The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maradiah
I know it's Brunel.

L m a o

If you think you know, then why ask?
Also, if you're basing it on past comments/threads, then you're wrong. I'm not the only person who uses my account, so n i c e t r y.
Liverpool Hope, Leeds Trinity, Soton Solent, Trinity Saint David, Bucks New
Original post by soanonymous
*just praying my one doesn't turn up in one of these comments*

Brunel

jk
Original post by James E Walker
Brunel

jk

nice save
Just saw Solent mentioned... I still went even though it was near the bottom of the table. Why? Because it was one of the best for my particular course.
I did Journalism and at the time it was accredited by the main industry bodies and was also an NCTJ centre.
If the uni is good for your particular course (and accredited) then I wouldn't worry too much about the uni being 'the worst'.
Original post by GuestyGuest
Just saw Solent mentioned... I still went even though it was near the bottom of the table. Why? Because it was one of the best for my particular course.
I did Journalism and at the time it was accredited by the main industry bodies and was also an NCTJ centre.
If the uni is good for your particular course (and accredited) then I wouldn't worry too much about the uni being 'the worst'.

& currently what do you do as a career?
hows reading?
Original post by Dee .. ♥
Isn't Kingston really bad apparently? :curious:

Kingston is far from the best but it's hardly the worst either
Reply 28
Original post by TheWaffle
Oxfodd- U hv 2 wear a cape to exams. Excuse me but dat sounds lyke dey r over compensating 4 being rubbish.
Manchester- Brion Cock werks there- enough sed. Also all da noble laureates r chavs.
St Andrews- It is full of knobs from Downton Abbi.
LSE- dey only let future w*nkers sorry bankers in and u hv to own a swan to go der.
Cambidge- my nan got a place just by singing da theme tune from da price is right and buying dem sum jam tarts from Liddl.

:laugh:
Ah, I was wondering when this pretentious circlejerk was gonna come round again :h:

You'll find very few, if any, journalists with national newspapers/tv channels who studied journalism as an undergraduate degree. It's a silly route if you're serious about it as a career.
Original post by jenkinsear
You'll find very few, if any, journalists with national newspapers/tv channels who studied journalism as an undergraduate degree. It's a silly route if you're serious about it as a career.

second that
& currently what do you do as a career?

I'm a writer and editor.
I'm a writer and editor.

how much do you earn?
Original post by jenkinsear

It's not a silly route to go down if you want to be a journalist at all.
The course teaches necessary skills and along with the work experience you do alongside your course, you're in a good position when you graduate.
But anyway, the course was brilliant and the skills I learnt have put me in very good stead. I can't speak for everyone but the majority of my journalism class have gone on to work for major publications and a few have gone abroad. They wouldn't have landed these positions without their degree.
how much do you earn?

None of your business.
London met is a very good uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not a silly route to go down if you want to be a journalist at all.
The course teaches necessary skills and along with the work experience you do alongside your course, you're in a good position when you graduate.
But anyway, the course was brilliant and the skills I learnt have put me in very good stead. I can't speak for everyone but the majority of my journalism class have gone on to work for major publications and a few have gone abroad. They wouldn't have landed these positions without their degree.

You have basically sidestepped my comment entirely.

Please name me two journalists with national newspapers or television broadcasters who studied journalism at undergraduate level.
None of your business.

Well then, the university must've not served you justice.
Reply 39
Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, LSE and Bolton

Latest

Trending

Trending