Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1020
Original post by Fran10
Congratulations, you so deserve it!������

Thank you so much fran10!
Reply 1021
Original post by Fran10
Just got rejected from Magee absolutely devasted, although I'm only 17 so just going to pick up the pieces and apply next year:frown:

Apply again you will get it!!
Original post by mmq02
Jsut went on to check after reading these and i got offers for the 3 year and 2 year at ulster, im actually in shock!!!

congratulations!! :smile:
Reply 1023
Original post by Nicoh88
congratulations!! :smile:

Thank you! have you heard back yet?
For all those who haven't got an offer it isn't the end of the road. I got offered a place last year near the end of August as I was on the reserve list. I had given up on getting a place that year! Talking to people on my course, two year grad route, loads of people didn't find out until August even after being rejected initially! Don't give up!
Original post by Beksky89
For all those who haven't got an offer it isn't the end of the road. I got offered a place last year near the end of August as I was on the reserve list. I had given up on getting a place that year! Talking to people on my course, two year grad route, loads of people didn't find out until August even after being rejected initially! Don't give up!

How did you find out you where on the waiting list?
Really? How do we find this out?
Reply 1027
You get a letter if you are on the waiting list. When i first applied from my a levels at 18 i got an offer for the waiting list via post!
Original post by mmq02
You get a letter if you are on the waiting list. When i first applied from my a levels at 18 i got an offer for the waiting list via post!

Okay thanks! Hopefully I get put on the waiting list, fingers crossed
I think I called queens and asked if I was on the waiting list. From what I remember I was told i had little to no chance of getting a place as the number of applicants was very high.
I didn't get a letter to say I was on any list. It was a total shock when I found out I got in!
Reply 1031
I really hope so!! but Fran just wanted to say, I didn't get in when I was 17 and i was gutted. But i went and did early chilldhood studies at stranmillis, and found it amazing and such good experience. I turned down..(stupidly maybe haha!) my place on the waiting list for queens as they said you have to turn down all offers before you can go on the waiting list, and for me that was a risk, as there isn't a definite that someone will drop out! so i went with stran as my second choice.

But honestly if you dont get on the list, and have to apply again honestly do not be too disappointed, as you will get to where you want, because you know thats what you want to do! xxxxx
Original post by Nicoh88
Oh no Andrea I'm so sorry to hear that 😢 have u applied to queens?x

im so sorry andrea but just keep applying youl get it next time
xx
I only applied to UU for 2yrs which was stupid but il not give up lol...really delighted for u all :wink: xx
I'm ringing tomorrow about feed back and list lol x
Original post by mmq02
I really hope so!! but Fran just wanted to say, I didn't get in when I was 17 and i was gutted. But i went and did early chilldhood studies at stranmillis, and found it amazing and such good experience. I turned down..(stupidly maybe haha!) my place on the waiting list for queens as they said you have to turn down all offers before you can go on the waiting list, and for me that was a risk, as there isn't a definite that someone will drop out! so i went with stran as my second choice.

But honestly if you dont get on the list, and have to apply again honestly do not be too disappointed, as you will get to where you want, because you know thats what you want to do! xxxxx

Thank you so much! That really helped loads, I'm going to maybe apply through clearing and then just go to university for the opportunity, I shared my information with queens and Magee, magee only rejected me today but I think as queens have higher grade points their standards will probably be much higher! Although I'll just apply next year and get more experience x
Fran10 do not give up :smile: im 33 this year an aint giving up lol...we'll help each other for next year!! X
Reply 1037
You could still get an offer from queens!! You never know! ulster just usually let people know first.

My degree was great as it combined teaching with like working with children and families, and I had social work modules and very relevant modules throughout, so if you ever consider doing it, let me know! It was a bit more based on education that what I wanted, but still a great degree, and you get a two placements per year so you get a lot of experience:smile:
Reply 1038
Andrea33 you deserve a place keep applying you will get one!!
Aw thanku :wink: wish I could do that interview again but if its not meant to be this year then il give it ago again next year :smile: in the meantime il keep my options open en if it means continuing on wit my voluntary work then so be it lol x

Quick Reply

Latest