The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8700
Original post by Enginerd.
SalaamUAlaikum, I've always wondered. If someone knows that if you revert to Islam all your previous sins are wiped, what if they (purposely) decide to revert on their deathbed or in a natural disaster in the hope of attaining heaven but delaying reverting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reversion is by intention - Allah will judge them for it.
SalaamUAlaikum, I've always wondered. If someone knows that if you revert to Islam all your previous sins are wiped, what if they (purposely) decide to revert on their deathbed or in a natural disaster in the hope of attaining heaven but delaying reverting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa'alaykumasalaam

I would say the fact they have chosen to revert to Islam on their deathbed shows that they acknowledged Islam being correct ages ago. I mean they didn't decide to go to Christianity or hinduism etc... They decided on Islam. They sound like a Muslim who goes about sinning intentionally with the "plan" of repenting later.

This should cover it (sorta) - http://islamqa.info/en/165010
I'm going to doubt that their actions will be taken as sincere repentance. Thats just my two cents though.

Allah knows best.
(edited 8 years ago)
Saw this on a fb group. Relates to the above convo slightly.

Who can predict their time?!

Original post by IdeasForLife

Scary picture, the debt that all men pay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, you cant cheat the test of life

How can deceive allah like that

Allah will judge you accordingly. Not even a leaf falls to the ground without him knowing it, so what makes someone think that they're intentions/thoughts are hidden from allah
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Thats awesome bro. Insha'Allah you can repeat in the exam :yy:

Thanks bro.

I need to fix up my chemistry now
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Exactly bro

Some mans thinking that they'll revert next year but who knows if they'll even be alive by then :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Police rape two ‪‎Rohingya‬ Muslim girls in front of their father...

http://burmatimes.net/police-rape-two-muslim-girls-in-front-of-their-father/

Another rape concerning the Rohingya

http://burmatimes.net/rohingya-muslim-woman-raped-by-trafficker-disappears/

Makes me so mad that non of the Muslim countries do anything about their situation.
(edited 8 years ago)
Police rape two ‪‎Rohingya‬ Muslim girls in front of their father...

http://burmatimes.net/police-rape-two-muslim-girls-in-front-of-their-father/

Another rape concerning the Rohingya

http://burmatimes.net/rohingya-muslim-woman-raped-by-trafficker-disappears/

it's just sad. May Allah help the Muslims in Burma and all those around the world. Ameen.

Makes me so mad that non of the Muslim countries do anything about their situation.

same, at the moment it seems they're too busy killing each other rather than helping the brothers and sisters out.
(edited 8 years ago)
Good read.

“Anyone who seeks knowledge must suffer”

Sometimes a class gets cancelled or rescheduled and we come so frustrated and demotivated.

There are stories of the scholars of the past, such as Imam al-Bukhari, who would travel for months in great hardship to narrate hadith from a particular teacher, only to find that the teacher recently passed away.

Once Abul Hasan Nadwi (rh) wanted to learn from a prestigious Yemeni scholar, but the scholar said he is only free 2 hours before fajr. Sh. Abul Hasan agreed but the scholar made a stipulation: if you miss one single lesson, I will never teach you again. Sh. Abul Hasan agreed and fulfilled his end of the deal; he attended every class without fail. And these classes were for many months, not a few days.

Sh. Akram Nadwi mentioned that on one of his hajj journeys, he would travel from scholar to scholar to read hadith to them and gain ijaza, to the extent that they embarked after fajr going from scholar to scholar until they reached back to the hotel at 11.30pm not having had time to eat.

If you want to embark upon the righteous and blessed path of seeking sacred knowledge, then no doubt you will be trialed and tested, for greatness is earned
Original post by kyoti
it's just sad. May Allah help the Muslims in Burma and all those around the world. Ameen.

same, at the moment it seems they're too busy killing each other rather than helping the brothers and sisters out.

Ameen.

They're a bunch of unreliable fools who only care about keeping themselves in power.
Original post by kyoti

Ameen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
"All humans are dead, except those who have knowledge;

And all those who who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds;

And all those who do good deeds are deceived, except those who are sincere;

And those who are sincere are always in a state of worry."

- Imam ash-Shafi'ī
+ 1

Yh agreed. There is no such thing as an agnostic Muslim. In this case, either you're muslim or you're not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're having doubts but I'd be hesitant in calling yourself an agnostic though, I've always taken agnostic to mean "I don't disbelieve in God's existence but I don't believe in it either". In Islam that belief is vital, you need to have it. You can't decide to stop and take a middle standpoint for the rest of your life because that will take you out of Islam.

nope agnostic can also mean u dont have 100% certainty god existing and even smartest muslim brother on tsr bro tazarooni doesnt say its 100% certain because theres always that chance anyone can be wrong

you can defo be agnostic and still believe in god but you just dont say that you know for 100% sure
Original post by UnsahihDatHadith
nope agnostic can also mean u dont have 100% certainty god existing and even smartest muslim brother on tsr bro tazarooni doesnt say its 100% certain because theres always that chance anyone can be wrong

you can defo be agnostic and still believe in god but you just dont say that you know for 100% sure

In the popular sense of the word, an agnostic can't be a Muslim. In Islam 100% belief is required, there isn't any two ways about this. No matter how many definitions people twist to suit their view.

He said (if we're thinking of the same post) something along the lines of him being human makes him liable to faults or something, so he could be wrong from that point of view. Although he does believe.

Shoo troll. Stop wasting people's time.
(edited 8 years ago)

Fam, why you pretending to be me :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your confusing Islam with Judaism.Enough of these labels. Islam is a religion and it's followers are Muslims,not agnostic muslims, not atheistic muslim or any other imaginery label,just muslim.
Original post by Brother Q
Fam, why you pretending to be me :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

People accuse everyone of being you so there's no win win scenario for you lol.
[video="youtube;qrdDki_ofkw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrdDki_ofkw[/video]

Latest

Trending

Trending