The Student Room Group

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao 2/5

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fizzel
If you can get a few mates together £20 isn't a big deal so you can sit down and hassle free HD it on a big screen, but if you're just gonna watch it on your own its a bit steep.

Good point.

What time is the punch off for this? About 5am?
Original post by Wilfred Little
Good point.

What time is the punch off for this? About 5am?
The Mail reckoned they wouldn't be in the ring much before 4am, so its going to be late either way.
Anyone know if cinemas will be likely to screen it?
Reply 63
Manny's hasn't been knocking people out recently. He can hit quickly and with power but Mayweather's defensive skill is in a league of its own. I can see Manny going at Floyd too much and getting caught with a big shot on the counter. I think if the fight goes to the seventh or eighth round then Mayweather will win by UD.

All of those people who think Floyd is going to get knocked out are crazy. Not only has he never lost, he's never even been knocked down and even when he's been rocked (sugar shane fight) he's recovered incredibly well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wade-
Manny's hasn't been knocking people out recently. He can hit quickly and with power but Mayweather's defensive skill is in a league of its own. I can see Manny going at Floyd too much and getting caught with a big shot on the counter. I think if the fight goes to the seventh or eighth round then Mayweather will win by UD.

All of those people who think Floyd is going to get knocked out are crazy. Not only has he never lost, he's never even been knocked down and even when he's been rocked (sugar shane fight) he's recovered incredibly well

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with you. Some understandably believe that Manny will be different as he is going to apply more pressure but Mayweather has proven that he can cope with pressure in the past. De La Loya, Shane Mosely, and Madaina all gave him tough fights . Maidana was the aggressor in pretty much every round, with Floyd constantly up against the ropes. So if the plan is to be more aggressive then it's not going to be anything new to Floyd.

The most troubling thing for Floyd will probably be Manny's combinations, backed by his power. Floyd will have to be on his guard from the very beginning because if Manny gets a few hard shots in it might ruin Mayweathers game plan.
Reply 65
Original post by eagleclawsan
I agree with you. Some understandably believe that Manny will be different as he is going to apply more pressure but Mayweather has proven that he can cope with pressure in the past. De La Loya, Shane Mosely, and Madaina all gave him tough fights . Maidana was the aggressor in pretty much every round, with Floyd constantly up against the ropes. So if the plan is to be more aggressive then it's not going to be anything new to Floyd.

The most troubling thing for Floyd will probably be Manny's combinations, backed by his power. Floyd will have to be on his guard from the very beginning because if Manny gets a few hard shots in it might ruin Mayweathers game plan.

Well one or two punches can change a fight completely, you can go from certain loss to knockout with one shot but I think Mayweather has recovered well when he's been rocked a few times and unless manny just catches him with a huge shot he'll win

Posted from TSR Mobile
I will happily pay to watch this fight, and not, rush to catch a strong stream. I think it will be a late one, might take the Monday off to recover!

Glad Sky got the fight but would have lols to see them promote the fight with that not much enthusiasm unlike now when it will be wall to wall coverage!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Add to that no news on the very limited ticket sales for the public (1,000) and it's looking really messy atm in that regard.
Original post by Kenan and Kel

Imagine if this was all one massive april fools lol daayuuumm
Ringside host a "Celebrity" special that includes Will Mellor and I saw a prediction on the fight by, wait for it, Harry Redknapp!

Sky really scraping the barrel..
Are there any legal ways to watch this online?
Floyd will win. He'll work the ropes all night, shoulder roll constantly and catch him with combinations on the exit. Manny will get his chance to flurry at Mayweather but he'll again be too evasive and just end up winning on points.
Original post by Europhile
Floyd will win. He'll work the ropes all night, shoulder roll constantly and catch him with combinations on the exit. Manny will get his chance to flurry at Mayweather but he'll again be too evasive and just end up winning on points.

Mayweather will just do single shots he will never Exchange with it Manny, if he does he can expect his ass on the ground. Mayweathers single shots have crazy accuracy which will catch Manny but I think Manny can win, only by knockout though. Mayweather is the points king

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by watch your mouth
Mayweather will just do single shots he will never Exchange with it Manny, if he does he can expect his ass on the ground. Mayweathers single shots have crazy accuracy which will catch Manny but I think Manny can win, only by knockout though. Mayweather is the points king

Mayweather will just work the ropes, slip out with the shoulder roll and then on the exit catch Manny with either a single precision shot or a two punch combination. The key thing is though that he'll land. The only way Manny wins this is if he trains himself to be fit enough to go all out for 12 rounds and the judges favour the aggressor. Manny and his team want a Southern American on that judge panel as they love the aggressors. I still cant see it happening though. It has a Floyd win all over it.
Reply 75
Tickets going for £94k apparently. Christ.
Original post by Mackay
Tickets going for £94k apparently. Christ.

I bet any man with a ticket though is running around like Charlie from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

'I'VE GOT A GOLDEN TICKET.....'
Brace yourselves, the casuals are coming...

So glad there is a bank holiday on the Monday after.
Reply 79
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Brace yourselves, the casuals are coming...

Well I wouldn't rule it out, he's giving up a lot of weight but he is about 35 years younger

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest