PGCE - Current Students Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adastraz
Good luck! He's probably just as nervous as you :biggrin:

Original post by Esmeralda4
How exciting! Have fun. :-)

Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Ooooh! I'm vicariously excited!

Sorry to disappoint you all (and myself) but it didn't go that well. We didn't seem to have much in common and I found it really awkward - he didn't say much and I felt like I had to keep making the conversation and asking questions. He didn't ask me anything about myself. He looked uncomfortable too :dontknow: . I don't know if he was just really nervous or bad at dates because he always came across as interested at school and over text.

But...I am fine with it. It is quite clear from talking to him more that he is not my type. As nice as it is to flirt with him at school, when we were sat forced to have a convo it was dire :lol: .
Original post by Airfairy
Sorry to disappoint you all (and myself) but it didn't go that well. We didn't seem to have much in common and I found it really awkward - he didn't say much and I felt like I had to keep making the conversation and asking questions. He didn't ask me anything about myself. He looked uncomfortable too :dontknow: . I don't know if he was just really nervous or bad at dates because he always came across as interested at school and over text.

But...I am fine with it. It is quite clear from talking to him more that he is not my type. As nice as it is to flirt with him at school, when we were sat forced to have a convo it was dire :lol: .

:frown: Ohh...

Oh no. :-(
What did you guys take with you to your interviews? Worried that I'm forgetting something obvious.

At least you gave it a go!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wish I'd never gone down the dating at school route as he messaged me today asking if I want to go out again tonight and I'm really not interested but I can't ignore him cos I have to see him at work all the time. Even more looking forward to the end now haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wish I'd never gone down the dating at school route as he messaged me today asking if I want to go out again tonight and I'm really not interested but I can't ignore him cos I have to see him at work all the time. Even more looking forward to the end now haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you going? :-P

Original post by ParadoxSocks
What did you guys take with you to your interviews? Worried that I'm forgetting something obvious.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I took my plan and resources (obviously), a bottle of water and a small folder with some evidence in. This wasn't a requirement and I didn't always refer to it but it certainly made me feel better knowing it was there in case! It mainly had resources and planning examples in from my practice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
just make excuses, say you have Uni work to do etc, hopefully he will stop asking. I wish there were cute guys at my school. There's only 2 male teachers (head and assistant head) and I'm pretty sure they're married.
Original post by ParadoxSocks

At least you gave it a go!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I took the things I needed for my lesson, the normal things I have when I teach (whiteboard pens, teachers planner, red biro) and then my university folder that contains all of my observations. I didn't need the folder, but felt that if I'd had to justify something in my interview it would have been easier if I had the evidence with me.
How much notice do you normally get for an interview? A job I applied for closed yesterday and they are interviewing on Wednesday. Assuming they send out interview invitations on Monday, it doesn't seem like much time.
Original post by Esmeralda4
Are you going? :-P

No, I am genuinely busy this evening. :P
Original post by Veggiechic6
just make excuses, say you have Uni work to do etc, hopefully he will stop asking. I wish there were cute guys at my school. There's only 2 male teachers (head and assistant head) and I'm pretty sure they're married.

Yeah I think that's the way to go! Both of my placements have had some hot guys! I'm assuming your primary? There's a lot more men in secondary :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So, this is a wierd ass weekend. Ive got my uni tutor in on Monday to do my final university obs and go over of my paperwork, and as of today i suspect I might be pregnant....emotions are rather flying from mild panic to OMFG
Original post by Ratchit99
So, this is a wierd ass weekend. Ive got my uni tutor in on Monday to do my final university obs and go over of my paperwork, and as of today i suspect I might be pregnant....emotions are rather flying from mild panic to OMFG

Oh my gosh, have you taken a test? :eek:
Oh my gosh, have you taken a test? :eek:

I took one this morning and it was faintly positive but i took a digital one this afternoon and it was negative so im not sure :/. Going to test tomorrow and see!
I took one this morning and it was faintly positive but i took a digital one this afternoon and it was negative so im not sure :/. Going to test tomorrow and see!

I don't know how true it is, but I've heard that the digital ones aren't as sensitive, so some of the normal type tests show a positive before the digital ones. I hope you get whichever result you are hoping for! :smile:
I don't know how true it is, but I've heard that the digital ones aren't as sensitive, so some of the normal type tests show a positive before the digital ones. I hope you get whichever result you are hoping for! :smile:

Thanks hun, i did wonder that. I dont mind if I am, slightly ahead of schedule for my husband and I but not the biggest tragedy ever :wink:
Thanks hun, i did wonder that. I dont mind if I am, slightly ahead of schedule for my husband and I but not the biggest tragedy ever :wink:

It's very unlikely to get a false positive on a pregnancy test - especially if you're using the early response ones...

This is exciting!

How exciting! Fingers crossed for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just tested this morning and got another posiive! Guess i need to book with my docs, and pray to god that if i get morning sickness its mild enough to get me through the last 4 weeks of placement.
do you think I should tell school and uni if i get really sick with it?
Original post by Sam89
Mentors feedback

Good points - greeted students at door.

Bad points - uniform needs checking, differentiation, why weren't 9 students needing help catered to, how was assessment done, not enough pace, not enough progress.

Not good enough? Ever good enough, no.

Counting down these days - cannot wait to be out of here.

Im in the same boat. I was placed on CfC the other day but luckily my new mentor is brilliant and we are choosing one thing each week to focus on. That might be a good idea for you too?

Original post by Red Lightning
Since you guys have been like my online family for this past year, I wanted to let you all know that I GOT A NQT JOB!!! I can't believe it, the competition was ruthless and to honest I did not think I would get it, but I did. It's an outstanding school too.

Thank you guys!

That is fantastic, congrats!
Just tested this morning and got another posiive! Guess i need to book with my docs, and pray to god that if i get morning sickness its mild enough to get me through the last 4 weeks of placement.
do you think I should tell school and uni if i get really sick with it?

Congrats! I would only tell school and uni of it gets difficult at school, you only have a little while left.
Original post by alabelle
Congrats! I would only tell school and uni of it gets difficult at school, you only have a little while left.

Thats what i was thinking. If i really start to struggle I will say something, otherwise Ill try and crack on with things without them knowing :smile: also thank you, think my husband is more excited than me atm!!

Quick Reply

Latest