The Student Room Group

Why is talking about sex more acceptable than talking about what happens during sex?

When people talk tot ehir friends about sexual intercourse they talk about the following things:

When someone first had sex.
How many people they have had intercourse with.
What things arouse their bodies.
What things they like being done to their bodies.
What people don't like being done to their bodies.
How much people masturbate.
What they masterbate too.
People's sex drives.
Things that people want to do or be done to them.
ETC.
All of the above information is very personal and spread like wildfire...

What's wrong with talking about sexual intercourse in regards to the biology of it?
You can learn so much about it!
List of topics you can talk about and learn about:

The anatomy of the sex organs.
The physiology of the sex organs.
What happens when someone sexually aroused.
What happens during the sexual response cycle.
The ovarian and uterine cycle.
Issues with the above cycles.
How spermatazoia and ova are produced.
Issues with the above processes.
How the contraceptive pills work
What happens during fertilization.
Embryology/fetology.
Labour.
Lactogenesis and lactation.
Sexual diseases and how they affect people.
Infertility and how it occurs.

I'm sure there is more things to learn but I can't think of any.

As you can see there are many things you can talk about regarding sexual biology. What's wrong with talking about it?

One more thing... During orgasms in both males and females the anal sphincter closes up. What happens when there is an object in the anus?
Apart from STDs and contraceptives, I don't talk about any of the things in the second list because I have no reason to be interested in them.
Original post by MylittlePlusle

What's wrong with talking about sexual intercourse in regards to the biology of it?
You can learn so much about it!
List of topics you can talk about and learn about:

The anatomy of the sex organs.
The physiology of the sex organs.
What happens when someone sexually aroused.
What happens during the sexual response cycle.
The ovarian and uterine cycle.
Issues with the above cycles.
How spermatazoia and ova are produced.
Issues with the above processes.
How the contraceptive pills work
What happens during fertilization.
Embryology/fetology.
Labour.
Lactogenesis and lactation.
Sexual diseases and how they affect people.
Infertility and how it occurs.

I'm sure there is more things to learn but I can't think of any.

As you can see there are many things you can talk about regarding sexual biology. What's wrong with talking about it?

I dont think people would understand half the stuff you listed. Lol
Original post by Sumeira.B
I dont think people would understand half the stuff you listed. Lol

It's easy to understand though... Most people did sex education so they must have a basic understanding of what I posted.
It's easy to understand though... Most people did sex education so they must have a basic understanding of what I posted.

True, however do you think people will really be interested in talking about that kinda stuff? Like what happens during fertility?

sex education in school was mainly focused on contraception so presume most teenagers wouldnt have lessons on the actual biology of sex per say.
so they wouldnt have an understanding of the things you listed unless they had a particular interest in sexual health or midwifery
Original post by Sumeira.B
True, however do you think people will really be interested in talking about that kinda stuff? Like what happens during fertility?

I'm sure there are people who are interested in fertility.

I don't know why people are not interested in sexual biology It's important to know some of this stuff. E.g, signs of pregnancy.
There's nothing "wrong" with talking about the biological side of sex, and I'm sure a lot of people do discuss it. They're two different conversations imo, and there are a lot more people who are interested in sex than there are interested in biology, hence why the first list of discussion is more common.
Most people don't talk about sex. Most people just have sex, a smoke or a drink afterwards depending on their vice and then roll over and go to sleep. You should try it some time.

One more thing... During orgasms in both males and females the anal sphincter closes up. What happens when there is an object in the anus?

The term is "reproductive biology"!

If there's an object in the anus, the anal sphincter contracts around the object. Like your fist can close, but if an object is in your fist, your fist just squeezes against the object. In the event that an object that isn't attached to someone else is inserted into the anus and doesn't have a flaired-base, it's possible that the anal constriction can squeeze the object further up the rectum (in a fashion similar to reverse peristalsis) and get it stuck there. Resulting in a nasty trip to A&E, and a radiograph the local staff will laugh about for years to come. :tongue: This is more of a mechanics issue than a biology one. :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Europhile
Most people don't talk about sex. Most people just have sex, a smoke or a drink afterwards depending on their vice and then roll over and go to sleep. You should try it some time.

I hope to onyl have vaginal interocoure or any other type of sexual thing when I am a married man. I do not wish to smoke cigarettes or consume alcohol.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
The term is "reproductive biology"!

If there's an object in the anus, the anal sphincter contracts around the object. Like your first can close, but if an object is in your first, your fist just squeezes against the object. In the event that an object that isn't attached to someone else is inserted into the anus and doesn't have a flaired-base, it's possible that the anal constriction can squeeze the object further up the rectum (in a fashion similar to reverse peristalsis) and get it stuck there. Resulting in a nasty trip to A&E, and a radiograph the local staff will laugh about for years to come. :tongue: This is more of a mechanics issue than a biology one. :wink:

Thank you, I've wanted to know what happens.
Because all that **** sounds boring as ****, that's why.
I'm sure there are people who are interested in fertility.

I don't know why people are not interested in sexual biology It's important to know some of this stuff. E.g, signs of pregnancy.

Honestly i get what you mean,and its good to know. I'm quite interested in it myself, but I'm just stating that the majority of people nowadays are not really into that, its more of the fact that they talk about their own experiences or what they expect what sex is like, how it is etc.etc.
Original post by Dark Elixir
Because all that **** sounds boring as ****, that's why.

I feel the same thing about nonbiological sexual discussions.

I can't se eow learning about your body is broing.
People talk about Sex to their friends?-I don't talk about Sex to my friends(the closest came I think when a friend mentioned about what if someone said they would have sex with someone if they got a certain grade in an exam).I definitely wouldn't talk about the stuff you listed on the first list with friends its private stuff a lot of that you don't discuss with anybody(you may give a small response if it comes up often trying as hard as you can to cover up the topic but still give an honest answer).
Original post by Dalek1099
People talk about Sex to their friends?-I don't talk about Sex to my friends(the closest came I think when a friend mentioned about what if someone said they would have sex with someone if they got a certain grade in an exam).I definitely wouldn't talk about the stuff you listed on the first list with friends its private stuff a lot of that you don't discuss with anybody(you may give a small response if it comes up often trying as hard as you can to cover up the topic but still give an honest answer).

I thought that's what people chat about with their friends.
I thought that's what people chat about with their friends.

i barely discuss any of the topics with friends, keep my sex life to myself really

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending