The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
"Was the Cahill handball a penalty? Yes. Was the Ospina collision with Oscar a penalty? I did not see the incident."

lmao

Wenger's a wasteman. Surprised anyone listens to him anymore on these points. Can see a handball from 50 yards away but not a total wipeout after an opponent wins the ball.
Original post by leinad2012
The only thing that I liked about our performance today was the ***** tackles at the end to stop the counters, very nice to see us actually wising up a bit.

Nacho Monreal is very smart like that, had Gibbs played they'd have had us bang to rights on the counter no doubt.

Good LB Monreal
Original post by shawn_o1
AR_95 next to him :colone:

lool please
still wonderin when people will start rating bellerin :rolleyes:
Bellerin finished Debuchy today, such a mature performance, so proud of the lad.

No way would Debuchy have provided the width like Bellerin did today.
Debuchy is 30 in the summer

What a brutal transfer that was
Original post by Zürich

really strange one, would have been better off with Aurier
Meh, Jenk is back next year and I think you guys are being harsh on Debuchy, he showed signs of promise when he first came he, he's been out most of the season too and it was Wengs fault bringing him back in such a high tempo, emotional game. 30 in the summer doesn't mean much, most fullbacks are able to keep going into their early to mid 30 by which time Jenk will definitely be ready to take over as 1st choice RB with Bellerin a a solid 2nd choice/ 1st choice challenger. Makes sense to me so long as we keep Jenk in the summer and loan Bellerin out
Original post by Zürich

wasn't he like 5m
12 at least mate.
Original post by al_94
wasn't he like 5m

Nah £10m - £12m
Aurier? What so we could have 3 RB's with an average age of 22? It would be an awful decision you need a mix of youth and experience especially a the back, Wenger was just unlucky that Debuchy had such shock injuries, hopefully he won't get a freak injury like a dislocated shoulder and will play most of next season.

Also, I'm sure I'll get stamped down for saying this by I think I'd actually like Kevin Mirallas at the emirates, he's been the outstanding player for Everton this season, a very decent winger if a bit on the old side at 27. 11 goals in 32 games this year at 1 every 160 mins is very good for a winger. I think he'd be a good squad signing
Arsenal have gone eight hours and two minutes without scoring against Chelsea (all competitions).

Oh wow.
Reply 8293
Aurier? What so we could have 3 RB's with an average age of 22? It would be an awful decision you need a mix of youth and experience especially a the back, Wenger was just unlucky that Debuchy had such shock injuries, hopefully he won't get a freak injury like a dislocated shoulder and will play most of next season.

Also, I'm sure I'll get stamped down for saying this by I think I'd actually like Kevin Mirallas at the emirates, he's been the outstanding player for Everton this season, a very decent winger if a bit on the old side at 27. 11 goals in 32 games this year at 1 every 160 mins is very good for a winger. I think he'd be a good squad signing

I wanted him before he went to Everton. I remember he said that he chose Everton over us because he wasn't guaranteed first team footy here. Such a likeable player.

No room for him now though I'm afraid.

Henry went in on the analysis haha, I don't agree that we need four big players. Three at the most tbh. And with Coq's consistently, we can get away with two.

Lacazette, Schniederlin and Cech and it'll be a perfect summer, and then I see no reason why we wont be challenging next season. We'll have depth, experience and a lot of talent. We could play so many different systems with those players too.

We should have signed Griezmann if we wanted a winger. He has had an amazing season at Atletico.
Original post by SA-1
I wanted him before he went to Everton. I remember he said that he chose Everton over us because he wasn't guaranteed first team footy here. Such a likeable player.

No room for him now though I'm afraid.

Henry went in on the analysis haha, I don't agree that we need four big players. Three at the most tbh. And with Coq's consistently, we can get away with two.

Lacazette, Schniederlin and Cech and it'll be a perfect summer, and then I see no reason why we wont be challenging next season. We'll have depth, experience and a lot of talent. We could play so many different systems with those players too.

I think he'd be a decent cheap option, him or perhaps Milner. We're still desperately short on the wings tbh, Sanchez, Welbeck, Walcott, Ox, but Walcott and Welbeck reckons themselves as strikers and Ox is playing centrally a lot. I agree though, if you're Arsenal you need 11 very good players for a starting XI but also 2 good players in every position. Add Cech and we've got that at GK, we already have depth at both fullback positions but I wouldn't mind an extra CB Chambers just isn't there yet and none of our fullbacks play CB convincingly. CDM we only have Coq so Sneiderlain would be perfect, CM is covered (Wilshere and Ramsey), as is CAM (Ozil Cazorla). Like I say we only have 3 decent wingers, don't rate Welbeck at all but he's a decent enough 4th option. Then up top we only have Giroud, so Lacazette would be a perfect addition.

So yeah, I'd pretty much agree, Cech, Sneiderlain (or Carvalho who can play CB if needed) and Lacazette, then a few squad fillers like Milner for the wings and we'd have a VERY good squad, not just starting XI.
Ive been guilty of overrating Mirallas at times tbh, his dribbling is very impressive but his end product is really quite poor most of the time.

Wouldnt mind another LW though
Original post by sr90
Arsenal have gone eight hours and two minutes without scoring against Chelsea (all competitions).

Oh wow.

Yes very poor but at the Emirates at least Mourinho completely shuts up shop and I'm not all that surprised about it.

From now on we should just take the 0-0 draw at the Bridge and at the Emirates if that's the way Morinho insists on playing it. No problem with that really it's just annoying when we actually seem more gung ho at the Bridge than at home.
Original post by Zürich
Yes very poor but at the Emirates at least Mourinho completely shuts up shop and I'm not all that surprised about it.

From now on we should just take the 0-0 draw at the Bridge and at the Emirates if that's the way Morinho insists on playing it. No problem with that really it's just annoying when we actually seem more gung ho at the Bridge than at home.

He even did that to us when Moyes was in charge ffs.
Also it's hilarious how some of you think Arsenal even have a 1% chance of signing Cech

Latest