The Student Room Group

Just need someone advise on relationship

Okay I'm in a relationship and everything's perfect I feel like I have a tendency to over think and make things seems bigger than they are He went on holiday in January and we didn't speak for a week and the second week he got in contact with me told his friend to tell me to reactivate my Facebook and he basically asked me that are we serious would I marry him and ever since we've been serious. He's been to all of my uni open days we've bought a car together and he's booking his practical he's getting me a laptop for when I go uni then we are saving up for a house a together but sometimes I feel. We don't talk as much or we don't see as each other as much I haven't seen him for two weeks and I feel like he doesn't miss me or maybe I'm expecting fariy tale things to happen not saying I'm in the right but like yeah can someone help me gather my thoughts because I think of the most weirdest things

Posted from TSR Mobile
This guy bends over backwards for you by the sounds of it! His actions towards you such as suggesting he wants to settle down with you should be enough to show that he cares
Reply 2
Original post by annarchy.
This guy bends over backwards for you by the sounds of it! His actions towards you such as suggesting he wants to settle down with you should be enough to show that he cares

It's defo me overthinking but I always send him these long texts and I just don't get replies they are cute texts so lack of messaging doesn't mean anything basically?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some people just aren't good at texting, if you're worried just ask him, probably a simple explanation
Reply 4
Original post by annarchy.
Some people just aren't good at texting, if you're worried just ask him, probably a simple explanation

I know but I remember at the start he used to tell me he misses me he's attached and all sorts and now he doesn't I asked he goes but you know I don't tell those things

Posted from TSR Mobile
You don't get any replies at all from long texts? Do you ask him any questions in it? Even if you don't, surely it should bring out some kind of response...

If you think you can compromise and accept that he won't send back 'cute' text messages then fine. I s'pose it's hard to just ask 'why won't you respond to these texts' because it might come across as clingy. If he goes off on holiday and doesn't talk to you at all, you have to tell him that the lack of communication is bothering you - though you understand that it's a holiday for him and he wants to be free from everything, you'd like to hear from him just once a week to see how he's doing.

It sounds like he does care about you, but just has communication issues.
Reply 6
Original post by SeanFM
You don't get any replies at all from long texts? Do you ask him any questions in it? Even if you don't, surely it should bring out some kind of response...

If you think you can compromise and accept that he won't send back 'cute' text messages then fine. I s'pose it's hard to just ask 'why won't you respond to these texts' because it might come across as clingy. If he goes off on holiday and doesn't talk to you at all, you have to tell him that the lack of communication is bothering you - though you understand that it's a holiday for him and he wants to be free from everything, you'd like to hear from him just once a week to see how he's doing.

It sounds like he does care about you, but just has communication issues.

No I don't ask questions I just tell him how much he means to me and how much I love him and he did get in contact with me for the whole week e spoke to me and the day he came back he met me straight away spent the whole day with me I know exactly my point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by cheeky 12
Okay I'm in a relationship and everything's perfect I feel like I have a tendency to over think and make things seems bigger than they are He went on holiday in January and we didn't speak for a week and the second week he got in contact with me told his friend to tell me to reactivate my Facebook and he basically asked me that are we serious would I marry him and ever since we've been serious. He's been to all of my uni open days we've bought a car together and he's booking his practical he's getting me a laptop for when I go uni then we are saving up for a house a together but sometimes I feel. We don't talk as much or we don't see as each other as much I haven't seen him for two weeks and I feel like he doesn't miss me or maybe I'm expecting fariy tale things to happen not saying I'm in the right but like yeah can someone help me gather my thoughts because I think of the most weirdest things

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hold on, so you lost communication for a while and then he randomly gets into contact with you through a mutual friend and asked you about marriage and stuff. Am I right?
Reply 8
Original post by GKOne
Hold on, so you lost communication for a while and then he randomly gets into contact with you through a mutual friend and asked you about marriage and stuff. Am I right?

No he went on holiday for two weeks my fb was deactivated he asked his friend to tell me to reactivate it so he could speak for the rest of the week he was on holiday we neve lost communication we've just started speaking a lot less

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9

Posted from TSR Mobile

He sounds pretty serious about you! :smile: to be honest just because he doesn't txt or message you doesn't mean he's not into you. Men (sorry for the generalisation) tend to be just forgetful to message/talk, he's probably just busy sorting out your lives! believe me he's a Keeper!
Reply 10
Original post by lydrose
He sounds pretty serious about you! :smile: to be honest just because he doesn't txt or message you doesn't mean he's not into you. Men (sorry for the generalisation) tend to be just forgetful to message/talk, he's probably just busy sorting out your lives! believe me he's a Keeper!

That's was actually so nice of you thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
No he went on holiday for two weeks my fb was deactivated he asked his friend to tell me to reactivate it so he could speak for the rest of the week he was on holiday we neve lost communication we've just started speaking a lot less

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, then I wouldn't worry about anything however I would have a REALLY good think about marriage and stuff like that because they are major commitments and shouldn't be rushed or pressured into

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending