The Student Room Group

do you ever have strange dreams

that repeat themselves?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

what happens in them?

I have quite a few which keep reoccurring like I'm walking down a spiral staircase and then the stairs disappear and I fall into a darkness and then I wake up! Creepy.
Reply 3
Original post by SuckMeBeautiful
what happens in them?

I have quite a few which keep reoccurring like I'm walking down a spiral staircase and then the stairs disappear and I fall into a darkness and then I wake up! Creepy.

Like I'm trapped in something, then I realise I'm dreaming so I wake up. But I'm still stuck in the thing and so on....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Falling.

Always.

I don't seem to stop falling...
that repeat themselves?

I have a dream interpretation book, some sort of heirloom in my family. Tell me what the recurring dream is. It's normally very simple but profound as well.
I had some weird reoccuring dreams where me and a girl (different everytime) were looking for a place to screw, everytime we found a suitable place the dream just ended. Frustrating as hell.
Yup.
All.The.Time.
I also know that I'm dreaming in the dream.
Original post by AdamCee
Falling.

Always.

I don't seem to stop falling...

in loveeeee :lovedup:

Sorry I couldn't help it
Original post by Andy98
Like I'm trapped in something, then I realise I'm dreaming so I wake up. But I'm still stuck in the thing and so on....

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is common. You are either stifled in a relationship, a tradition; insecure in your progress at school, or your image; stuck in bad but old habits; overall, you feel insecure or powerless about something at the moment in your life when you had the dream.

There are also dreams about walking home on an unrealistically narrow path like high up or a rocky bridge, or the feeling you'll fall while walking. This indicates you're unsure about your progress in life, where to go, what to be, how to be, how to go about these things...

What else do you dream about? :smile:
I have a repeating dream where I get my head bashed off a doorframe over and over. I wake up and automatically check for blood every time, sometimes I wake up sobbing my eyes out. They're so bloody realistic :redface: idk who has a grip on my hair in them, I wish I did though.
Reply 11
Several years ago I used to have dreams that I was either dating or married to a guy I knew (who I was neither attracted to nor particularly liked) which went on for a few months. I also often have dreams that I'm back at school but I'm my current age.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG same! it happens once every 2 months tho.. i'm being held by something and i'm trying to break free and it doesnt happen until i wake up
Yes

Mostly about sharks

Don't ask :cool:
I keep having this weird reoccurring dream of my alarm clock turning into a ghost :eek:
Original post by NaTaLiiA513
Yup.
All.The.Time.
I also know that I'm dreaming in the dream.

Those are called lucid dreams. Many people want to have these dreams but instead end up having the dream follow its own weird course and wake up either confused or apathetic about their dream. The dream is a powerful state of mind when the body is so at rest that the brain can freely conjure its own images. To lucid dream is to be able to still control the brain while asleep and allow yourself to do things in the dream. I have lucid dreams more and more as I get older because as a kid I would be unable to wake up while frantically trying to wake, and panicking that I would never wake up. Lucid dreams are awesome and allow for (or happen because of) extreme self awareness.
Nothing creepy but I usually have dreams about being in the underground, tubes and the escalators in the underground.
Anyone has any idea of what this may symbolise?
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
OMG same! it happens once every 2 months tho.. i'm being held by something and i'm trying to break free and it doesnt happen until i wake up

I provided an explanation to Andy about the Trap dreams if you're curious :smile:
that repeat themselves?

I have recurring dreams about real life events...like days out, exams and whatnot.
I do have really odd ones though where fantasy and reality collide...basically, someone should buy the rights of my dream diary and make it into a film. :') Unfortunately, they're always a one-off!
Original post by CherelleFairuz
Nothing creepy but I usually have dreams about being in the underground, tubes and the escalators in the underground.
Anyone has any idea of what this may symbolise?

I have those dreams most of all these days, where something odd happens in the tube underground.

Are you going up or down the escalator? Important...

Quick Reply

Latest