The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mobbsy91
That really sucks! How come?

I have to go in everyday until my last exam because my school have decided that i can't be trusted to do stuff at home.. :/
Original post by Midnightmemories
study leave starts at half term for me but I'm on a list that has to go in everyday anyway... :/

:frown: How come? Do you have revision lessons or something....?
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
:frown: How come? Do you have revision lessons or something....?

also on the same sort of list.

apart from everyone else was told at a different time to myself in a metting and i was told ad lib while waiting to get something from the schools canteen.

i have to be in for 3 hours. and i dont know if i have to go to lessons, or have to stay in a room. there is only 20 poeple on the list, and i have to do it until my exams are over (8th june). i have "study leave" from the 22nd may.
:woo: Hey everyone! :woo:

I hope you all had good Easter Holiday :cookie: How did things go?

How are you feeling about your exams?

You might have seen it already but we've set up a funky Revision & Exams hub which has loads of useful articles and threads to help you prepare :smile:

Has everyone got study leave coming up next week? :yum: What are your plans? Do you think you'll set yourself a goal? :h:

:bl:

Puddles

Yes my study leave starts from next week :h: but I'm going to go into school anyway to revise and probably the library - more effective than procrastinating at home for me!

You might have seen it already but we've set up a funky Revision & Exams hub which has loads of useful articles and threads to help you prepare :smile:

Has everyone got study leave coming up next week? :yum: What are your plans? Do you think you'll set yourself a goal? :h:

Puddles

Spoiler

I had a really boring holiday second week of Easter because I was stuck inside revising the entire week. I didn't do as much work as I'd have liked (I somehow ended up doing a lot of revision but no homework, resulting in me having to do a D2 all nighter which was bants)

My study leave starts on the 8th of May and I'm going to absolutely smash it! (hopefully) My plans for this week are to get all of Stats and G482 understood to exam standard, then I should be in a good position for my revision :smile:. It's worked out with my big Chemistry paper because I seem to be doing well (at least in practice) so hopefully it translates to these exams also :biggrin:

Puddles

Spoiler

Study leave starts Monday 11th May for me :smile:
Unfortunately we don't get study leave. I'm not even joking here but it is a "banned phrase" at my school. We saw it under a list in a teachers handbook. Would really benefit from it :frown:
Reply 207

Puddles

Study leave starts on the 8th of May for me, but, I only have partial study leave so I still have to come in for physics lessons (since I am on a D but my estimate is a C), all my other lessons I have study leave for.

My main plan is just using past papers and reading over topics I got wrong and asking for help with topics I don't understand.
Original post by guitaristemily
also on the same sort of list.

apart from everyone else was told at a different time to myself in a metting and i was told ad lib while waiting to get something from the schools canteen.

i have to be in for 3 hours. and i dont know if i have to go to lessons, or have to stay in a room. there is only 20 poeple on the list, and i have to do it until my exams are over (8th june). i have "study leave" from the 22nd may.

Wow - how are you feeling about it? Do you think it will help you going into school...?

Original post by Kangie
Yes my study leave starts from next week :h: but I'm going to go into school anyway to revise and probably the library - more effective than procrastinating at home for me!

That sounds wise! :yep: Sometimes it helps being in that environment :h: Less distrctions :woo:

Original post by Asurat
I had a really boring holiday second week of Easter because I was stuck inside revising the entire week. I didn't do as much work as I'd have liked (I somehow ended up doing a lot of revision but no homework, resulting in me having to do a D2 all nighter which was bants)

My study leave starts on the 8th of May and I'm going to absolutely smash it! (hopefully) My plans for this week are to get all of Stats and G482 understood to exam standard, then I should be in a good position for my revision :smile:. It's worked out with my big Chemistry paper because I seem to be doing well (at least in practice) so hopefully it translates to these exams also :biggrin:

Congrats! :woo: It sounds like you're rockin' and rollin' :biggrin: Are you feeling confident about your exams? :h:

Original post by chantellerose
Study leave starts Monday 11th May for me :smile:

Original post by TajwarC
Unfortunately we don't get study leave. I'm not even joking here but it is a "banned phrase" at my school. We saw it under a list in a teachers handbook. Would really benefit from it :frown:

:frown: DO you think you work better at home compared to being in school?

Original post by Skwill
Study leave starts on the 8th of May for me, but, I only have partial study leave so I still have to come in for physics lessons (since I am on a D but my estimate is a C), all my other lessons I have study leave for.

My main plan is just using past papers and reading over topics I got wrong and asking for help with topics I don't understand.

Sounds like a good plan :smile: :yy: How are you feeling about your exams?

Also, I've now learned that Study Leave happens a lot later than I thought :eek3:
Reply 209

Sounds like a good plan :smile: :yy: How are you feeling about your exams?

Also, I've now learned that Study Leave happens a lot later than I thought :eek3:

Im feeling very confident for psychology, pretty sure I'm going to get an A or a B :biggrin:(depending on how unit 2 turns out), for chemistry I am quite confident that I can get an A or a B, as for biology, I'm feeling fairly confident (a bit better than say '50/50') I know I can get a B, it's just that until now, biology has somehow been left a bit behind in revision, so I really need to practice that to bring it up to a B grade (on a C at the moment)... And finally, physics, the subject I am least confident in (by quite a way), to be honest I'm on a D and have just accepted that I may as well focus on my other subjects more since I'm dropping physics for A2 anyways, though obviously I will still try and maintain my current grade, however, getting a C would be nice :wink:
Wow - how are you feeling about it? Do you think it will help you going into school?
:

Honestly, no. I work better at home. At least its only for 3hours a day...

Congrats! :woo: It sounds like you're rockin' and rollin' :biggrin: Are you feeling confident about your exams? :h:

Not at all! I'm just going to work as hard as I can for damage limitation because I have a feeling I could mumu up any one of my exams or get a dream-damning paper :smile:. I'll just have to see how it goes!
can I join if Im a uni student ? wanting to get a good GPA :smile:
Original post by Skwill
Im feeling very confident for psychology, pretty sure I'm going to get an A or a B :biggrin:(depending on how unit 2 turns out), for chemistry I am quite confident that I can get an A or a B, as for biology, I'm feeling fairly confident (a bit better than say '50/50') I know I can get a B, it's just that until now, biology has somehow been left a bit behind in revision, so I really need to practice that to bring it up to a B grade (on a C at the moment)... And finally, physics, the subject I am least confident in (by quite a way), to be honest I'm on a D and have just accepted that I may as well focus on my other subjects more since I'm dropping physics for A2 anyways, though obviously I will still try and maintain my current grade, however, getting a C would be nice :wink:

That's awesome :biggrin:

Don't give up on Physics completely - is there anything in particular you're struggling with? The Physics study help forum is super duper and really useful :h:

Original post by guitaristemily
Honestly, no. I work better at home. At least its only for 3hours a day...

:console: 3 hours isn't so bad, hopefully you'll be able to get something out of it :h: :woo:

Original post by Asurat
Not at all! I'm just going to work as hard as I can for damage limitation because I have a feeling I could mumu up any one of my exams or get a dream-damning paper :smile:. I'll just have to see how it goes!

:dumbells: Just try your best! :smile: You'll be okay.
Reply 214
That's awesome :biggrin:

Don't give up on Physics completely - is there anything in particular you're struggling with? The Physics study help forum is super duper and really useful :h:

Thanks for the pointers towards the help forum, I'm not completely giving up on it, it's just that I'm going to try and maintain my grade, if I feel I can make more time to improve the grade further then that's cool and also an option.

Currently just trying to get in as much practice as I can with all of my subjects, hopefully it pays off :wink:
Woop woop! I'm back on track with my 'grow your grades' blog :biggrin: ~ Apologies for hiatus :smile:
[scrollr]:bl:Good[/scrollr][scrollr]luck:bl:[/scrollr]
[scroll]:banana:w[/scroll][scroll]ith:banana:[/scroll]
[scrollr]:banana2:[/scrollr][scrollr]y[/scrollr][scrollr]our:banana2:[/scrollr]
[scroll]:bl:[/scroll][scroll]e[/scroll][scroll]xams:bl:[/scroll]

[scrollr]:banana::banana2:[/scrollr][scrollr]e[/scrollr][scrollr]veryone!!:banana::banana2:[/scrollr]

:eek3: Sorry this is a biut late but the past couple of days have been crazy! :eek3:
Well... that didn't work
How do I start a blog?
Well... that didn't work

is it too late for me to start a grow your grades blog??

Latest

Trending

Trending