The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 4: Physics on the Move 6PH04 (11th June 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Could someone please help with his question! I can't figure out how to use the equation V=V0e^-t/rc here, and the mark scheme is no help. Any help would be appreciated:smile: It's question q16 c) ii) that I can't figure out, thanks:smile: physics.png
Got 31/40 in the coursework. Need 112/120 average for an A* now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by physicsmaths
Got 31/40 in the coursework. Need 112/120 average for an A* now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this cos it dragged your average down to below an A? Because the A* only depends on the two exams!
Original post by cerlohee
Is this cos it dragged your average down to below an A? Because the A* only depends on the two exams!

What? Are you sure. I thought it depends on the whole of A2 the two exams and the coursework.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
What? Are you sure. I thought it depends on the whole of A2 the two exams and the coursework.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh **** I've been misinformed sorry
Arghh I put so little effort into my coursework cos I thought it didn't matter D:
Oh **** I've been misinformed sorry
Arghh I put so little effort into my coursework cos I thought it didn't matter D:

What did you get. All my firends got A*s except me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
What did you get. All my firends got A*s except me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know our teacher hasn't told us... I did a practice one that got 29 but it was only half done so this one is probably somewhere above that...
What grade did you get? No one at my school gets A*s for the coursework wowow
I don't know our teacher hasn't told us... I did a practice one that got 29 but it was only half done so this one is probably somewhere above that...
What grade did you get? No one at my school gets A*s for the coursework wowow

I got a B. 31/40. My teacher is the harshest marker ever and an official for edexcel. We didnt even get told what the practical was before he day. Me and my mates all made notes and had a group on whastapp but i just screwed up all the last analysis marks. Which cost me the A*. My teacher writes edexcel physics questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
I got a B. 31/40. My teacher is the harshest marker ever and an official for edexcel. We didnt even get told what the practical was before he day. Me and my mates all made notes and had a group on whastapp but i just screwed up all the last analysis marks. Which cost me the A*. My teacher writes edexcel physics questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got ours back today mine was 34... Someone in my class got full marks though 😩
Yeah my teacher isn't a great marker everyone's grades changed after moderation.
Jesus that must be so useful! Are they a good teacher then? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got ours back today mine was 34... Someone in my class got full marks though 😩
Yeah my teacher isn't a great marker everyone's grades changed after moderation.
Jesus that must be so useful! Are they a good teacher then? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh amazing teacher. He got something wrong for the first time yesterday and I found his mistake haha lol.
We only have him once a week though. The other teachers are horrendous. He is our saviour. He als did the equivalent of Physics STEP back jn the 80s and got the top Grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Yh amazing teacher. He got something wrong for the first time yesterday and I found his mistake haha lol.
We only have him once a week though. The other teachers are horrendous. He is our saviour. He als did the equivalent of Physics STEP back jn the 80s and got the top Grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh that's amazing! Well my unit 4 teacher is absolutely useless so I'll probably have a lot of questions here as we get near exam period haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
For this question, why does the lamp not flash when the switch is closed? :sImageUploadedByStudent Room1430209852.908610.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
For this question, why does the lamp not flash when the switch is closed? :sImageUploadedByStudent Room1430209852.908610.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoke to my teacher and it was just a misunderstanding of the phrase "when the switch is closed"
I thought it meant the act of physically closing the switch, which would generate an EMF. However, it only meant that the switch is not open.
i did this paper last year and got a u in it...bringing my entire grade down to a C. im retaking it now but i really struggle with all of the concepts and i find this module to be much harder than the other modules. can anyone please give me some advice or link me some good revision websites?
Original post by gideon123
i did this paper last year and got a u in it...bringing my entire grade down to a C. im retaking it now but i really struggle with all of the concepts and i find this module to be much harder than the other modules. can anyone please give me some advice or link me some good revision websites?

Physicsmathstutor is a brilliant website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Deceptive question but pretty nice if you understand what is going on. With all these field questions it is the same thing over and over again. Just different versions lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Deceptive question but pretty nice if you understand what is going on. With all these field questions it is the same thing over and over again. Just different versions lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Luckily the question was about the open, not closed switch. Haha yeah def agree I mean I still don't really know wtf flux linkage is but whatever I can answer the questions haha
Luckily the question was about the open, not closed switch. Haha yeah def agree I mean I still don't really know wtf flux linkage is but whatever I can answer the questions haha

It is the 'amount' of flux is the way I like to think about. Or Net flux. Although i wouldnt use that. A definition of product of turns and flux gets full marks in this prticular case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
It is the 'amount' of flux is the way I like to think about. Or Net flux. Although i wouldnt use that. A definition of product of turns and flux gets full marks in this prticular case.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I get that but not what flux is and why it's relevant to EMF! Guess I have to wait until uni to find that stuff out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Original post by Regina15
Could someone please help with his question! I can't figure out how to use the equation V=V0e^-t/rc here, and the mark scheme is no help. Any help would be appreciated:smile: It's question q16 c) ii) that I can't figure out, thanks:smile:

I don't know how to answer this but have you looked at the examiner's report?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending