The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TornadoGR4
Cheers lads, I'm done sulking now & have my head up again. Was women problems (Didn't even get rejected or anything so my whinging was really unjustified), also felt a bit **** griping over my non-issues when unimaginable catastrophes occur worldwide (death toll has now reached 4000 in Nepal iirc). Talking to a couple of users from here (thought not FF users) and getting it out in the air was surprisingly helpful. I'm usually one to try bury problems and put them on the backburner.

Had a good run today, got an haircut, feel refreshed, fit & healthy & thinking positively.

Looking forward to the huge game in the Championship tonight :cool:

das it mane
Reply 3261
Watched a documentary on Josef Fritzl last night. Had heard about his case down the years but never actually looked in to it.

Easily one of the darkest men of all time imo. Right up there with Hitler.
Reply 3262
What I don't understand about the Fritzl case is that how on earth did his wife not find out? For 24 years, your husband goes down into the basement of your home every now and then, alone, and comes back. How three babies were left on their doorstep. Why wasn't there any forensic investigation following his daughter 'running away'. It doesn't make sense =/

Then again, his wife was pretty ****ed up. She stood by him and took him back with open arms after he committed rape
Original post by SA-1
Watched a documentary on Josef Fritzl last night. Had heard about his case down the years but never actually looked in to it.

Easily one of the darkest men of all time imo. Right up there with Hitler.

That was absolutely disgusting. Those poor kids will never ever be able to integrate into normal society, especially not the woman who was enslaved. To be honest its so perverted and weird that you would never think someone was capable of doing it!

Fritzl probably had a hold over his wife as well. Lots of people in abusive relationships are too scared to leave, especially if they have kids. Its a bit harsh to criticise the wife. Remember that the girl "disappeared" in the early 80s... did forensic testing even exist then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3264
Original post by sr90
That was absolutely disgusting. Those poor kids will never ever be able to integrate into normal society, especially not the woman who was enslaved. To be honest its so perverted and weird that you would never think someone was capable of doing it!

Fritzl probably had a hold over his wife as well. Lots of people in abusive relationships are too scared to leave, especially if they have kids. Its a bit harsh to criticise the wife. Remember that the girl "disappeared" in the early 80s... did forensic testing even exist then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thing that made it worse is that Fritzl gave them access to a TV etc, so they saw the real world, just never experienced it. Amazing the daughter kept sane through the 24 years of constant abuse, in a basement in pure darkness. I guess her kids kept her going.

Forensic testing has been around for a long long time, with time its become a lot more accurate. I'm sure in the 80's there were a lot of avenues of investigation forensically. Even if they weren't as accurate, I don't see why a full search operation wasn't carried out in their house. It's always one of the top places to search in these instances. When he left the babies outside his own house, it was closer to the millennium, and each time there were more calls for his daughter to return.

Fritzl was a really respected man in society, and he built the basement with planning permissions through 'contacts'. It could be a possibility that he paid off the police (when it began in the late 80s), or something. It was only after his daughter was allowed to go to the hospital that the police did their job (that's if someone in the police had been helping Fritzl), and even then I think it was because the media went absolutely crazy over the whole case.
(edited 8 years ago)
Those irritating pricks from Uni are back again. It's exam season and they're all laughing loudly at ****ty jokes. Not being racist but it's always the Indian's. Literally ain't seen anything like this from any other ethnicity.
Original post by The Shed End
Those irritating pricks from Uni are back again. It's exam season and they're all laughing loudly at ****ty jokes. Not being racist but it's always the Indian's. Literally ain't seen anything like this from any other ethnicity.

lool the asians are susceptible to it but usually from my experience it's the Somalians or spanish
Original post by The Shed End

I know your pissed but make sure you let them on the tube mate.
Original post by Dirtybit

:biggrin:
Original post by SA-1

Any good?

Watch a lot of crime docs on YouTube - check out the 'American Justice' series. Got into it after I saw the film Bully and checked out the real life crime it was based on. Really interesting cases.
Reply 3270
Original post by Mackay
Any good?

Watch a lot of crime docs on YouTube - check out the 'American Justice' series. Got into it after I saw the film Bully and checked out the real life crime it was based on. Really interesting cases.

Yeah as a documentary it's really interesting and well produced. As a criminal case itself, it's horrific and just disturbing.

To think that a man that is portrayed as being so respectful in society is capable of committing such horrific crimes is unthinkable tbh. Scarred not one, not two but over a dozen people - and who knows what their offsprings will suffer from? Really recommend it if crime interests you.

I watched this one:

[video="youtube;8bkWoevuFNU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bkWoevuFNU[/video]

Yeah I'll check out the American Justice, heard about the series a few times from people.
Original post by SA-1
x

Cheers, man. Will watch tonight.
Reply 3272
Original post by Mackay
Cheers, man. Will watch tonight.

No worries. Let me know your thoughts, it's interesting stuff.
Original post by Dirtybit

Na we'll push them off the district line bro.
Original post by jam277
Na we'll push them off the district line bro.

plug westfields
Reply 3276
Walking through central, and I come across this homeless guy. Man was laying there with a blanket over him, and a sign which said 'Need money for food, I'm starving', and a costa cup in front of him with some loose change. Thing that made me shake my head was that he was playing candy crush on his iPhone while doing it all :/

Priorities ya know..
things are looking pretty good..

Running through lots of annoying procedures to get my chinese visa.

Had my full health checks done, criminal checks, financial checks, blah blah blah.

Should finally get a depature date though today! so can book my flight, and finally get back to my wife.

Things are looking up :smile: Found out I am perfectly healthy.. have nothing on my criminal record.. signed the contract on a decent job.. get to be back with wife.

Love it.
Reply 3278
Original post by fallen_acorns
things are looking pretty good..

Running through lots of annoying procedures to get my chinese visa.

Had my full health checks done, criminal checks, financial checks, blah blah blah.

Should finally get a depature date though today! so can book my flight, and finally get back to my wife.

Things are looking up :smile: Found out I am perfectly healthy.. have nothing on my criminal record.. signed the contract on a decent job.. get to be back with wife.

Love it.

Congrats man, Happy for you :smile:
After watching Miliband laughably fail yet again tonight I really cannot understand why anybody wants to put this incompetent clown in charge of our country? He's just not up to the job at all.

I'd guess it's like Moyes and United or Hodgson and Liverpool? You know the man in charge is **** but you'll still back the team.

Latest