The Student Room Group

AS Sociology 2015 revision tips

Personally myself the key to any subject is to learn your key individuals, examples, case studies etc as much as possible. For sociology it is key for you to learn your sociologists and their respective perspectives. For my revision I have a fairly simple method as to how to remember my sociologists.

Firstly, when reading them from my textbook I find it useful to write the name of the sociologist in BOLD or CAPITAL letters to help them stand out for you when re-reading over your notes.

Secondly, I find that making your exercise or text book bright and colourful so it will a. not look so daunting and b. so it will stand out in your mind. I would suggest using a code for certain sections that you highlight for example:

Yellow for key sociologists

Pink for key information

Green for important dates or acts ( for example on the education section in educational policy the 1988 Educational Reform Act ERA)

Blue for perspectives such as functionalists, feminists, marxists or the New Right.

Orange for contrasting beliefs, fir example in family feminists criticise the functionalist social policies as not doing enough for women and the marxists claim that the functionalists don't do enough for the working class.

Hopefully this post and indeed the thread will create some discussion where everyone can take some ideas and use them and perhaps pass them on to others students in their schools and classes.

Best of luck everyone
Heya, I'm going to put this in the sociology forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=317
Reply 2
Thank you very much, apologies for the small mistakes in grammar I was in a rush typing it out
Reply 3
needing help on predictions?
Reply 4
Original post by Mialucyx
needing help on predictions?

I've heard some rumours for the family paper but that's all I've got, if you have some I'd be really grateful for them, as would my class :smile: thank you
Reply 5
I don't have any:frown:( what are the rumors on predictions for the family paper?
Reply 6
Original post by TGB1997
I've heard some rumours for the family paper but that's all I've got, if you have some I'd be really grateful for them, as would my class :smile: thank you

I don't have any:frown:( what are the rumors on predictions for the family paper?
Reply 7
Original post by Mialucyx

I've heard today that the family paper may have a question childhood more specifically social policy. I'd take this with a pinch of salt personally until there is more momentum building behind it. Keep checking the sociology threads, if there isn't anything then I would suggest creating your own thread title AS sociology exams tip offs or leaked topics, hopefully that will help. Best of luck with the revision and the exams :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending