The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well for anyone that is doing aqa, if I have a* on my isa and I'm doing foundation science and get a c in my exam how high does my C have to be to in order to move my C to a B overall including exam and isa?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5561
Original post by _Charlotte15
Je suis un joueur de tennis International. Why you would want to say that I'll never know haha, but think that's right.

Lool the topic was a bit wired but Thanks that's what I wrote

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Steliata
Hi there. I don't know how to specifically get an A* for your exam board but try to be creative with your responses using unusual metaphors. For example, in To Kill A Mockingbird, Mayella Ewell's red geraniums could be seen to represent her wish for a better life - it's said that growing things is a way to wellbeing. The colour red is also significant because it suggests violence, which is rife in her household.

I'm not saying these will definitely get you an A* but my exam board likes 'original thought' so you could give it a go in the next mock you do. Authors like putting subtle hints in their works, it's just finding them that's the issue.

Hope this helps. :smile:

Okay thanks a lot! Yeah, Edexcel wants "perceptive comments" but whenever o come up with any they seem so out of the box and weird that they just could not be right hahaha 😂 I will try

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by isabellagrace
Okay thanks a lot! Yeah, Edexcel wants "perceptive comments" but whenever o come up with any they seem so out of the box and weird that they just could not be right hahaha 😂 I will try

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could try looking it up on Google if you're stuck
Original post by sunnyrays07
Finally someone else who hates them too! They're so difficult! Equilibrium and titrations are the only things in chemistry I'll never be able to understand!

Oh god! Let's hope there not worth a load of marks in our exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kimberlymegsx
Oh god! Let's hope there not worth a load of marks in our exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile

But I like those :frown: They're like free marks and they're not immensely hard to get your head round either
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1429807985.657089.jpg can someone help me do this question? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dumb cabbage
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1429807985.657089.jpg can someone help me do this question? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

AB =AC hence
5w = 3w +3
2w = 3
w = 1.5

BC = 1.5 + 6 = 7.5
AB = 5 x 1.5 = 7.5
AC = 3 x 1.5 + 3 = 7.5

All sides are equal hence it is equilateral
Original post by Nirgilis
But the most fun :colone: . I found GCSE science tough, and now I'm in my final year of a Chemistry Degree! :awesome: . Never had more fun in my life :yep:

Wow you've gone very far :biggrin:
Original post by Strom
Wow you've gone very far :biggrin:

I've been on this planet 6 years longer than you, so I'd hope so! :shakecane: :tongue:

In 2021, we'll have this conversation again and see how far YOU'VE come from your GCSE year. You will be absolutely amazed :lol: . I could write a novel on how far I've come as a person, but that would spoil the surprise for you when you go through A-levels, University and job-hunting :wink: . You will improve so much as a person. You currently have no comprehension of the possibilities that await before you. It's exciting :biggrin:
Original post by Nirgilis
I've been on this planet 6 years longer than you, so I'd hope so! :shakecane: :tongue:

In 2021, we'll have this conversation again and see how far YOU'VE come from your GCSE year. You will be absolutely amazed :lol: . I could write a novel on how far I've come as a person, but that would spoil the surprise for you when you go through A-levels, University and job-hunting :wink: . You will improve so much as a person. You currently have no comprehension of the possibilities that await before you. It's exciting :biggrin:

Oh so you're doing a four year course :biggrin: Masters? I am excited but simultaneously terrified; mostly by uncertainty. I have no idea what I'll get in my GCSEs, or A-Levels, or even what degree I'll do or uni I'll go to.
One can only speculate :colonhash:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Same! :woo:

Yes. I'm pretty sure everyone is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:ahee:I'm not alone! Yay!
How are you finding it? :smile:
Original post by saahil0987
AB =AC hence
5w = 3w +3
2w = 3
w = 1.5

BC = 1.5 + 6 = 7.5
AB = 5 x 1.5 = 7.5
AC = 3 x 1.5 + 3 = 7.5

All sides are equal hence it is equilateral

Thank youu :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Congratulations! It was for english literature

I've completely changed my mind on controlled assessment this past year. I used to think they were such a chore but now I realise how much they are going to help my grades especially both english literature and language seeing as it's going to be impossible for me to get an a* in the exam. I've got near to full marks on all my controlled assessments across all subjects. :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We spent 3 months doing speaking and listening as part of our English GCSE and I got 39/40 but then the teacher realised it wasn't going towards our final mark, so I'm feeling quite annoyed that we haven't finished everything, our exams are in 2 weeks and that we spent months on something very pointless. :mad: But well done on your controlled assessment!
Original post by sunnyrays07
We spent 3 months doing speaking and listening as part of our English GCSE and I got 39/40 but then the teacher realised it wasn't going towards our final mark, so I'm feeling quite annoyed that we haven't finished everything, our exams are in 2 weeks and that we spent months on something very pointless. :mad: But well done on your controlled assessment!

3 months? We probably spent like three weeks 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5575
Today we got told that we have another english Lang mock tomorrow first thing, this is SOOO annoying 😡, has everyone done their mocks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SSAA9
Today we got told that we have another english Lang mock tomorrow first thing, this is SOOO annoying 😡, has everyone done their mocks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We've done our English mock a few weeks ago and I got an A. But the English language mock we have tomorrow is optional for the two higher sets in our year as we already have had enough practice. I choose to do because might as well considering the English language exam is like the first exam on the 5th of May. What exam board are you won for English language?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1429825774.035531.jpg A little help please? It's worth 6 marks! :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dumb cabbage
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1429825774.035531.jpg A little help please? It's worth 6 marks! :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

10x10x4 = volume of one pack

400 x 25 = Volume of 25 packs

4/3 x pi x 6^3 = Vol of one sphere

10,000 / (4/3 x pi x 6^3) = Your answer
Original post by saahil0987
10x10x4 = volume of one pack

400 x 25 = Volume of 25 packs

4/3 x pi x 6^3 = Vol of one sphere

10,000 / (4/3 x pi x 6^3) = Your answer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest