The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amberuniverse
For the 12 mark question in May 2014 "Outline and evaluate one or more research studies which have investigated the accuracy of eyewitness testimony" would outlining and evaluating Loftus and Palmer (1974) study alone be enough? Or would I have to include information on age or anxiety as well?

That will be enough: 6 marks for outlining the procedure of both of Loftus and Palmer's studies and then 6 marks evaluating it, where you can use other research on misleading information and also strengths and weaknesses of the study such as reliability and validity.

This is a good question because you can talk about age, anxiety and misleading information if you wanted to. However, I think this was asked last year or the year before that so it's unlikely to come up again. Maybe as a 4/5 marker perhaps.
3 weeks to go no where near ready! So much information to learn and I'm really not sure I've given myself enough time...
dont worry im the exact same cant believe how quickly it's going :frown:
What Predictions are there for the 12 markers on both unit 1 and unit 2
In our school we started with unit 2 and then went onto unit 1 so finishing unit 1 now and I totally can't remember unit 2! Panicking now because I didn't realise how much there was to learn and don't think I'll know it all in time :/
Original post by wabbit998
What Predictions are there for the 12 markers on both unit 1 and unit 2

They are on this site: http://www.loopa.co.uk/blog/
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 127
If we get a 12 marker on privation or institutionalisation, can we use Rutter AND Hodges & Tizard as AO1 for both? Like would they both apply to JUST privation or JUST institutionalisation???
abnormality 12 marker is a BIG NO from me tbh...
Does anyone think the cognitive interview technique has enough material that could make it come up as a 12 marker?
Original post by dw1996
If we get a 12 marker on privation or institutionalisation, can we use Rutter AND Hodges & Tizard as AO1 for both? Like would they both apply to JUST privation or JUST institutionalisation???

If you get one on privation, then you can use Hodges and Tizard, Genie, The twins, Rutter etc.

However if you get one on just institutionalisation you cannot use Genie or the twins. You can only use Hodges and Tizard and Rutter (and any other studies which are based on institutional care).
Reply 131
Original post by Isabella~
What resources is everyone using? Will the textbook on it's own be fine?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have been using a mixture of class notes and the complete companion text book to make sure i cover everything , i'm sure a text book will be a good enough resource though , how is everyone revising ?
Do you need to know about Lorenz and Harlow's monkeys? It's in my textbook but we haven't been over them in lesson
Original post by amberuniverse
Do you need to know about Lorenz and Harlow's monkeys? It's in my textbook but we haven't been over them in lesson

Yes, you do need to know about them.
Reply 134
Original post by geeee11
If you get one on privation, then you can use Hodges and Tizard, Genie, The twins, Rutter etc.

However if you get one on just institutionalisation you cannot use Genie or the twins. You can only use Hodges and Tizard and Rutter (and any other studies which are based on institutional care).

Okay thank you :smile:
I hope the 12 mark question is included in the Cognitive section
Hi guys,
I've just been revising attachment and just went over Schaffer and Emerson's study and was just wondering if the exam is ever likely to ask about that study in detail, or if you just need to know it as supporting or conflicting evidence do other studies? Thanks :smile:
Original post by 2cool4scool
Hi guys,
I've just been revising attachment and just went over Schaffer and Emerson's study and was just wondering if the exam is ever likely to ask about that study in detail, or if you just need to know it as supporting or conflicting evidence do other studies? Thanks :smile:

I don't think so, we just use to support Bowlby's theory of attachment and refute learning theory.
Reply 138
Do we need to know about social impact theory and conversion theory in the Folens Textbook in social influence??
Original post by geeee11
Does anyone think the cognitive interview technique has enough material that could make it come up as a 12 marker?

I don't think so. I can't work out how you would get 6 marks for AO1 and there are only a few generic evaluation points for it so I think it would only be a short question if they ask about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending