The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hope we smash this mob today. Realistically though I can see it being a boring 0-0.
Original post by sevchenko
It's a legitimate question tbf, Although I want him to remain until the end of his contract but we could potentially finish fourth with no FA Cup. The question as ever has to be asked but I feel we owe him alot more loyalty and time to build

But why is it that his job is being questioned when lvg's isn't?

We could also finish 2nd and retain the fa cup? Asking the question with 7 games to go is just stupid tbh, especially on the back of what 11 successive wins in all comps?
Original post by leinad2012
But why is it that his job is being questioned when lvg's isn't?

We could also finish 2nd and retain the fa cup? Asking the question with 7 games to go is just stupid tbh, especially on the back of what 11 successive wins in all comps?

Isn't there a whole thread dedicated to when LVG will be sacked?

It's an on topic question so I wouldn't call it stupid. Arsenal always seem to go on these last minute winning streaks towards the end of the season, We've done it for the last 3 seasons now. We can't keep on being strong for 19 games our early form has cost us the title.

Although I'm pro Wenger. The questions has to be asked
(edited 8 years ago)
Isn't there a whole thread dedicated to when LVG will be sacked?

It's an on topic question so I wouldn't call it stupid. Arsenal always seem to go on these last minute winning streaks towards the end of the season, We've done it for the last 3 seasons now. We can't keep on being strong for 19 games our early form has cost us the title.

Yes, which was set up when United were playing **** football and dropping points in easy matches, not after they'd won a fair few games on the trot and nearly secured top 4 once their key players came back from injury. Why is the question being posed when we're in 2nd place, have won 27 points out of our last 30 including wins against Liverpool and City away, reached the final of the FA Cup and won 9 games on the trot (11 domestic wins in a row too).

The sole purpose of asking it now is to try to divide our fan base before a big match...
Because for the 3rd season in the last 4 years, Arsenal have only started playing when their top four place is at risk. What is happening now is nothing new, in fact it must be so dull being an Arsenal fan because your season always goes one of two ways:

- Start the season well, get a few injuries, lose in CL round of 16, lose all your fixtures in March, finish 3rd/4th
- Start the season badly, get a few injuries, lose in CL round of 16, win all your fixtures in March, finish 3rd/4th

Calls for his head are stupid (especially in a year when Liverpool and City will both be looking for new managers) but you're not going to win the league or go further in the CL under his tenure. Plans need to be put in place for his successor to avoid a Moyes situation.
Yes, which was set up when United were playing **** football and dropping points in easy matches, not after they'd won a fair few games on the trot and nearly secured top 4 once their key players came back from injury. Why is the question being posed when we're in 2nd place, have won 27 points out of our last 30 including wins against Liverpool and City away, reached the final of the FA Cup and won 9 games on the trot (11 domestic wins in a row too).

The sole purpose of asking it now is to try to divide our fan base before a big match...

Trust me I get what you mean.

We can't really let this good form to blind us on Wenger, like I said before it's a familiar trend even if I don't agree it's not an absurd question. Yes the timing is weird it's always best to wait to all thing are said and done.

Yeah maybe I can see that. If we lose today it won't affect my views on Wenger some might go fickle and scream Wenger out
Original post by jam277
Anyway question must be asked.

Does Wenger deserve another season?

Yeah. But I was of that opinion during our terrible start to the season too.
Trust me I get what you mean.

We can't really let this good form to blind us on Wenger, like I said before it's a familiar trend even if I don't agree it's not an absurd question. Yes the timing is weird it's always best to wait to all thing are said and done.

Yeah maybe I can see that. If we lose today it won't affect my views on Wenger some might go fickle and scream Wenger out

He deserves the last two seasons, it's sort of like the UK leaving the EU, why would you do it now when the country is starting to recover, it just adds unnecessary uncertainty that will only harm the UK? The same applies here, why would we get rid of Wenger when the team is finally showing signs of steady progress, all it would do is create uncertainty in the dressing room and the fans would turn against the new manager when things started to go wrong? It just doesn't make sense to me
Would love seeing Henry manage us one day
Original post by sr90
Because for the 3rd season in the last 4 years, Arsenal have only started playing when their top four place is at risk. What is happening now is nothing new, in fact it must be so dull being an Arsenal fan because your season always goes one of two ways:

- Start the season well, get a few injuries, lose in CL round of 16, lose all your fixtures in March, finish 3rd/4th
- Start the season badly, get a few injuries, lose in CL round of 16, win all your fixtures in March, finish 3rd/4th

Calls for his head are stupid (especially in a year when Liverpool and City will both be looking for new managers) but you're not going to win the league or go further in the CL under his tenure. Plans need to be put in place for his successor to avoid a Moyes situation.

Which is why the question now is foolish, when the time comes it won't be some ridiculous snap decision, Vengs will already be grooming his successor.

I can see us winning the pl before Wenger leaves, I think we'll have a chance next year and definitely the year after, we only need a few players and the team is starting to gel.
It's OK guys, we're the little horse, we're in transition period....
Original post by jam277
Anyway question must be asked.

Does Wenger deserve another season?

If we win the cup and finish second - yes.
He deserves the last two seasons, it's sort of like the UK leaving the EU, why would you do it now when the country is starting to recover, it just adds unnecessary uncertainty that will only harm the UK? The same applies here, why would we get rid of Wenger when the team is finally showing signs of steady progress, all it would do is create uncertainty in the dressing room and the fans would turn against the new manager when things started to go wrong? It just doesn't make sense to me

I totally agree. I said this ages ago: It's clear to see Wenger is building a strong and deep squad with a strong influx of experience between key players. I don't think anyone important is leaving the club. We have a more than good chance of wining the league next season under Wenger. It could be one of the best title races in years tbh

Mate don't get my going on British Politics. I just saw that circus on the Marr show, it was funny as hell tho
Arsenal fans are pretty fairweather. None of you werr saying this 6 months ago letalone 3 months ago when Monaco rekt you in your own backyard.
Original post by The Shed End
Arsenal fans are pretty fairweather. None of you werr saying this 6 months ago letalone 3 months ago when Monaco rekt you in your own backyard.

Why are you on an arsenal thread?
Can't get enough of your own team?
There are two types of fans. There are those who support their team through both good and bad times. Then there are those who claim to support a team on the way to winning a league title but are in fact, just attention seekers going on their competitors' domains to troll. United had tons of such fans when they won the title in 2013, where are they now when Moyes [had] dragged them into the pits?
(edited 8 years ago)
It's OK guys, we're the little horse, we're in transition period....

Well he was clearly right considering guy bought the players he needed and has ran away with the league this year, which you lot won't do if I'm honest.
Cahill in TOTY over Kosc?! Top banter...
Original post by IceJJFish(IIII)
Well he was clearly right considering guy bought the players he needed and has ran away with the league this year, which you lot won't do if I'm honest.

Chelsea weren't the "little horse", they haven't been the little horse since 2003...
Original post by The Shed End

Just wait a couple of hours until Chelsea win and all the ''Wenger Out'' cries return.

Latest