The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Rakas21
Just an article i remember reading. Should be easy for you to find a number if you desire to.

I've found serveral, it's not an easy thing to measure, your figure seemed quite precise, thought you must have it to hand.
VERY interesting video about body the McCann's body language. Well worth the watch if you still think they're not hiding anything.

[video="youtube;ItxJ6LuhStY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItxJ6LuhStY[/video]
I know a guy who has a (to put it in a more simple manner) belief that Madeleine is living with a rich family in Spain (I think they said Spain, not sure though).
Original post by VotreAltesse
VERY interesting video about body the McCann's body language. Well worth the watch if you still think they're not hiding anything.

[video="youtube;ItxJ6LuhStY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItxJ6LuhStY[/video]

it is horrifying that you are eligible for jury duty.
Original post by the bear

Don't be an ass.

These are proven psychological cues of lying.
I don't know whether they were really involved or not, but they left three very young kids alone, so they are partly to blame.
Don't be an ass.

Psychology is at best a pseudo-science, at worst downright charlatanry.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Try replying to my point instead of creating 3 irrelevant posts.

Sniffer dogs do not solve cases. Humans do. That is why the evidence is evaluated using common sense.

You are just making things up to fit the facts. There is no evidence that they disposed of the body. Kept the clothes for 25 days and then disposed or kept the clothes.

Exactly is not an answer. As I said before, the Sniffer Dogs do not trump common sense.

That is why the British Police ignored it.

What is he making up? It's called a hypothesis. Dogs are reliable enough for the police to use them regularly, but they are not 100% accurate, obviously, mistakes can always be made.

I should hope the police used more than common sense to investigate this case, or it is no surprised they failed in their efforts. Speaking of which, you are acting like the police are incorruptible and infallible, which is an odd thought.

And don't forget, not all 'humans' have 'common sense'.
Cough Cough :poke: :u:

Edit: I just remembered, the police didn't ignore it, the parents were suspects for a long time.

hehehe ermm not sure what speach is tho'

Short for special peach.

Psychology is at best a pseudo-science, at worst downright charlatanry.

I think your thinking of Telepathy.
(edited 8 years ago)

I agree.

Don't be an ass.

Please stop typing. These are not 'proven' psychological cues of lying, that's ridiculous. It's stupid and insensitive to add insult to injury by accusing the parents of involvement in their child's death on such little evidence, we're not in a soap opera for Christ's sake these are real people.
Original post by Birkenhead
I agree.

Please stop typing. These are not 'proven' psychological cues of lying, that's ridiculous. It's stupid and insensitive to add insult to injury by accusing the parents of involvement in their child's death on such little evidence, we're not in a soap opera for Christ's sake these are real people.

thank you your Magnificence. it is heartbreaking what those poor parents have to put up with after their tragic loss. one can only hope that they do not read rubbish like the above.
thank you your Magnificence. it is heartbreaking what those poor parents have to put up with after their tragic loss. one can only hope that they do not read rubbish like the above.

I can't help but laugh at your naivety, no offence but it's people like you that passively allow paedophiles in places of power to continue with their systematic abuse of children.

(PS. It's always best to keep emotions out of studying crime cases.)
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
I can't help but laugh at your naivety, no offence but it's people like you that passively allow paedophiles in places of power to continue with their systematic abuse of children.

(PS. It's always best to keep emotions out of studying crime cases.)

I can't help but laugh at your naivety, no offence but it's people like you that only accept evidence if it supports your twisted conspiracy theories.
Original post by Birkenhead
I agree.

The parents should be thrown in jail regardless if they murdered the child or not.

Case 1) The McCann's killed their daughter ---> It's their fault she died

Case 2) They left their 3 year old unattended, allowing someone to kidnap her, she's probably now dead --->It's the parents fault she died

No matter what happened the parents are to blame and they should be thrown in jail.
I can't help but laugh at your naivety, no offence but it's people like you that only accept evidence if it supports your twisted conspiracy theories.

What conspiracy theories? I haven't stated any theories. Stop throwing around fallacy after fallacy.

Paedophiles : Encase you didn't notice, it was recently found that there was a big cover up of paedophilia in the UK's BBC circles and political circles for instance the Jimmy Savile case.

It would of only been possible with people like you to 'see the best' in dear old Jimmy Savile.

What I don't understand is why you wouldn't accept the evidence, when its there. It wasn't just the car that was tagged by the blood/cadaver dogs.
(edited 8 years ago)
What conspiracy theories? I haven't stated any theories. Stop throwing around fallacy after fallacy.

Paedophiles : Encase you didn't notice, it was recently found that there was a big cover up of paedophilia in the UK's BBC circles and political circles for instance the Jimmy Savile case.

It would of only been possible with people like you to 'see the best' in dear old Jimmy Savile.

What I don't understand is why you wouldn't accept the evidence, when its there. It wasn't just the car that were tagged by the blood/cadaver dogs.

for the record Sir Savile was never convicted of anything. There have been plenty of allegations of cover-ups in the media... nothing has come of them.
for the record Sir Savile was never convicted of anything. There have been plenty of allegations of cover-ups in the media... nothing has come of them.

You can't convict a dead man, try getting him to turn up to court, it's a real pain.

I suppose nothing will if people like you continue to hide in your fantasy worlds.

But I guess that's derailing the thread so nvm.
(edited 8 years ago)
You can't convict a dead man, try getting him to turn up to court, it's a real pain.

I suppose nothing will if people like you continue to hide in your fantasy worlds.

unfortunately in this country we still cling to the old-fashioned evidence based approach to the judicial process. it is very expensive and time-consuming, and frankly dull. how much more exciting it would be if we could just watch some videos on Youtube and read some posts on some random forum; then we could have a phone in to vote for the verdict.
What is he making up? It's called a hypothesis. Dogs are reliable enough for the police to use them regularly, but they are not 100% accurate, obviously, mistakes can always be made.

I should hope the police used more than common sense to investigate this case, or it is no surprised they failed in their efforts. Speaking of which, you are acting like the police are incorruptible and infallible, which is an odd thought.

Yes. His Hypothesis is made up. It has no evidence for most of it. There is no evidence that her Body was disposed of by the parents and then kept her clothes. There is no evidence that they disposed of any Clothes in the aftermath.

Again, not only is there no evidence, it makes no sense that they would dispose of a body and then keep the clothes for 25 days +.
Original post by Thomson2013
With Madeleine McCann's parents now back in the news over a suing involving an ex-police chief involving £427000 of fines (Including interest) the whole conspiracy and story behind the case is back in my mind.

So I've opened up this topic to hear your guys opinions of the matter, as a student of Law myself it would be interesting to read your opinions and add them into my blog.

Some possible questions:

- Should her parents be liable to failing to provide an omission of care?
- Does their story add up?
- Does the evidence found at the scene of the incident point directly to an abduction?
- Why do the public provide sympathy for the parents as it was partially their doing as they decided to leave her unattended?
- What do you make of the Police Chief's claims of her parents accidentally murdering their daughter and using the abduction as a cover up?

The McCanns were irresponsible in leaving their three young children unattended in a hotel room. It doesn't matter if she was abducted or if the parents made this up as a cover up, they were still in the wrong.

They should have been persecuted for neglect in my opinion. Yes, they lost their child, but had it happened in the UK and she didn't go missing they would still be in a lot of trouble with social services.

There isn't enough evidence to say whether or not I believe either story. But all the evidence we have proves the McCanns to be poor parents and I'm surprised how that part has gone over looked
Original post by Pinkisunoriginal
The McCanns were irresponsible in leaving their three young children unattended in a hotel room. It doesn't matter if she was abducted or if the parents made this up as a cover up, they were still in the wrong.

They should have been persecuted for neglect in my opinion. Yes, they lost their child, but had it happened in the UK and she didn't go missing they would still be in a lot of trouble with social services.

There isn't enough evidence to say whether or not I believe either story. But all the evidence we have proves the McCanns to be poor parents and I'm surprised how that part has gone over looked

I'd love to find out how they would have been perceived and whether the media would be so lenient with them if they were working class parents and not middle class, that'd be an interesting view.

Latest

Trending

Trending