The Student Room Group

PGCE - Current Students Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr M
Nice of them to install a bench beside the phone box in your village. :smile:

I'll have you know it was one of those candlestick phones cocktail waitresses use to bring to your table in Jazz speakeasies.
Original post by Airfairy
No it is a 'yay' situation :tongue: . We have been texting tonight. I remembered that I hate the 'game' of who texts who first, how long do you wait, who asks more on going out. -_-

Eurgh, don't even think about it :') just text back whenever you see it! After spending a few months dating someone who clearly had control issues and played games with texting, I couldn't be bothered anymore!

I'd suggest this weekend? Or even a 'so what do you fancy doing when we go out then?'

On another note, is anybody utterly shattered?

This is the first week back and it's also my first week of going to school 5 days a week! Normally by this point of the week I'm shattered but I know I only have one more day.., whereas now, I've got two days.

My professional mentor told me he'd been singing my praises today to the deputy head and part of me wonders if I should have waited for an NQT job in case they offered me one here...

Don't get me wrong, my NQT school seems brilliant, but I just love my placement so so much.
Reply 6002
Mentors feedback

Good points - greeted students at door.

Bad points - uniform needs checking, differentiation, why weren't 9 students needing help catered to, how was assessment done, not enough pace, not enough progress.

Not good enough? Ever good enough, no.

Counting down these days - cannot wait to be out of here.
Had a really super day today. Just need to make sure I tidy up around the edges and I think I'll be happy with how I'm doing.

Then to start polishing differentiation to make it more obvious and discreetly targeted.

Doing a D of E practice weekend next week. I'm so excited and yay for standard evidence too :biggrin:

Anyone running their own club? I'm being encouraged but I think it'd kill me.
So ive been plodding along on my new larger post easter timetable and today i did a starter for a business studies class (I do cs and ict so they overlap sometimes) and my mentor told me it was excellent (first time Ive had that), im wondering whether i chose the wrong subject to teach! Lol
Original post by Ratchit99
So ive been plodding along on my new larger post easter timetable and today i did a starter for a business studies class (I do cs and ict so they overlap sometimes) and my mentor told me it was excellent (first time Ive had that), im wondering whether i chose the wrong subject to teach! Lol

I really really enjoy teaching business and I'm cs and IT too. I only do little things but it definitely makes me want to add a bit of business to my timetable.
Original post by Sam89
Mentors feedback

Good points - greeted students at door.

Bad points - uniform needs checking, differentiation, why weren't 9 students needing help catered to, how was assessment done, not enough pace, not enough progress.

Not good enough? Ever good enough, no.

Counting down these days - cannot wait to be out of here.

The important thing to remember is that it's much easier to pick out the bad things than the good things, so not to be too disheartened. I'd recommend you choose one thing from the bad points a week to work on - of those assessment is the what I'd begin with, as it leads naturally onto differentiation in the next week.
Since you guys have been like my online family for this past year, I wanted to let you all know that I GOT A NQT JOB!!! I can't believe it, the competition was ruthless and to honest I did not think I would get it, but I did. It's an outstanding school too.

Thank you guys!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Red Lightning
Since you guys have been like my online family for this past year, I wanted to let you all know that I GOT A NQT JOB!!! I can't believe it, the competition was ruthless and to honest I did not think I would get it, but I did. It's an outstanding school too.

Thank you guys!

Ahh well done!! Remind me of your subject?

We are all like a big online teacher training family :lol: . I hope we all move on to the NQT thread...if we get jobs...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6009
Original post by tory88
The important thing to remember is that it's much easier to pick out the bad things than the good things, so not to be too disheartened. I'd recommend you choose one thing from the bad points a week to work on - of those assessment is the what I'd begin with, as it leads naturally onto differentiation in the next week.

I will do thank you.. though nothing is ever good enough sometimes, maybe I've just lost motivation nearing these end weeks. I have a non caring attitude and I never used to be this way.

Hopefully it'll pick up soon.

We are all like a big online teacher training family :lol: . I hope we all move on to the NQT thread...if we get jobs...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let's try and be positive :tongue:

I'm teaching four year 12 pupils for my interview lesson on Monday. Everyone I've told so far sounds terrified at that idea.

I am now petrified.
Reply 6011
Guys question please

Has anyone gone from working in the industry (with a good job) then pursuing a PGCE thinking it's not right for you and going back to industry?

Did you get comments like - what a waste of a year etc?
Original post by Red Lightning

Thank you guys!

Well done! All the best!
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Let's try and be positive :tongue:

I'm teaching four year 12 pupils for my interview lesson on Monday. Everyone I've told so far sounds terrified at that idea.

I am now petrified.

Considering I'm applying for a level jobs, my interviews have been the same. It is pretty scary though :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Going on my date with the technician tonight... sort of feel sick. I hate dates. I get so nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Secondary maths
Original post by Sam89
Guys question please

Has anyone gone from working in the industry (with a good job) then pursuing a PGCE thinking it's not right for you and going back to industry?

Did you get comments like - what a waste of a year etc?

Yes im from industry and im going back for now. Dont think its a wasted year though. Its been an interesting challenge and taught me alot about myself and how i work with other people, plus always good to have another string to your bow :smile:
Going on my date with the technician tonight... sort of feel sick. I hate dates. I get so nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! He's probably just as nervous as you :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How exciting! Have fun. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooooh! I'm vicariously excited!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending