The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

What would be the key points for Hitler rising to power?

Reply 381
Original post by Bunny2014
What would be the key points for Hitler rising to power?

Hitters political skill
Electoral success for the Nazis
Support from the elites, big business and army
Propaganda and party structure
The Great Depression
Failings of Weimar democracy and those in power 1919-32

Any more?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Hitters political skill
Electoral success for the Nazis
Support from the elites, big business and army
Propaganda and party structure
The Great Depression
Failings of Weimar democracy and those in power 1919-32

Any more?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much x
Reply 383
Original post by Bunny2014
Thank you very much x

That's okay! There are probably many more:

Catch all party of protest
Fear of communism and the KPD

Etc.

Reckon you can think of any more?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
That's okay! There are probably many more:

Catch all party of protest
Fear of communism and the KPD

Etc.

Reckon you can think of any more?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Key events, Reichstag Fire along with rising fear of communism. Maybe Elite support also?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 385
Original post by farawayfromnowhere
Key events, Reichstag Fire along with rising fear of communism. Maybe Elite support also?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm. It depends what you define hurlers "rise to power" to mean. As in, does it mean in him becoming chancellor?

If the question was about consolidation of power then I'd mention the reichstag fire, but not if it was just about becoming chancellor :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 386
Hi,

We have just finished the textbook at and are starting to look at key themes and develop them with the access to history book. I have written answers to the essay questions in the red book...... I was just wondering though if anyone has any exemplar essays from previous years. Our teacher has a student who got full marks on the paper but he was genius. It would be much appreciated if you could forward me some.

Thanks
Dan
Reply 387
Original post by dmcque
Hi,

We have just finished the textbook at and are starting to look at key themes and develop them with the access to history book. I have written answers to the essay questions in the red book...... I was just wondering though if anyone has any exemplar essays from previous years. Our teacher has a student who got full marks on the paper but he was genius. It would be much appreciated if you could forward me some.

Thanks
Dan

Do you have the "MyRevisionNotes" guide? I would recommend it highly. It has exemplar essays at the end of each chapter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 388
I will defiantly get one! Sounds good.... Are you planning to study history at university?

QUOTE=CD223;55276019]Do you have the "MyRevisionNotes" guide? I would recommend it highly. It has exemplar essays at the end of each chapter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 389
Original post by dmcque
I will defiantly get one! Sounds good.... Are you planning to study history at university?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Revision-Notes-Edexcel-History/dp/1444177672

It's the best revision guide out of all of my subjects :smile:

Unfortunately not - I plan on doing Computer Science, so a bit of a difference haha! Yourself? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 390
Thats great thank you so much..... I am hoping to study history at university if i can get through my philosophy exams!!! Im not scared about the others.

Original post by CD223
http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Revision-Notes-Edexcel-History/dp/1444177672

It's the best revision guide out of all of my subjects :smile:

Unfortunately not - I plan on doing Computer Science, so a bit of a difference haha! Yourself? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 391
Original post by dmcque
Thats great thank you so much..... I am hoping to study history at university if i can get through my philosophy exams!!! Im not scared about the others.

That's okay buddy :smile:

Good luck! Which uni and what are they asking for? I'm sure you'll be fine, you seem to have the work ethic!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 392
Edinburgh AAA

So there is no room for error..... Lucky me. What about you?

Original post by CD223
That's okay buddy :smile:

Good luck! Which uni and what are they asking for? I'm sure you'll be fine, you seem to have the work ethic!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 393
Original post by dmcque
Edinburgh AAA

So there is no room for error..... Lucky me. What about you?

Woo! Good luck that's impressive! What do you do: History, Philosophy and...? :smile:

AAA for Bath, eek!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 394
Drama. A real mix..... I enjoy them though.

Original post by CD223
Woo! Good luck that's impressive! What do you do: History, Philosophy and...? :smile:

AAA for Bath, eek!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 395
Original post by dmcque

Impressive! I can see the history and philosophy being of relevance though :wink:

That said, drama could have creative use?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 396
Does your college do aqa philosophy? If they do...... is there anyone you know that might have exemplar essays as Im struggling to find for the A2!

Well done on your offer from Bath my friend got an offer to study social work there.

Original post by dmcque
Reply 397
Original post by dmcque
Does your college do aqa philosophy? If they do...... is there anyone you know that might have exemplar essays as Im struggling to find for the A2!

Well done on your offer from Bath my friend got an offer to study social work there.

I think my college does OCR philosophy :/ sorry!

Thank you!

Out of interest, how do you revise for history?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 398
I put a key topic in the middle of a page for example hitler becoming chancellor..... then go to my text book take 7-10 key factors plus discussion points. So I can talk about a number of different factors both positive and negative.

Then I learn them. Thats what works for me. My mate uses rhymes its so funny.

Original post by CD223
I think my college does OCR philosophy :/ sorry!

Thank you!

Out of interest, how do you revise for history?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 399
Original post by dmcque
I put a key topic in the middle of a page for example hitler becoming chancellor..... then go to my text book take 7-10 key factors plus discussion points. So I can talk about a number of different factors both positive and negative.

Then I learn them. Thats what works for me. My mate uses rhymes its so funny.

That's such a cool technique! I might try that :smile: thanks for sharing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending