The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham 2015 Entry?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by N Kay
Hi guys I tried applying for accommodation but it says it's not my firm choice so I can't apply... Why is that? What happens if I end up going to my insurance? Do they just put me anywhere?

Posted from The Student's Room iPhone/iPad App

Accommodation is reserved for firm offer holders, I'm afraid.

Insurance offer holders will be placed in any available rooms or maybe not at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1361
Original post by Princepieman

Insurance offer holders will be placed in any available rooms or maybe not at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay, thanks :l

Posted from The Student's Room iPhone/iPad App
Hi any student who applied for msc in management and supply chain management at NTU :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean by insurance offer holders may not be placed in any rooms at all? Where would we apply then?
Original post by lionelmessi19
What do you mean by insurance offer holders may not be placed in any rooms at all? Where would we apply then?

Private housing?

That's worst case scenario anyway, the likelihood of it happening is slim.
Private housing?

That's worst case scenario anyway, the likelihood of it happening is slim.

Oh ok! I see.. Thanks for that :smile:
Has anyone else firmed Nottingham over the more 'prestigious' Universities e.g Warwick, Bristol, LSE, UCL, KCL etc.
How secure/confident do you feel with your decision?
Original post by Tanisa97
Has anyone else firmed Nottingham over the more 'prestigious' Universities e.g Warwick, Bristol, LSE, UCL, KCL etc.
How secure/confident do you feel with your decision?

I firmed Notts over UCL. I do regret it lol, oh well nothing i can do now. I'm going to just hope for adjustment but im happy with notts. I insured KCL though.
Original post by ThatGuyRik
I firmed Notts over UCL. I do regret it lol, oh well nothing i can do now. I'm going to just hope for adjustment but im happy with notts. I insured KCL though.

Depend if you're into white or Asian girls

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mate, UCL is balls for engineering though. Chill out son.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mate, UCL is balls for engineering though. Chill out son.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True but I'd take chemistry if they gave it too me.

You filled out residential forms yet?
True but I'd take chemistry if they gave it too me.

You filled out residential forms yet?

Nope, not yet man. I'll get on it after exams - last one is the 22nd of May.

I firmed Notts over Bristol and Warwick for Law. I felt like it gave me the advantage of a campus university which is not detached from the city plus a stellar department. I am happy with my decision and definitely plan to go there but can't stop being doubtful sometimes, especially when people gloat about how prestigious Warwick and Bristol are and their league table rankings. :tongue:

daym i don't even start till June- last ones 23rd june.

You doing IB? Good luck anyway im sure youll be fine!

How quickly do we need to do the residential forms? (Ancaster)
I firmed Notts over Bristol and Warwick for Law. I felt like it gave me the advantage of a campus university which is not detached from the city plus a stellar department. I am happy with my decision and definitely plan to go there but can't stop being doubtful sometimes, especially when people gloat about how prestigious Warwick and Bristol are and their league table rankings. :tongue:

**** Warwick and Bristol. Law at Nottingham is brilliant!

Notts law is more prestigious than Warwick's though..

Posted from TSR Mobile
daym i don't even start till June- last ones 23rd june.

You doing IB? Good luck anyway im sure youll be fine!

Scottish Quals man, results day is the 5th of August as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Scottish Quals man, results day is the 5th of August as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh yeah your in Aberdeen forgot. Dam thats really early!
**** Warwick and Bristol. Law at Nottingham is brilliant!

Thanks and I hope that come results day you're more confident with your decision.

Notts law is more prestigious than Warwick's though..
Posted from TSR Mobile

I realize that but being an international student, I always seem to have to justify my decision over Warwick because of its overall prestige. Most of the older people I know have never even heard of Bristol or even UCL or KCL before but rave about Warwick. Looking at this now, they're probably misinformed but it does cause some doubt...
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending