The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midlander
A lot of it is from footballing Scrooges like myself who think it's a joke that clubs like Bournemouth and Burnley get to be in the PL.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is it a joke? This is the best team in Bournemouth history, they've scored the highest amount of Championship goals in a season ever bar one, and they've been frighteningly consistent and energetic under Howe's guidance.
Original post by Mackay
Why is it a joke? This is the best team in Bournemouth history, they've scored the highest amount of Championship goals in a season ever bar one, and they've been frighteningly consistent and energetic under Howe's guidance.

It's not a joke because it's undeserved, it's a joke because it's...Bournemouth for crying out loud. As I said I'd probably be less bitter if my own team didn't have the prospect of League 2 football next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Probably the second best of the season, behind WBA's now infamous Fellaini one.
Fully deserved for Bournemouth, and so heartening after all they have been through from being almost out of the football league and nearly out of business, for them now to be in the Premier League.
Rotherham win tonight & have relegated Millwall & Wigan! All eyes to the Championship playoffs & League One relegation.
Original post by joddcfc
Made up that Chesterfield have secured a play off place.

So, the final day of all leagues should be interesting:

Championship Title- 1 of 2: Watford, Bournemouth

Championship Play Offs - 2 of 4: Ipswich, Derby, Brentford, Wolves

League One Promotion
- 1 of 2: Preston, MK Dons

League One Relegation - 3 of 6: Coventry, Crewe, Notts County, Crawley, Leyton Orient, Colchester

League Two Title
- 1 of 2: Burton, Shrewsbury

League Two Promotion
- 1 of 3: Southend, Bury, Wycombe

Great end to the season in all leagues - not often that over a quarter (19 out of 72) Football League clubs go into the last game with something to play for. Would have been more if Bournemouth and Rotherham not won yesterday and today.

Hope I've got the above right - correct me if not!

Edited due to Bournemouth and Rotherham winning.
(edited 8 years ago)
Colchester draw with Swindon, who's wheels are falling well and truly off as they reach the play-off semi-finals.
Original post by Mackay
Colchester draw with Swindon, who's wheels are falling well and truly off as they reach the play-off semi-finals.

I look at the bottom 4 and just cannot believe we couldn't manage a draw against Crewe. I have a nasty feeling that Notts and Crewe will win their games.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
I look at the bottom 4 and just cannot believe we couldn't manage a draw against Crewe. I have a nasty feeling that Notts and Crewe will win their games.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In other glum news, Baker's been named MK Dons' player of the year.
Original post by Mackay
In other glum news, Baker's been named MK Dons' player of the year.

Not good enough for Pressley though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll be gobsmacked if either of Leyton Orient or Colchester manage to survive on Sunday.
Well the sell out Millwall crowd coming to The Mol on Saturday isn't going to end badly..
Evans' 'bottle' jibe towards Millwall is brilliant.
Original post by darkred
x

Welcoming new Birmingham fan, darkred.

Original post by TornadoGR4
Welcoming new Birmingham fan, darkred.

Thank you TornadoGR4. I look forward to forumming with you all!!
Welcome darkred!
So Derby v Reading & Blackburn v Ipswich make TV. I really have no faith in Reading but that's the game I'm going to start by watching, hoping for the first time in existence that I can thank the many Reading fans I know for them not being incompetent, doubt it though.
I'm new here and, as a Wolves fan, would just like to ask everyone this: Which two teams will make the playoffs out of Derby, Ipswich, Brentford and Wolves?
I'm going for Ipswich and Wolves (No bias here!)
Seriously, though, Derby are wobbling and we've got potentially the best striker in the Championship (although Daryl Murphy might have something to say to that).
And who do you think will get promoted through the playoffs? Again, Wolves for me...
Original post by jakesidhu
I'm new here and, as a Wolves fan, would just like to ask everyone this: Which two teams will make the playoffs out of Derby, Ipswich, Brentford and Wolves?
I'm going for Ipswich and Wolves (No bias here!)
Seriously, though, Derby are wobbling and we've got potentially the best striker in the Championship (although Daryl Murphy might have something to say to that).
And who do you think will get promoted through the playoffs? Again, Wolves for me...

Absolutely love it! A positive Wolf! Predicting Ipswich & Derby, possibly with each team finishing on 78, also predicting that the Millwall scum will try and cause havoc at The Mol on Sat.

Quick Reply

Latest