The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James A
goodness me, I was like two threads behind :laugh:

hey everyone :biggrin:

Hi stranger :hi:

Original post by rayquaza17
I'm picking my modules for next year tomorrow. :eek:

Hopefully I get the ones I want and then I won't have to do any statistics next year, the year after, or ever again in my life. :biggrin:

As long as I get the modules I want I'll never have to hear about plants or genetics again :woo: hope you get the modules you want :smile:

Original post by LeaX
are there any other students struggling to revise lol? at a-level i would be doing 6+ hours everyday for 1-2 months before exams, now i'm at uni and my exams are in 3-4 weeks i'm averaging an hour a day, this is not like me

I'm strugging massively! not helped by the fact I had a deadline on Monday and moving house over Easter :sad: my exams are in a fortnight and I'm terrified yet have so little motivation :sigh:
Bad marks always bring you down :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Psyc_Girl
Bad marks always bring you down :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs:
ahh so tired. I've been working on an essay and it's interesting but I can't do any justice to the question. I should probably refrain from judging my own work but it's complete rubbish and I don't know what to change bar starting again
Got the essay done in the end thankfully. Now got to start my dissertation...
Original post by lilGem

As long as I get the modules I want I'll never have to hear about plants or genetics again :woo: hope you get the modules you want :smile:

Thanks, I hope you get yours sorted too! :smile:
Dissertation bound and beautiful!
When you find that one person... :suith:
I was told that most of the topics I was struggling with will not be in the final exams! :woo: There's still one topic which I need clarifying from the lecturer.
Really lacking motivation to revise :frown:
Keep telling myself that all my exams will be over in a month's time, just really need to get my revision into full swing, a month goes by very quickly anyway :yep: :eek:
Original post by Psyc_Girl
Really lacking motivation to revise :frown:

One thing that I've recently started using, is setting a countdown on my phone for 8, 10 or 15 minutes (or longer depending upon what you're actually doing) and then just working intensively for those minutes. It's called the pomodoro technique and originally I used 20 minutes but I find 8 minutes works better for me as that's hardly anything :redface:
Bored of revision already :frown:

Damn you second year exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shorttstuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

Long time!

How are you? :h:
Hey guys, saw this and thought I'd join in(let me know if I'm in the wrong place).

I was always crap at revising/studying/working at school and was a last minute girl(still am really). And then this year I decided to study graduate entry medicine. Second lot of exams coming up, a incomprehensible amount of stuff to revise and I have zero motivation or energy to do it. Managing to do a bit each day but so far behind.

Before this I did nursing, so I'm used to just going out and doing the job and learning that way. I'm not cut out for intense studying :frown:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ForestCat
Hey guys, saw this and thought I'd join in(let me know if I'm in the wrong place).

I was always crap at revising/studying/working at school and was a last minute girl(still am really). And then this year I decided to study graduate entry medicine. Second lot of exams coming up, a incomprehensible amount of stuff to revise and I have zero motivation or energy to do it. Managing to do a bit each day but so far behind.

Before this I did nursing, so I'm used to just going out and doing the job and learning that way. I'm not cut out for intense studying :frown:
Posted from TSR Mobile

:wavey: Hello Stranger :tongue:

Nope, you're in the right place :ahee:
Original post by ForestCat

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not alone. For some reason I'm really struggling with motivation to revise for my masters exams; I wasn't at all like this at undergrad :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shorttstuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know how you feel, there's still 3 weeks left until my exams begin and I just can't be bothered, at least I've sorted out my third year project. I'm doing it on distortion of audio signals by using fourier series. :biggrin:
Original post by MathsNerd1
I know how you feel, there's still 3 weeks left until my exams begin and I just can't be bothered, at least I've sorted out my third year project. I'm doing it on distortion of audio signals by using fourier series. :biggrin:

THat's quite cool :ahee: PDEs :ahee:
Original post by Slowbro93
THat's quite cool :ahee: PDEs :ahee:

Indeed!

Quick Reply

Latest