The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Anyone from the North West heard back yet about going to the assessment centre....?
Original post by crhiannw
Anyone from the North West heard back yet about going to the assessment centre....?

Im in Manchester and got an invite to the assessment centre last week for operational delivery and the fast track scheme. I've got one Friday and the following Tuesday so you should hear something soon ; )
Original post by crhiannw

nope unfortunately not yet, all hope isn't lost yet they're doing loads of interviews these next few weeks/months apparently I'm wandering if i bombed the exams now though lol
Reply 143
Just received an invitation to the assessment centre a few hours ago, however when I go to book the interview its just saying that they are no slots available. Anyone else having issues with this? Going to contact them about it now.
Had mine earlier today in Leeds, was told there are 850 places with just over eighteen hundred invites to the centres. Best of luck.
As for the no slots thing, just wait until the next day, many people are having the same problem.
Original post by Dazman0106
Had mine earlier today in Leeds, was told there are 850 places with just over eighteen hundred invites to the centres. Best of luck.

Do you mean 450 places? I was told there are 450 places available but 850 sounds much better!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 147
Original post by samorenstein
I've done the assessment day already and in my interview they mentioned the competences and that I was supposed to have received them. So if you can find them online that would probably be best.

I recently got my invite, but not any sort of attachments, do you know what we are supposed to bring in for the assessment?
Reply 148
Original post by samorenstein
They were pretty simple. On the numerical reasoning it was really just figuring out percentages from graphs and the verbal reasoning was just a comprehension from a couple articles.

For anyone who went to an assessment day today, how was it and what was involved?

For the exam part in the assessment centre, was it at all numerical or verbal reasoning or are you speaking about the online tests?
Still not heard a thing, it did say I would know whether I'm getting an invite to an assessment centre by the end of April so still a couple more days. I'd rather get an email sooner rather than later whatever the decision, the waits getting to me now!
Original post by rafanadal
Do you mean 450 places? I was told there are 450 places available but 850 sounds much better!
Yes, definitely 850, the guy that was running our assessment centre was giving us numbers. I remember him also specifically saying it's preety much a 1 in 2 chance. The group activity amd interview were good but the written exercise was challenging.
Yes, definitely 850, the guy that was running our assessment centre was giving us numbers. I remember him also specifically saying it's preety much a 1 in 2 chance. The group activity amd interview were good but the written exercise was challenging.

Ooooh brilliant! Yeah I found that it was the same for me. We're assessed across all three of them tho so fingers crossed! Good luck!
Have you applied to do your apprenticeship in London? Because I've also just received an application to the assessment centre there, but I'm 99% sure I applied to do mine in Bristol.. Not sure if theres been a mistake or if all finance applicants have theirs in London?
Original post by Ang011295
I've got an interview for the 27th, midday, down in London for a finance apprenticeship. Anybody else going down on the day?xx

Have you applied to do your apprenticeship in London? Because I've also just received an invitation to the assessment centre there, but I'm 99% sure I applied to do mine in Bristol.. Not sure if theres been a mistake or if all finance applicants have theirs in London? So confused!!!!
Reply 154

Hi, I was just wondering how long roughly the day is? Mine starts at 9am, what time do you reckon I should finish? Thanks
Finally heard back, have my assessment on 12th May!
Just heard back, assessment on the 6th on parliament street. Can anyone who's done the written exercise if there was an option to word process it? If not do you think they would permit me to do so if I contact them about it in advance, I usually do in exams. :confused:
Reply 157
Just booked a date for the assessment centre, May 13th at the Newcastle Job Centre, anyone else going on this date?
Original post by lolsl1
Hi, I was just wondering how long roughly the day is? Mine starts at 9am, what time do you reckon I should finish? Thanks
Hi, the 9am session finishes for 12:30, best of luck.
Reply 159
Original post by Miyata
Should I bring calculator for the written exercise?

I know obviously you are not allowed to discuss it but I just asking about general things - is it an essay based, or many different logic question, problem solving?

Also, how long was the interview part? 30min roughly? and I heard written test is 45 minutes, so is the rest 2 hours a group exercise?

They provide you with a calculator, the written task is more logical than anything else.

The interview is roughly 45 minutes, but it depends how much detail you go into - it could be 20/30 depending on the length of your answers. The group task was about 1 hour long.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending