Read this thread and Loled. Coming from an iranian I assure you iranian women aren't anythig special and unfortunatly many iraninans in general have inferiority complexes and would try their best to look whiter and would be offended if you mistakes them for arabs. Of course many iranian girls are descent individuals like everyone else which is why I used the generalisation for iranians as a whole some of them anyway. At the end of the day if someone is so shallow to not give you a chance because of your race just move on and let them live in their shallow whole. On a side note british iranians in particular are probably the least religious Middle Eastern ethnicity however there are still some iranians who are observing muslims and I know many who aren't. So if your interested in unibrows and a fake plastic nose iranian gals are your thing (jk btw thought I needed to decrease the hype around them lol
Reply 168
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Read this thread and Loled. Coming from an iranian I assure you iranian women aren't anythig special and unfortunatly many iraninans in general have inferiority complexes and would try their best to look whiter and would be offended if you mistakes them for arabs. Of course many iranian girls are descent individuals like everyone else which is why I used the generalisation for iranians as a whole some of them anyway. At the end of the day if someone is so shallow to not give you a chance because of your race just move on and let them live in their shallow whole. On a side note british iranians in particular are probably the least religious Middle Eastern ethnicity however there are still some iranians who are observing muslims and I know many who aren't. So if your interested in unibrows and a fake plastic nose iranian gals are your thing (jk btw thought I needed to decrease the hype around them lol

Both the religious and the none-religious exist in the UK. You don't know the religious ones because you don't have any contact with them. I have and although I live in Oxford I've seen many of them keeping their cultural and religious values. You can even take me as an example. And No one said they're special the question was just about how to approach them. And about plastic surgery and stuff, again it can not be generalised.
Original post by Ritba
Both the religious and the none-religious exist in the UK. You don't know the religious ones because you don't have any contact with them. I have and although I live in Oxford I've seen many of them keeping their cultural and religious values. You can even take me as an example. And No one said they're special the question was just about how to approach them. And about plastic surgery and stuff, again it can not be generalised.

Firstly if you actually read what I wrote I said that there are some practicing british iranian muslims and I do have contact with many, so please read before stating what has already been stated.
secondly the plastic surgery thing was a joke, hence the use of jk ...
We South Asians are wonderful people why must Persians and Arabs look down on us? :mad:
Original post by cake_lover
We South Asians are wonderful people why must Persians and Arabs look down on us? :mad:

because we're better:biggrin:

(joking, i love asians & their food is da bomb)

why do they want to whiten their skin? and get nose jobs?
Reply 173
Original post by yasmin#2
because we're better:biggrin:

(joking, i love asians & their food is da bomb)

Yeah, me too! I really love them!
I clicked on this thread thinking I could berate the OP for asking stupid questions. Then I remembered that last time I met an Iranian girl I was drinking so I just told her that I hoped her country never gets nukes and pretty much let the conversation trail off from there.

So I too would like some advice approaching Iranian girls.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 175
Original post by Iwouldliketoknow
why do they want to whiten their skin? and get nose jobs?

It's generalization. Many prefer tanned skin and their own nosesn. Apparently, it was just a joke.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ritba
It's generalization. Many prefer tanned skin and their own nosesn. Apparently, it was just a joke.

Haj khanoom shoma dar oxford univeristy dars meekhoneend?
Original post by SmashConcept
I clicked on this thread thinking I could berate the OP for asking stupid questions. Then I remembered that last time I met an Iranian girl I was drinking so I just told her that I hoped her country never gets nukes and pretty much let the conversation trail off from there.

So I too would like some advice approaching Iranian girls.

Why would you bring up politics when trying ti hit on a girl? I think the real problem is you need to rethink your approach in general not just for iranian girls.
Original post by cake_lover

In my experience, Iranians don't look down on Pakistanis and Indians.
The banter I don't mind.
Haj khanoom shoma dar oxford univeristy dars meekhoneend?

Man ni midonistam shuma Irani hasti..

Latest