The Student Room Group

HMRC - Customer Service consultant

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I tried David But a lady answered. I was told the same thing and still haven't heard back. Let's hope something good comes on or before Friday. It's taking too long and it's becoming annoying!
Reply 41
Original post by ryan.m
Has anyone who went for the interview for the permanent Glasgow based job heard anything back? I know there was a temp East Kilbride job advertised before the one I've went for

I had my interview on 12th of March and as yet I've heard nothing. Tried phoning the two applicant contacts on the vacancy but both just rang out. Is there an email address I could contact?

Ryan.m my provisional offer was for the permanent Glasgow position. I only received an email on Friday.
Reply 42
Ok, hopefully I hear back soon. The wait has been a killer
Reply 43
Hey guys. I have an interview tomorrow at the Llanishen branch. Any tips you can give me? I've been told that there are two exams, followed by a 15 minute interview. What sort of questions can I expect?
Thanks in advance.
Dave
Hello

I have an interview for this tomorrow too, in Dundee. I am also wondering if anyone could give any tips on what sort of questions are asked? and how they are framed?

Jon
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 45
Just had my interview. The tests were simple. There was a basic numeracy test and then a mini 'essay' where you wrote what items you'd take (from a list) in a survival situation and why (there are no wrong answers, they're just looking at your writing ability).
The interview was pretty straightforward. They gave me two scenarios and asked me how I would approach them. The first was what I'd do if a customer phoned me and told me they only had 5 minutes of credit on their phone. The second scenario was what I would do if a customers problem was too complicated for myself (seek help from a colleague/supervisor etc).
Hope this helps someone.
(edited 8 years ago)
Got an interview with HMRC Monday morning. my question is the tests are the maths and english baisic or should I prepare
Reply 47
I wouldn't worry about preparing for the tests, focus on the interview. The tests are very basic. Good luck for Monday.
Thank you just I had an interview with another company this week service based and the maths test was awful any pointers for the interview
Reply 49
When talking through the scenarios, make sure you hit key points like 'I would do this in a timely manner', 'clearly explain the situation to the customer' and 'get all of the information necessary to make objective decisions'. Take a look at the 'civil service competence framework' (it should have been sent to you, if not give it a google). It basically lays out the sort of things they're looking for and should help you with your answers.
The interview ends with them asking if you have any questions, it's always a good idea to have one or two.
Reply 50
Thanks! I'm pretty sure I filled the DSB in at the interview so I guess now it's just another waiting game!
Well guys, I had the interview at benton park this morning my word iv went past airports with far less security lol. but have to say it was a quick interview bit different from the norm for myself but hit the key points just the waiting game of hearing back, many thanks for the pointers
So has anybody heard anything else from HMRC?

I got a phone call at the end of last week to ask if I'd rather work in East Kilbride or Glasgow, however I haven't heard anything since that call and still haven't been given health forms etc.
Had my interview with HMRC Monday and they called yesterday offering me employment so I am happy overall quick response
Reply 54
Original post by ryan.m
Has anyone who went for the interview for the permanent Glasgow based job heard anything back? I know there was a temp East Kilbride job advertised before the one I've went for

I had my interview on 12th of March and as yet I've heard nothing. Tried phoning the two applicant contacts on the vacancy but both just rang out. Is there an email address I could contact?

i went ent for an interview on the 10th of fe bat glasgow office and only heard on the 10th of April that I had a provisional offer.. I'm going crazy waiting around because I don't want to accept any other job offers in the meantime in case I get this job.. I emailed hr recruitment the other day asking about my application progress and if any references or check have been done and they said due to the high volume of interest in the role the pre employment checks are taking longer than anticipated and they will be contacting candidates in due course.. :frown:
Hey guys wonder if anyone can help me/advise me on their experience. I was just offered the customer service consultant job at HMRC East Kilbride however my start date and two weeks training clash with one of my exams and my holidays. Have they worked around anyone? Adding another date later on for training since they have only gave me 3 weeks notice to start! What if I had to give my current work 4 weeks notice
Original post by RebeccaMckechan
Hey guys wonder if anyone can help me/advise me on their experience. I was just offered the customer service consultant job at HMRC East Kilbride however my start date and two weeks training clash with one of my exams and my holidays. Have they worked around anyone? Adding another date later on for training since they have only gave me 3 weeks notice to start! What if I had to give my current work 4 weeks notice

I'm still waiting on a start date so don't know for sure, but I was told that you have to commit to full attendance during the training period. It did say that if you were given a start date which you can't make, then you are able to refuse it and start in the next wave of recruitment. Best to call them and see what they say though.
Original post by Patriot12
I'm still waiting on a start date so don't know for sure, but I was told that you have to commit to full attendance during the training period. It did say that if you were given a start date which you can't make, then you are able to refuse it and start in the next wave of recruitment. Best to call them and see what they say though.

The three dates they have gave me are 11th ,18th and 26th of May. My exams start on the 13th , finish on the 20th and I go on holiday on the 26th so none of them are use to me 😫😟 I was hoping the next wave of recruitment would be a couple of weeks on not the next week! I might phone again ask if there's training at different offices at different times il travel! Hope u hear back soon.
Original post by RebeccaMckechan
The three dates they have gave me are 11th ,18th and 26th of May. My exams start on the 13th , finish on the 20th and I go on holiday on the 26th so none of them are use to me ������������ I was hoping the next wave of recruitment would be a couple of weeks on not the next week! I might phone again ask if there's training at different offices at different times il travel! Hope u hear back soon.

Aww, that's frustrating! It's worth calling them to see what they say - there was a contact number for EK on the original advertisement and they were quite helpful when I phoned. You may be able to do training in Glasgow, or else they may have more start dates in June/July time.

Can I ask, when did your pre-employment checks get completed? Also, did you have to send them a copy of your disclosure certificate? I was told I didn't have to send it - then got an email saying I should scan and email it to them - I just seem to be going round in circles. :s-smilie:
Reply 59
Hi has anyone heard anything about the vacancies at the glasgow office?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending