The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5220
Original post by Jingojango
I completed mine on Tuesday. Seems ok, slightly surprised by the format but I thought some of the questions could have had multiple answers, depending on your personality. Hope it goes well for you. Was just interested to see what others thought.

Would you mind giving us an idea of the kind of things they asked? Also, how long did it take to complete? Thanks.
Original post by tehforum
Have you heard from BJ?

what's BJ?
Original post by Omiclops
what's BJ?

My bad thought you applied to Browne Jacobson
Original post by Tudd
Would you mind giving us an idea of the kind of things they asked? Also, how long did it take to complete? Thanks.

Depends how much you scrutinise your answers. I spent about an hour and a half in the end. It's nothing to be worried about, just questions about what you would do in certain situations and your personality.
Reply 5224
Original post by Jingojango
Depends how much you scrutinise your answers. I spent about an hour and a half in the end. It's nothing to be worried about, just questions about what you would do in certain situations and your personality.

Thats good to know. Thanks
Reply 5225
Has anyone got a VS with Eversheds, Manchester?
is it legit to use the same application for a training contract as the vacation scheme one where you've gotten an interview and been rejected? especially where questions are exactly the same
Original post by Omiclops
is it legit to use the same application for a training contract as the vacation scheme one where you've gotten an interview and been rejected? especially where questions are exactly the same

I'd like to know this too!
I don't suppose anyone has been interviewed by Morgan Lewis before and has any tips? :smile:
Has anybody heard back from Gateley yet from the AC?
Has anyone ever had a phone interview with Thomas Eggar for a VS?
Is anyone doing the taylor Vinters vac scheme 2015? The email from HR doesn't state we get paid. Does anyone know if we get paid/get some expenses? Or is it an unpaid vac scheme? Accomodation for 2 weeks will be so expensive!
anyone who was at the Cooley ac heard back?
Original post by isrox08
Is anyone doing the taylor Vinters vac scheme 2015? The email from HR doesn't state we get paid. Does anyone know if we get paid/get some expenses? Or is it an unpaid vac scheme? Accomodation for 2 weeks will be so expensive!

It's unpaid, with no expenses covered. I asked to not be in the Cambridge office since that requires me paying for accommodation but I was put there for a week. So 5 nights in a B&B for me!
Could anyone inform me how an application for the Government Legal Service VS is made?
All I can find on the website is details of how to apply for a TC, but no links for a direct VS application.
Has anyone heard from Marriott Harrison?
anyone else get that email from mischon about reviewing video interviews? they're taking so so long!! when i saw their email i thought i was definitely going to find out!
Reply 5237
Original post by JKRP11
Same for me - I got invited for an interview, not sure if I'll accept it though given my exam timetable...

Same. A thesis and exams all in the next few weeks so waiting to see what they say about dates.
Anyone heard from Barclays or Faegre Baker Daniels?
Original post by Ireneebeenie
Anyone heard from Barclays or Faegre Baker Daniels?

Nothing from Barclays, apparently they'll be informing successful applicants no later than Friday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending