The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ilovesophialucia
Have you read at the above posts? Summarising what is said above. Basically, for OMAM it is likely to be Candy or Curley, or even the opening and ending setting. For AIC , probably Mr Birling, but if the examiners want to catch us out, maybe Gerald or Shiela as they came up a while back.

It's the last time aqa are doing OMAM so they're going to make it a super difficult exam to end off with
Original post by rachelramos
It's the last time aqa are doing OMAM so they're going to make it a super difficult exam to end off with

I'm sure the year below also do OMAM too and they're the last ones but idk. And even if it is the last time I think that they will use Curley and Mr Birling as they haven't been used before and will want to get them in somewhere. And how can an exam be more difficult than another, so what if Crooks and the theme of responsibility in AIC come up that is still fine haha:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by isthatmatilda
so i'm doing the crucible, TKAM and the relationships cluster and these are my predictions, not that anybody cares...
Crucible:
they usually give a theme and character as the option questions so i think it's going to be on tituba (ooh plot twist) and the theme of reputation.
(ALTHOUGH because they did two characters last year i have a bad feeling they're gonna do two theme questions this year:frown:)
other possibilities i think it could be: elizabeth, danforth, the putnams and if they're feeling evil, betty:tongue:. other themes: revenge, loyalty and hysteria.

TKAM:
i think the extract is gonna be from the missionary circle chapter to lead on to a part b) question about the presentation of women
(i hate the extract question btw; they literally choose extracts with nothing to analyse :/ )
but just as general advice i would revise racism/injustice thoroughly and would write an essay to learn because contrary to my prediction, they love centering the section b questions around racism/injustice/prejudice etc.

Relationships:
this is what has come up so far
june 2011- manhunt and nettles
jan 2012- sonnet 43 and harmonium
june 2012- quickdraw and praise song for my mother
june 2013- sonnet 116 and born yesterday
june 2014 - farmer's bride and ghazal

so i predict - hour and to his coy mistress which i would be very happy with
(i read somewhere that sister maude, ipwy and brothers won't come up for higher because they're 'foundation questions' but don't quote me on that
:tongue:)

+ let's just pray they're merciful with the unseen

final thought: since we're the penultimate year before the reforms, they might get lazy and just recycle old paper questions so don't just assume when you look at a past paper "thank God we're not going to get this!"

lol soz if this got way too long

Hi, thanks for all of this. I just need to ask, if Tituba were to come up in 'The Crucible' what the could the question be? Thanks very much
Hey guys! I'm doing OMAM and AIC, with Character/voice in the poetry section. I only joined my current school in January so wasn't here for OMAM and AIC. I have OMAM notes (thank you, Sparknotes! If anyone wants my summarised summaries/analysis/quotes etc just PM me - I have them in Anki deck format and also .txt flashcards) and am using online resources for AIC too, but.... I'm worried :frown: mostly about OMAM, because honestly I've never liked it very much!! And I'm not sure I understand how to use quotes to their full effect :/
Reply 104
How on earth do you revise for english.
Im doing OMAM and an inspector calls and the relationship cluster. My target is a B and I got a C in my CA. can anyone help really dont want to re sit the whole course next year
Reply 105
Does anyone know what the foundation OMAM question was last year then? I've looked on the AQA website and it doesn't seem to be on there sadly..
Original post by gcser
Heyyy I haven't read this thread so if someone has already said this to you then don't shoot me, but there's a pattern in AQA English lit papers for the OMAM question. The foundation question from the previous year is always related to higher question of the following year. So I did the June 2014 higher exam, and the question on OMAM was the same question as the foundation had in June 2013, and it carries on backwards...worth a look! Obviously don't rely on this because god knows they can change it any time they want but it's just something to point out. Last year I did OMAM and AIC and the relationships poetry and got an A*, still have essays saved on here so if any one wants any just drop me a PM..:smile:

so from this what are your predictions for summer as your hypothesis seems interesting
Hey guys, does anyone know the foundation 2014 for lit please?

Its still not on AQA website :angry:
Anyone predict what the question is for Martyn Pig and for the conflict cluster???

Ive tried to narrow the options for OMAM down haha but there are so many... Ive come up with the key scenes to be questioned on:
Death of Lennie
Lennie in Crooks' room
The death of Candy's Dog
The ending of the novella (because its cyclical)
The introduction to Curley
The introduction to all of the nature right at the beginning
The dream of the farm (with all Candy, George and Lennie)
The death of Curley's wife
The story of the incident in Weed

Let me know if you can come up with anymore haha- would appreciate it

Thanks
Does anyone know what came up on the 2014 OMAM foundation paper??
Also, what came up on the poetry conflict cluster last year?? Any ideas what is likely this year?
Hey everyone :smile: Since a lot of people are asking how to revise. . . I don't pretend to be an expert on this and obviously this might not work for you but I have some general ideas. . .

- Go on sparknotes.com and find the appropriate novel and play you are studying. There's normally a summary and analysis for each act/chapter, read the summary and make detailed notes using the analysis as a prompt, and for each point you make choose a relevant quotation.

Also, look at the key quotations bit and try to make your own interpretations of them all, and maybe choose some more so you are confident with one or two quotes that can be applied to most questions.

- Watch Mr Bruff videos on YouTube, hr has lots of a* exempler answers so you can get a taster of what you think you need to include, and also stuff about a lot of plays and books you might be studying.

- Try some past questions (as usual) and first give yourself Say 1 hour for unit 1 then knock it down each time you do it and you will feel more confident writing in the time limit.

To be honest, I think the most important thing above all is understanding the texts properly and really understanding the significance of what's going on. Since we only have 1 month make this your priority!!!
Hope this helped someone :h: and Good LLuck!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by GCSE student 1
Hi, thanks for all of this. I just need to ask, if Tituba were to come up in 'The Crucible' what the could the question be? Thanks very much

Just butting in here but I do the Crucible too and I think for Tituba the question could be on perceptions of some characters being weaker than others, fate (not sure about this one but because we never learn of her fate I feel that the exam board might be extra mean and ask for interpretations of this etc, but I think this would be unlikelyn) or betrayal, whether that be of morals or of other people. That's just my guess though!
Anybody else here doing character and voice poems? If so, any ideas on what might come up? Struggling to predict what they might choose as only Brendon Gallacher, Give and TRM have never come up, but (don't hold me to this as I only read it on here!) I read that at least 2 of these poems don't come up on higher... I wouldn't be surprised if they do My last duchess or medusa again, but honestly I have no clue!:confused:
http://www.wjec.co.uk/qualifications/qualification-resources.html?subject=EnglishLiterature&level=GCSE&pastpaper=true

You have to figure which ones are foundation papers
(PS it's true, what he said about the foundation paper having the question for the following year. ..)
Does any one know the foundatiom question from 2014 for Of mice and men
PLEASE I want to test something out
would you please predict the possible poems that might come up this year in the relationship section???...thnks
Original post by betiel-k
would you please predict the possible poems that might come up this year in the relationship section???...thnks

My bet for higher tier is To His Coy Mistress
Original post by L625
Does anyone know what the foundation OMAM question was last year then? I've looked on the AQA website and it doesn't seem to be on there sadly..

Original post by WhizzKidhehe:)
Hey guys, does anyone know the foundation 2014 for lit please?

Its still not on AQA website :angry:

Original post by Olivia1355
Does anyone know what came up on the 2014 OMAM foundation paper??
Also, what came up on the poetry conflict cluster last year?? Any ideas what is likely this year?

Original post by NayanWagz
Does any one know the foundatiom question from 2014 for Of mice and men
PLEASE I want to test something out

Here you go everyone. :itsme:I'm really skeptical about this hypothesis someone proposed, it has seemed to work in the past but this question (part a) Is very similar to last years higher question, but please don't rely on this. (Foundation 2014 OMAM AQA)
:goodluck: to everyone sitting this exam

For all of you who do not know, there is a pattern in the last few years exams, that means that the year before foundation question is always similar to the next years higher question. So this is the 2014 foundation question, meaning we could have a question similar to this this year :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by _ariane29

Here you go everyone. :itsme:I'm really skeptical about this hypothesis someone proposed, it has seemed to work in the past but this question (part a) Is very similar to last years higher question. As for part b, there is a possibility. So please don't rely on this. (Foundation 2014 OMAM AQA) :goodluck: to everyone sitting this exam

Are you sure that this is it?
Original post by NayanWagz
Are you sure that this is it?

Is it from
the foundation 2014 June paper

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending