The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DorianGrayism
Lol. Yeh. They kept the body hidden for a 25 days and hired a car, then put the body in there and got rid of the body and no one noticed. That makes sense.

You're making no sense frankly.

The body would of been disposed of soon after the crime, the point being the residue was still lingering despite being cleaned or whatever. Also I said it was suspicious, not that I whole heartedly believe they murdered her.

Don't be so naive.
Original post by plasmaman
Its also bizarre that they never faced criticism for the fact that they neglected their children - left them alone in an apartment whilst they were boozing it up with their friends in a restaurant

They were middle class and white, the public would have turned on the media if the pair were ever criticised.
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
You're making no sense frankly.

The body would of been disposed of soon after the crime, the point being the residue was still lingering despite being cleaned or whatever. Also I said it was suspicious, not that I whole heartedly believe they murdered her.

Don't be so naive.

The Car which the "scent of death" was found in, was hired 25 days after the disappearance.

Therefore, they need to have kept the body for at least 25 days before transporting it in the car.

You can either say that the Dogs found a scent of death or they got rid of the body immediately. You cannot have both.
(edited 8 years ago)
If you think the McCanns killed her you really are a tin-foil hatted moron.
Isn't she like 12/13 now? She'll look different, probably won't even remember what happened and who knows, she might even be living her life currently under a different name.
Original post by Thomson2013
With Madeleine McCann's parents now back in the news over a suing involving an ex-police chief involving £427000 of fines (Including interest) the whole conspiracy and story behind the case is back in my mind.

So I've opened up this topic to hear your guys opinions of the matter, as a student of Law myself it would be interesting to read your opinions and add them into my blog.

Some possible questions:

- Should her parents be liable to failing to provide an omission of care?
- Does their story add up?
- Does the evidence found at the scene of the incident point directly to an abduction?
- Why do the public provide sympathy for the parents as it was partially their doing as they decided to leave her unattended?
- What do you make of the Police Chief's claims of her parents accidentally murdering their daughter and using the abduction as a cover up?

Where ever she is I hope she is safe and if her time already came then she will be safer:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
Remember that photo where they showed her having dark skin? wtf was with that

She'd surely be indoors away from the public not out sun bathing and nobody gets that much a tan it looked like she had a race change.
One has to question how many times the McCann's are taking things to court and winning settlements. Are they living off this money or is it being put towards the effort to find Madeline - or put towards their other children?
Original post by Roving Fish
One has to question how many times the McCann's are taking things to court and winning settlements. Are they living off this money or is it being put towards the effort to find Madeline - or put towards their other children?

That's a very valid point and one which I became suspicious of.
I think that the parents were selfish and negligent for leaving her alone especially in a foreign country. If leaving children alone in the country it happened is illegal etc then they should be done for that. I don't believe/trust anything they say and they look suspicious especially when first saw the vids they did when first happened. They are doctors so more than likely od the brat on pills accidently or had bad reaction to the pills just so they could go out and enjoy themselves. Then made up story of must have been taken to try distract everyone from the fact they left the brat alone and more than likely killed it.

It could have happened a day or two before and did this as a cover up by saying left her alone and went enjoyed themselves came back and poof brat gone must have been taken when all along they took her body somewhere yet to be found. From what I have seen over the years is that when a brat goes missing it is always down to parents or family killing them, there was one a few years ago where brat went missing found the body in the parents or grandparents place after getting loads of donations to help fund finding her.

The one suspicious thing is that they got lots of money and a hell of a lot of air time and that is just for one brat. The amount of people - adults and brats that go missing don't get any air time.

I have to agree with you
I hope Madeleine McCann is alive and well, I don't think she is though. I feel sorry for the parents, they arn't to blame in my opinion.
Reply 32
How do you explain leaving your children at home for a booze and not getting charged for neglect? Red flag IMO.

They've spent a tonne of money hiring private investigators so I think it's a justified case. They're doctors so I don't think they need this money to live off unless they've spent it all on the investigation.

Also to the other points- it's impossible that she died before because an independent witness saw her at 6pm that day. There's lots of evidence to suggest she was carried away by a man which I think is a very likely explanation, I'm particularly interested in whether this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10707647/Madeleine-McCann-hunt-for-man-who-sexually-assaulted-five-British-girls-in-Algarve.html has anything to do with it (although I sincerely hope not because it means Madeline suffered a horrible fate).
I think the parents were irresponsible but I understand they probably thought it'd be ok because they were so close by and mistakes happen so it's unfair to pass judgement.
Original post by Jodie99
They've spent a tonne of money hiring private investigators so I think it's a justified case. They're doctors so I don't think they need this money to live off unless they've spent it all on the investigation.

Also to the other points- it's impossible that she died before because an independent witness saw her at 6pm that day. There's lots of evidence to suggest she was carried away by a man which I think is a very likely explanation, I'm particularly interested in whether this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10707647/Madeleine-McCann-hunt-for-man-who-sexually-assaulted-five-British-girls-in-Algarve.html has anything to do with it (although I sincerely hope not because it means Madeline suffered a horrible fate).
I think the parents were irresponsible but I understand they probably thought it'd be ok because they were so close by and mistakes happen so it's unfair to pass judgement.

It's never okay to leave your children in a hotel room whilst you go out on the lash, NEVER.

It's a mistake that caused the possible death of an innocent 3 year old daughter.
terrible parents.
Original post by Jodie99

It's dependent on whether they've gone back to work since or not?

Edit: Had a Google for Gerry McCann and looks like he's been working for the University of Leicester for a while.

I'd hope they use the money from the court cases to go into the PIs tho.
It's never okay to leave your children in a hotel room whilst you go out on the lash, NEVER.

It's a mistake that caused the possible death of an innocent 3 year old daughter.

I suppose you're right, it's not acceptable at all. Even if nobody had abducted Madeline she could've had a nightmare and woken up in the night to find an empty, scary unfamiliar apartment and her siblings were very young so could've become ill in the night. I just feel bad for them because they didn't have bad intentions and they seem to have been trying to make up for it ever since. I think their own guilt is probably enough.

- Should her parents be liable to failing to provide an omission of care?

They should, but they never will.

- Does their story add up?
- Does the evidence found at the scene of the incident point directly to an abduction?

To me it doesn't ring true. There are far too many discrepancies. The fact that some of the tapas 7 (or whatever) changed their stories just make me feel like they had thought out the plan, but inevitably slipped up.

Gerry McCann comes across a sociopath ... he's calm, cold and collected. I don't think I've ever seen him cry real tears. It also seems he has Kate on a leash.

To be "delighted" (http://news.sky.com/story/1473806/mccanns-delighted-with-433k-libel-victory) about money you're getting feels weird. I wouldn't be "delighted" until I found closure.

- Why do the public provide sympathy for the parents as it was partially their doing as they decided to leave her unattended?

No one wants to lose a child, no one wants to go through the process the McCanns went through. I think most people actually believe their story.
- What do you make of the Police Chief's claims of her parents accidentally murdering their daughter and using the abduction as a cover up?
I really don't know what to think about it ... Some of the things he said were indeed horrible ... but a lot of it rings true. I've done quite a fair bit of research on her disappearance, and a lot of the evidence points towards the parents.
Original post by driftawaay

I do feel horrible for her parents though and people who are accusing them of murdering her are absolute pricks.

Charming.

Latest

Trending

Trending