The Student Room Group

AQA B A2 English Language Exam grade boundaries

According to the developing language mark scheme, to get an A for each question, you would need 45/48 (90/96), which to me seems absolutely absurd. However, i did check on the AQA June 2014 grade boundaries, which states you would need to get 70/96 for an A and 80/96 for an A*.

On the mark scheme, the AOs are split into 6 bands, which according to my teacher, band 6 is the A, having to get 22/24 (A01) 15/16 (A02) and 8/8 (A03) for each question, which seems completely impracticable, being over 90%.

Has anyone sat this exam or can clarify what mark is needed to achieve the A?

To get an A overall, i need a high B in the exam, having got a B at AS (basically everyone died in my english department last year) and an A* in the language investigation, so it's really touch and go at the moment.

Thanks.
Original post by Lotte-Elizabeth
According to the developing language mark scheme, to get an A for each question, you would need 45/48 (90/96), which to me seems absolutely absurd. However, i did check on the AQA June 2014 grade boundaries, which states you would need to get 70/96 for an A and 80/96 for an A*.

On the mark scheme, the AOs are split into 6 bands, which according to my teacher, band 6 is the A, having to get 22/24 (A01) 15/16 (A02) and 8/8 (A03) for each question, which seems completely impracticable, being over 90%.

Has anyone sat this exam or can clarify what mark is needed to achieve the A?

To get an A overall, i need a high B in the exam, having got a B at AS (basically everyone died in my english department last year) and an A* in the language investigation, so it's really touch and go at the moment.

Thanks.

Heya, I'm going to put this in the English forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=82

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending