The Student Room Group

Can't choose between UEA and Oxford Brookes!? HELP PLEASE!

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Brookes - Oxford is a great city - loads of students

Norwich (if based there) is dull.
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
Brookes - Oxford is a great city - loads of students

Norwich (if based there) is dull.

Yeah Oxford is a beautiful city!! It's just that the University is ranked lower than UEA :erm:
Original post by zainy_r
Yeah Oxford is a beautiful city!! It's just that the University is ranked lower than UEA :erm:

Ranking isn't everything - many of the tables tell different things. Which subject are you planning to study?
Reply 4
Ranking isn't everything - many of the tables tell different things. Which subject are you planning to study?

Yeah, you're right. I'm planning on studying psychology, but I'm an international student so I want to make sure I'm in a place where I feel comfortable. Norwich is a bit far from London which is kinda putting me off going there.
Original post by zainy_r
Yeah, you're right. I'm planning on studying psychology, but I'm an international student so I want to make sure I'm in a place where I feel comfortable. Norwich is a bit far from London which is kinda putting me off going there.

Yes, transport wise Brookes is better and, if you are in hall you get a free Oxford bus pass which is useful. The new building on the Headington campus is amazing -
Reply 6
Yes, transport wise Brookes is better and, if you are in hall you get a free Oxford bus pass which is useful. The new building on the Headington campus is amazing -

Yes exactly!

Thank you for replying, I really appreciate it :biggrin:
Original post by zainy_r
Yes exactly!

Thank you for replying, I really appreciate it :biggrin:

No problem - have you visited either of them?
Moved from University Life to Psychology.

-RF
Reply 9
obv UEA. If you are not from UK, you honestly wont mind which city you are in (unless in your country people look at such little things too) and UEA gives you far better start than Oxfrod Brookes, especially in psychology since so many people do this course
Reply 10
No problem - have you visited either of them?

Yes I have visited both of them. I liked them both, but preferred UEA's campus.
Reply 11
Original post by Nottie
obv UEA. If you are not from UK, you honestly wont mind which city you are in (unless in your country people look at such little things too) and UEA gives you far better start than Oxfrod Brookes, especially in psychology since so many people do this course

yeah, that's a good point..
Original post by zainy_r
yeah, that's a good point..

I don't agree - at Brookes you have access to the Bodleian library and some of the best facilities in the country.
Reply 13
I don't agree - at Brookes you have access to the Bodleian library and some of the best facilities in the country.

so? There's Internet for that.
future employers don't care if you had access to the best library in the country but about the degree you get. If she/he has a chance to study at UEA which is one of the top unis then I don't know why they should choose Brooke's.
Original post by Nottie
so? There's Internet for that.
future employers don't care if you had access to the best library in the country but about the degree you get. If she/he has a chance to study at UEA which is one of the top unis then I don't know why they should choose Brooke's.

UEA is not a top uni by any stretch of the imagination - it's as good as your poor use of apostrophes ...
Reply 15
UEA is not a top uni by any stretch of the imagination - it's as good as your poor use of apostrophes ...

ehh don't bring it to the personal level. UEA is way higher in the ranking than Brookes. Ranking isn't everything, I agree, but when you compare place 50 with place 150 then it does matter.
Original post by Nottie
ehh don't bring it to the personal level. UEA is way higher in the ranking than Brookes. Ranking isn't everything, I agree, but when you compare place 50 with place 150 then it does matter.

Which rankings? They ALL vary ... you cannot get the materials in the Bodleian on the internet.

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=psychology

UEA is 10 places above here - hardly worth worrying about when you can live in the best student city in the country.

Quick Reply

Latest