The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1760
****. Forgot it was Extreme Rules this Sunday. Thought we still had another week. Christ. What a poor run-up to a PPV.

Anyway, predictions:
- Kidd/Cesaro def. The New Day to retain the WWE Tag Team Championships.
- Dean Ambrose def. Luke Harper in a Chicago Street Fight
- Sheamus def. Dolph Ziggler in the Kiss Me Arse match
- Daniel Bryan def. BNB to retain the Intercontinental Championship (if it goes ahead)
- Naomi def. Nikki Bella for the WWE Divas Championship
- Big Show def. Roman Reigns in the Last Man Standing match, after interference from Bray Wyatt
- John Cena def. Rusev in the Russian Chain match for the WWE United States Championship
- Seth Rollins def. Randy Orton to retain the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Watching all these couples on BBC 3 get married and I'm just sitting here downloading the Dean Ambrose theme song...
Reply 1762
Original post by CrimsonRainDrops
downloading the Dean Ambrose theme song...

That theme is very Mick Foley-inspired. I like it.

BNB's is the best in the company right now, though. No doubt.
Reply 1763
Bryan injured so BNB will take on Neville in the Extreme Rules pre-show.

Preston vs. Newcastle United.
Original post by Mackay
Bryan injured so BNB will take on Neville in the Extreme Rules pre-show.

Preston vs. Newcastle United.

Wonder if Gary and Phil will be watching.
Reply 1765
So, Rollins retains. As expected. Very run-of-the-mill PPV.
Called him RKOing Orton
Reply 1767
Original post by AR_95
Called him RKOing Orton

Called it being the main event which I'm pleased about.

Rusev-Cena would have been such a waste. It's been announced at Payback, so I expect Rusev to regain the title there.
Was a decent ppv given the lacklustre buildup imo

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought the PPV was pretty dull personally. The wrestling was decent but the booking sucked and there was nothing to really get excited about. Expect Cena to get his 3rd straight win over
Original post by IanDangerously
I thought the PPV was pretty dull personally. The wrestling was decent but the booking sucked and there was nothing to really get excited about. Expect Cena to get his 3rd straight win over

Yeah nothing to really get excited over. This and payback will just be fillers til Summer slam where they actually put effort into it. And of course lesnar will be at Summer slam :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1771
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Was a decent ppv given the lacklustre buildup imo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pleasantly surprised by the New Day against Kidd/Cesaro. Hope they give those two teams some TV time. Maybe get them headlining SmackDown or something to mix up the formula.

Reigns-Big Show exceeded my expectations, too. Great performance from the former, and he sold the **** out of that chokeslam through the two tables.

Shame about Bryan's neck situation. The guy needs to calm down and take stock. He talks about respecting the business and wanting to take crazy bumps, but he needs to be more savvy and smart and prolong his career.
Reply 1772
This week's SmackDown results:

Spoiler

And the King of the Ring results...

Spoiler

Need BNB back in the title picture imo, perhaps after Summerslam during the lull period
Reply 1774
Original post by AR_95
Need BNB back in the title picture imo, perhaps after Summerslam during the lull period

I want an un-Americans type stable with BNB, Sheamus and Paige. Would give Neville an outlet as a babyface, too. He could stand up to them. He's blown me away since debuting on the main roster. Especially considering Bo Dallas, Adam Rose and The Ascension's failures.
Original post by Mackay
I want an un-Americans type stable with BNB, Sheamus and Paige. Would give Neville an outlet as a babyface, too. He could stand up to them. He's blown me away since debuting on the main roster. Especially considering Bo Dallas, Adam Rose and The Ascension's failures.

Person I was most hoping for (and now dissapointed) was Corey Graves tbh, he just has that look.

Neville will shine in the midcard
Reply 1776
Original post by AR_95
Person I was most hoping for (and now dissapointed) was Corey Graves tbh, he just has that look.

Neville will shine in the midcard

Can see Neville, BNB, Sheamus and Ziggler becoming such a reliable quartet for the midcard. Akin to Booker T, RVD, Guerrero and Benoit during the 2003 Heyman-era of SmackDown.

Shame about Graves really, but I fully expect Zayn and Balor to be impressive when they are called up.

It's a shame to see Ambrose losing heat since the Shield break-up. He was red-hot then, but he seems to have regressed with these zany promos. They need to make him more serious. I think a heel turn would do him the world of good at this stage.
Original post by Mackay
Pleasantly surprised by the New Day against Kidd/Cesaro. Hope they give those two teams some TV time. Maybe get them headlining SmackDown or something to mix up the formula.

Reigns-Big Show exceeded my expectations, too. Great performance from the former, and he sold the **** out of that chokeslam through the two tables.

Shame about Bryan's neck situation. The guy needs to calm down and take stock. He talks about respecting the business and wanting to take crazy bumps, but he needs to be more savvy and smart and prolong his career.

Yeah the new day as heels is quite good imo and I've loved kidd and cesaro together since day 1. Thought reigns big show could be a car crash of a match and that fans would boo the crap out of it but thankfully I was wrong. Were some great spots in the match, the chokeslam like you said and the spears through the barricade and from one announce table through another :cool:. Crowd was into the match too and firmly behind reigns :biggrin:. Yeah Bryan needs to take it easy or early retirement beckons. What was the point of the ryback Bo dallas segment lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1778
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Yeah the new day as heels is quite good imo and I've loved kidd and cesaro together since day 1.

Great chemistry between them. Hope they get the straps back at Payback or MITB.
Original post by Mackay
Can see Neville, BNB, Sheamus and Ziggler becoming such a reliable quartet for the midcard. Akin to Booker T, RVD, Guerrero and Benoit during the 2003 Heyman-era of SmackDown.

Shame about Graves really, but I fully expect Zayn and Balor to be impressive when they are called up.

It's a shame to see Ambrose losing heat since the Shield break-up. He was red-hot then, but he seems to have regressed with these zany promos. They need to make him more serious. I think a heel turn would do him the world of good at this stage.

Yeah they need to bring out more of his psychotic side and turn him into a heel. That's where he'll thrive best. I thought that was the direction he was headed in after the string of losses but I guess not.

You can't make a crazy guy look "crazy" and have him face at the same time. Atm it seems like his persona is the fighting hillbilly what with the vest and jeans (which seriously need to go).

On that note, Reigns would look a lot more believable if he gets rid of the combat vest too.

Quick Reply

Latest