The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Soo worried :nope: have the woodlice evaluative tomorrow!
Reply 481
is anyone else pretty shocked at how low the grade boundaries are for the Unit 2 paper...Like i did my first full paper today and whilst doing it all that was going through my head was **** im going to fail... this is so hard but then got 76/100 and to get an A that year you only needed 65/100

Although people complain the mark scheme is fairly "specific" a large chunk of the questions is just common sense
Maybe just maybe i can pull off the much needed A this year :biggrin: dare i even say A*?!
Original post by RagaZ
is anyone else pretty shocked at how low the grade boundaries are for the Unit 2 paper...Like i did my first full paper today and whilst doing it all that was going through my head was **** im going to fail... this is so hard but then got 76/100 and to get an A that year you only needed 65/100

Although people complain the mark scheme is fairly "specific" a large chunk of the questions is just common sense
Maybe just maybe i can pull off the much needed A this year :biggrin: dare i even say A*?!

Well you got 76/100 you marking it, someone else marking it may have a different opinion regardless of how strict you claimed to have marked it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RagaZ

Bio pretty much is a mixture of common sense and memory. Congrats. Don't get complacent though. There's still a while until this exam, and you have other subjects with exams before this. I was getting 80s, 90s in chemistry, got complacent, and only got a low A last year. >>
help on the evaluative immobilised enzymes lipase please??
Original post by mollybryant82
yeah sure! i've just pm'd you x

could you pm it to me please?
Reply 486
unit 5 is very challenging
(edited 8 years ago)
unit 2 is probably harder than unit 4
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
unit 2 is probably harder than unit 4

True, without unit 2 down you can basically forget about doing well in unit 4 and 5
Reply 489
Original post by AnnekaChan173
True, without unit 2 down you can basically forget about doing well in unit 4 and 5

define well
Original post by Yua
define well

the concepts are constantly asked about, such as protein structure and amino acids in genetics and muscle contraction, to macromolecules in unit 4 (glycogen and glucagon)
having a sound understanding of that, you're more likely to do better and get that A imo
not saying you need to get 100 in it, but it will make life easier ngl
Reply 491
the concepts are constantly asked about, such as protein structure and amino acids in genetics and muscle contraction, to macromolecules in unit 4 (glycogen and glucagon)
having a sound understanding of that, you're more likely to do better and get that A imo
not saying you need to get 100 in it, but it will make life easier ngl

I haven't revised it since the exam last year and don't intend to
Original post by Yua
I haven't revised it since the exam last year and don't intend to

I kept my notes so it's pretty much a matter of rereading them. I'm not saying revise everything, but the key biological concepts like transcription translation, general knowledge of macromolecules, usually synoptic questions are about those.

I have the F215 mock tomorrow, gonna need all the luck I can get...
Reply 493
I kept my notes so it's pretty much a matter of rereading them. I'm not saying revise everything, but the key biological concepts like transcription translation, general knowledge of macromolecules, usually synoptic questions are about those.

I have the F215 mock tomorrow, gonna need all the luck I can get...

how did you do in the f214 mock? and good luck, my mock is probably coming up soon as well. Knowing my teachers it'll probably be sudden and without warning
Original post by Yua
how did you do in the f214 mock? and good luck, my mock is probably coming up soon as well. Knowing my teachers it'll probably be sudden and without warning

Got an A, I think 45/60, looking back on it it's pretty average. Pretty basic mistakes haha, but I think the A* was quite low too. Good luck to you for then!
Reply 495
Got an A, I think 45/60, looking back on it it's pretty average. Pretty basic mistakes haha, but I think the A* was quite low too. Good luck to you for then!

What was an A* on that paper? Thanks, actually find that unit 5 stuff tricky
Original post by Yua
What was an A* on that paper? Thanks, actually find that unit 5 stuff tricky

I think it was 46/7, I remember I was close ish. Unit 5 is tricky let's not lie
anyone think its possible to get an A for F215 with only having done a couple of past papers? As long as you know all the content that is.
Original post by bakedbeans247
anyone think its possible to get an A for F215 with only having done a couple of past papers? As long as you know all the content that is.

I'd say so but you'd really need to focus and do the work necessary. I've only done one past paper but got 60 and there's still over a month and a half til this exam - you have time
Original post by bakedbeans247

One does not simply "learn all the content" for unit 5 :rofl:. Way too much of it, there'll always be something you forget. Depends on how good you are at Bio tbh? It's still early, though. What have you been averaging so far? (Generally)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending