The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I am not bothered about tomorrow the big game is May 30th
Original post by leinad2012
So you think the game tomorrow will be a formality?

For Chelsea, yeah, it is.
Original post by jam277
Well it's going to be a bore 0-0/1-1 draw or a 3-1 win from us via a set piece/pen.

So yes it's a formality. We played in 2nd gear the entire time against Manchester United and beat them, we're due a good performance so tomorrow will be the time for that.

if you say so :rolleyes:
We'll probably lose tbh.

Don't wanna see any bum licking of Cesc, especially not from that sideman Wilshere.
Original post by angelfox
We'll probably lose tbh.

Don't wanna see any bum licking of Cesc, especially not from that sideman Wilshere.

sideman wilshere. Lost it :rofl2: :rofl2:
Original post by shawn_o1
Wenger would get arsenal finishing top 4 even if his future first-team consisted of Hayden, Akpom and Zelalem

I don't know where this attitude comes from given Wenger's pretty much consistently had a top 4 squad.
Today is either going to end really well, or really poorly.
What if, on kick-off, Chelsea immediately pass the ball to Hazard who nutmegs Debuchy, makes that run down the left and scores after nine seconds? the wumming will be epic

[Either way, I don't condone The attention seeking antics of some on this thread]
I think next season Hazard will be sussed out and the title race will get interesting
(edited 8 years ago)
What if, on kick-off, Chelsea immediately pass the ball to Hazard who nutmegs Debuchy, makes that run down the left and scores after nine seconds? the wumming will be epic

[Either way, I don't condone The attention seeking antics of some on this thread]
I think next season Hazard will be sussed out and the title race will get interesting

Unlikely Mourinho would commit that many men(i.e. one) forward in open play. Hazard would be hauled off for Rameires at LW in punishment probably

How will Hazard be sussed out?

Likelyhood is that we'll buy a winger and Fabregas will go on his HAM spree for half a season.

Original post by Zürich
Unlikely Mourinho would commit that many men(i.e. one) forward in open play. Hazard would be hauled off for Rameires at LW in punishment probably

That is the whole point of a Mourinho team. Just one person moves forward maybe 2 and the rest just defend.
(edited 8 years ago)
Today is a very big day.

Fo those people saying that you win the league by beating the smaller teams, just take a look at this season.

For the first time in a long time we have beaten 2 of the top four teams in the league (City and United), and for the first time in a long time we are sitting in second, approaching the end of the season.

You win the league by beating/not losing to your rivals. It's about time we realised that.
Original post by T.Adams VI
Today is a very big day.

Fo those people saying that you win the league by beating the smaller teams, just take a look at this season.

For the first time in a long time we have beaten 2 of the top four teams in the league (City and United), and for the first time in a long time we are sitting in second, approaching the end of the season.

You win the league by beating/not losing to your rivals. It's about time we realised that.

Sorry to break it to you, but you've only beat City in the league, not United. You beat us in the F.A. Cup. Don't know how that'll win you the league.
Today is a very big day.

At the moment we're still bottom of the top 4 mini table and didn't beat united in the league, althout we have played the least number of games. We have to win today otherwise it'll be another season where we haven't beaten the current top 4 side at home (not countig Liverpool last year).

We'd have to beat both united away and Chelsea to finish top of the mini league (doubt either will happen) and even if we did we still won't win the league. Where we've lost it is against the 6-10th placed teams; lost to Tottenham, Swansea (still to play them again), Southampton and Stoke, the only 6-10 team we've taken all 6 points off is West Ham.
excited for this afternoon :biggrin:

Nice for the game to not feel very pressured - on either side really. both teams know where they will end up (champions vs top4)

Just think about how much worse this could have been had wenger not turned things around since christmas.. if we were in a top4 battle right now, going into face chelsea and united away.. jeeze, I would not be confidident
Anyway question must be asked.

Does Wenger deserve another season?
Original post by fallen_acorns
excited for this afternoon :biggrin:

Nice for the game to not feel very pressured - on either side really. both teams know where they will end up (champions vs top4)

Just think about how much worse this could have been had wenger not turned things around since christmas.. if we were in a top4 battle right now, going into face chelsea and united away.. jeeze, I would not be confidident

Wenger would smell blood and probably beat both. Less chance of that happening now if anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam277

for me that depends on how you answer the question:

'Will wenger win anything more then the FA cup in the next 2 years.'

Honestly, for me, I dont think so.

We have not been close to a CL, and I dont think we have the mental strength yet for a league victory..

Chances are we wont keep winning the cup year on year, and for such a great manager I want him to go out on a high.

Winning back to back cups = leave as a legend.

I would hate him to not win anything for the next 2 seasons, and then leave without a a trophy in is hand
Today is a very big day.

Not sure what you're referring to here, the West Ham United game on Boxing Day?

Beating the dross is more important. United have done well against the top teams but the reason why we're currently in 3rd/4th is because we've dropped so many points away from home against crap teams. We've played 7 teams in the bottom half away from home and dropped points to 5 of them which is an absolutely shocking statistic.
Original post by jam277

Why must the question be asked?

The question must be asked, does lvg deserve another season? How about pellegrini? Rogers? Potchetino? Koeman? How about Martinez? Oh and don't forget about big Sam? What about Pulis? Oh and Carver must go surely?

Why must the manager who has managed the 2nd best team in England have his future doubted? Pathetic **** stirring tbh
Original post by leinad2012
Why must the question be asked?

The question must be asked, does lvg deserve another season? How about pellegrini? Rogers? Potchetino? Koeman? How about Martinez? Oh and don't forget about big Sam? What about Pulis? Oh and Carver must go surely?

Why must the manager who has managed the 2nd best team in England have his future doubted? Pathetic **** stirring tbh

It's a legitimate question tbf, Although I want him to remain until the end of his contract but we could potentially finish fourth with no FA Cup. The question as ever has to be asked but I feel we owe him alot more loyalty and time to build

Latest