The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Nursing Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Charliea18
What accommodation have people applied or thinking of applying for? I was thinking of Stamford street apartments and Wolfson house. Anyone else thinking Wolfson house?

Hey, I'm doing mental health nursing in September and have made wolfson house my first choice. It is better value for money and even though it is a bus journey/ tube ride away from Waterloo campus, which is where most of my lectures will be, it's £40 less than Stanford street :smile: I've also heard it's more sociable and bigger rooms :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by yasmew
I know there's another one planned for May
I did my numeracy/literacy assessment last week, and they mentioned that the MMI would be some time mid May for the people who passed !

Ah ok that's good to know! Someone told me yesterday that it was the last one.
Reply 422
Original post by helnrachel
Hello,

I have received a conditional offer for PGdip adult nursing, i've completed the APEL form and I am waiting to hear back. I will be living on the outskirts of north west London (due to money constraints) and will be commuting in. I am concerned about wether I will actually be able to make it into London on time for early shift placements, especially if they are in south/east London. I know this is all along way off but does anyone know if you can request to have your placements within a reasonable commuting distance from your accommodation to avoid logistical travel/time problems?

Also, does anyone of any additional funding that might be able to help with more central accommodation?

Thanks, Helen

I attended this little talk after my numeracy/literacy test and they basically spoke about the course a bit.
They mentioned that the placements will be according to peoples addresses they have, so where ever you live, I'm sure they will try to place you as close as they can so where you live. They have certain hospitals they are associated with, so maybe you'll be placed somewhere in chelsea and west minister since its in west london, or maybe ucl ??
Hi! Would anyone be able to help me?

I am applying for student finance and they ask me what my term time address will be...my top choice is champion hill so should I put down that postcode?
Still eagerly awaiting my decision from my MMI on the 22nd April. I am really really hoping they get back to me in the next couple of days with good news! Worried because some people have been offered a place straight away - eeeek!!!
Reply 425
I feel so nervous, mine in tomorrow. how long do you think it takes?
Original post by rxy
I feel so nervous, mine in tomorrow. how long do you think it takes?

Your MMI?
Reply 427
Original post by kiranshukla
Your MMI?

hi

I'm having both my tests and mmi, due to travelling from a distance.
Original post by rxy
hi

I'm having both my tests and mmi, due to travelling from a distance.

Yeah I had to do that as well. My MMI and tests from when I arrived (15:10) to when I left (approx 18:00-18:30).
Reply 429
Yeah I had to do that as well. My MMI and tests from when I arrived (15:10) to when I left (approx 18:00-18:30).

when do you know the outcome of the result?

my time is at 14:30 and they stated that it will take 2-3 hours.

I feel nervous now, because I will be travelling on my own.

which branch will you be studying?
I found out a couple days later. Don't worry about travelling alone, most people that were there were travelling alone for far away places, even people came from abroad. If you're worried about where to go, just ask someone approachable and they'll help. I've been made a conditional offer for Adult Nursing, yourself?
Reply 431
I found out a couple days later. Don't worry about travelling alone, most people that were there were travelling alone for far away places, even people came from abroad. If you're worried about where to go, just ask someone approachable and they'll help. I've been made a conditional offer for Adult Nursing, yourself?

Thank you, that's quite assuring.

I want to study Mental Health Nursing.

Are there loads of people present ? Sad thing is, I get a little intimidated by so many people, I hope I could control my nerves.
Original post by rxy
Thank you, that's quite assuring.

I want to study Mental Health Nursing.

Are there loads of people present ? Sad thing is, I get a little intimidated by so many people, I hope I could control my nerves.

Max 20 people, some people didn't turn up. It can be a bit nerving, it was for me because it was my first MMI and everyone else had done 2 or 3. But every MMI is different so we were all in the same boat. Don't worry! Just look presentable and professional and you'll be fine!
My MMI took 2.5 hours. Arrived at 11:00, left by 13:15/13:30ish x
Original post by yasmew
I attended this little talk after my numeracy/literacy test and they basically spoke about the course a bit.
They mentioned that the placements will be according to peoples addresses they have, so where ever you live, I'm sure they will try to place you as close as they can so where you live. They have certain hospitals they are associated with, so maybe you'll be placed somewhere in chelsea and west minister since its in west london, or maybe ucl ??

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Somewhere north west of the Thames would be preferable. I've emailed the appropriate department at King's with a similar inquiry, hopefully that will shed some light on things too.
Reply 435
Original post by LadyJazzles
My MMI took 2.5 hours. Arrived at 11:00, left by 13:15/13:30ish x

wow thats a long time D8
any advice?
Original post by yasmew
wow thats a long time D8
any advice?

Just relax and be yourself. They are judging you as a person rather than what you know :smile:
Hey I was just wondering if anyone knows the actual date in September that the course starts for bsc mental health nursing because I can't seem to find the exact start date anywhere, thanks
I'm hoping no news is good news, still haven't heard back from my MMI yet :biggrin:
Reply 439
Original post by LadyJazzles
I'm hoping no news is good news, still haven't heard back from my MMI yet :biggrin:

I've just had my test and mmi yesterday.

the literacy test time is ridiculously short, 20 minutes :frown: that's not great.
however to be honest I did enjoy myself,

Quick Reply

Latest