The Student Room Group

Stupid RS gcse

Okay so I'm doing an rs full course gcse which was meant to be a short course yet teachers changed it because most people in our year weren't achieving. But what they've done is so stupid its unreal. We have one lesson a week to learn all of Unit 8 (edexcel) rs. Most of our lessons have been cut due to half days/teacher training days so in actual fact, we've had even less. How am I supposed to revise two sections of rs when I haven't been taught Unit 8 in full detail? (Bearing in mind my exam is on the 11th may)
Try to see if you could borrow a textbook from school?

And when did you start RS GCSE? I have one lesson a week but we started in Year 9 which is why we've managed to finish the course.
read the textbook.. my teachers have been pretty useless in teaching me RS this year so I self taught it by summarising each section of all the units...good luck!
this was a couple of years ago but managed to get an A in re short course by learning from the textbook as found the lessons awful, as others have said get a textbook and teach yourself and i m sure you ll be fine:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Samistrawberry
Try to see if you could borrow a textbook from school?

And when did you start RS GCSE? I have one lesson a week but we started in Year 9 which is why we've managed to finish the course.

The thing is in yr 9 &10 we only did unit 1 and at the end of yr 10 we were told that we're doing full course. we started full course in yr 11
Reply 5
Original post by ibrahim24
read the textbook.. my teachers have been pretty useless in teaching me RS this year so I self taught it by summarising each section of all the units...good luck!

aha
okay ill be sure to give it a go
Reply 6
Original post by claireestelle
this was a couple of years ago but managed to get an A in re short course by learning from the textbook as found the lessons awful, as others have said get a textbook and teach yourself and i m sure you ll be fine:smile:

okay
thanks
Original post by ThatGurl
The thing is in yr 9 &10 we only did unit 1 and at the end of yr 10 we were told that we're doing full course. we started full course in yr 11

Wow.. A whole year on 1 Unit! Well you must know those units well. So do you have the entire Religion & Society to learn then?
Reply 8
Wow.. A whole year on 1 Unit! Well you must know those units well. So do you have the entire Religion & Society to learn then?

not the entire unit but most of it. my teachers don't really teach in a way where our class actually has a chance of passing heir gcses hence my post :smile:
not the entire unit but most of it. my teachers don't really teach in a way where our class actually has a chance of passing heir gcses hence my post :smile:

What units do you have left?
Reply 10
What units do you have left?

Well out of unit 8 we still have the last one to go
Well out of unit 8 we still have the last one to go

Ahh peace and conflict.. I quite liked that unit. Maybe try looking for online vids on it?
Reply 12
Ahh peace and conflict.. I quite liked that unit. Maybe try looking for online vids on it?

okay thanks. Did you find the revision guide helpful?
Unlike, maths, science, history and languages, RS should not be that hard because(I think) you still get marks for stating your own opinion.

This subject in general does not require much thinking.

All in all, past papers are key.
okay thanks. Did you find the revision guide helpful?

Revision guide :confused:

I don't have one.. I didn't buy one.
Reply 15
Revision guide :confused:

I don't have one.. I didn't buy one.

Oh
okay- we got told we could buy one from school so i was just wondering
Oh
okay- we got told we could buy one from school so i was just wondering

In that case you should!

I've seen my friends one and it looks very helpful.
Reply 17
In that case you should!

I've seen my friends one and it looks very helpful.

okay great, thanks for everything :smile:
Reply 18
Yes, it is extremely opinionated but going through past papers and mark schemes its come to my attention that a lot of points I put down wouldn't be marked as 'correct' as you have to have an opinion that works with the mark scheme.

Quick Reply

Latest