The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BOGH
What are people's opinions on signing a spring week offer in April and then reneging on it in for another offer on October or even early 2016?

You'll probably be fine, although of course some banks will dislike it more than others.

I spoke to someone who reneged a grad offer, then actually ended up transferring to that bank only a couple of years later and they didn't even bring it up. So for just a spring week its extremely unlikely anything would happen.
Original post by Bloxorus
You'll probably be fine, although of course some banks will dislike it more than others.

I spoke to someone who reneged a grad offer, then actually ended up transferring to that bank only a couple of years later and they didn't even bring it up. So for just a spring week its extremely unlikely anything would happen.

Interesting case! Do you know which banks might dislike it more than others? It just seems like such a long time to then reneging on the offer...
Original post by BOGH
Interesting case! Do you know which banks might dislike it more than others? It just seems like such a long time to then reneging on the offer...

I honestly don't know what banks would dislike it more. However if you renege in October, it still gives them plenty of time to find someone else to fill your place...
Well its been 420 pages of highs and lows, apart from a few muppets everyone has been helpful and encouraging. Similar to ariellechantel I've converted both my SWs and I'm happy to help. It's a small world out there so I'm sure many of our paths will cross again.

For anyone that has an offer for HSBC's First Year Summer Internship (its not IB) here is the FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/787573741325168/.

Good luck with your exams and anyone who will be applying for Springs or Summers next cycle!

EDIT: Also http://www.studentladder.co.uk/ is a useful website as it lists placements and offers advice on applying etc.
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone know of any opportunities for this year summer? I'm bumped, couldn't find anything.
Hi all, how would you answer: "
Please summarise a recent event or development relating to local, regional or global activity that impacts our industry.". Could you please give me a few ideas and point me in the right direction? Here or in PM.
Original post by Joseph.S
Hi all, how would you answer: "
Please summarise a recent event or development relating to local, regional or global activity that impacts our industry.". Could you please give me a few ideas and point me in the right direction? Here or in PM.

Greece / Oil / Interest Rates / Regulation. Surely you have heard of something.
Original post by Razina17
Anyone know of any opportunities for this year summer? I'm bumped, couldn't find anything.

Do some volunteering, have fun, life's too short :tongue:
Original post by James E Walker
Do some volunteering, have fun, life's too short :tongue:

ibd is boring and depressing as ****, having fun wouldnt help get a summer lol.
Original post by welcometoib
ibd is boring and depressing as ****, having fun wouldnt help get a summer lol.

If you think it's boring then why do you want to get a job in it?
Original post by MathsNerd1
If you think it's boring then why do you want to get a job in it?

i may not want to now?
i may not want to now?

Was the experience not up to your expectations?
Was the experience not up to your expectations?

no that, i just think my eyes kind of opened as to what it is REALLY like, like when analysts say its torture but you just think oh its fine ill manage to deal with it when i get there? i think i just realized money is only worth so much. doesnt mean i wont consider it again later on, just atm this is not for me.
no that, i just think my eyes kind of opened as to what it is REALLY like, like when analysts say its torture but you just think oh its fine ill manage to deal with it when i get there? i think i just realized money is only worth so much. doesnt mean i wont consider it again later on, just atm this is not for me.

That's fair enough and I might change my view on it after I've completed this summer, I'm not entirely sure what I want to do as a career yet.
That's fair enough and I might change my view on it after I've completed this summer, I'm not entirely sure what I want to do as a career yet.

youre going abroad right? i cant remember where, link to the site/page where you got that please? its fine, we have at least two years to think, this summer will be important though haha.
youre going abroad right? i cant remember where, link to the site/page where you got that please? its fine, we have at least two years to think, this summer will be important though haha.

Yeah, Italy then China and I got it through absolute internships and that is true, however I would like something lined up for the summer
Yeah, Italy then China and I got it through absolute internships and that is true, however I would like something lined up for the summer

thats cool. just flicking through it now, for preferred programme did you click finance? i dont see a banking specific one
thats cool. just flicking through it now, for preferred programme did you click finance? i dont see a banking specific one

Yeah
Reply 8378
for fast track interviews held in late summer, is much/any consideration given to your first year grade? will they ask for results etc or not because those held earlier couldn't have had theirs at the time?
Reply 8379
Hey everyone!

Has anyone gone through the JP Morgan Markets assessment centre after the spring weeks? I have mine next week, and I would greatly greatly appreciate some insight on how it goes down, what to expect, and your overall experiences.

**Positive vibes will be awarded**
Thank youuuu!!

Latest

Trending

Trending