The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amberuniverse
I thought there isn't enough detail for a 12 marker to come up on the cognitive interview or memory improvement stratergies/research into mnemonics?

I thinks its unlikely but im trying to prepare for all possibilities and it only takes 5 minutes to do an essay plan so its worth it imo
Has anyone got good evaluation points for zimbardo's prison experiment? Mine are all ethical issues so I could use some variety

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elzprosser
Has anyone got good evaluation points for zimbardo's prison experiment? Mine are all ethical issues so I could use some variety

Posted from TSR Mobile

we dont do it but i think i can help

low pop validity

low ecological validity/mundane realism
Original post by elzprosser

Posted from TSR Mobile

Never heard if this or learned this in cognitive or developmental is it important?
Guys I understand cognitive and developmental psychology however I really need help with research methods is they anywhere where I can find a booklet on research methods?
Original post by SunDun111
Never heard if this or learned this in cognitive or developmental is it important?

It's in social, it's a demonstration of conformity. I don't think it's named on the spec but I'd say its one of the more interesting studies. There is a lot of YouTube footage about it that might be worth a watch.
Guys is they any chance of a 12 mark question on encoding, capacity and duration for STM and ltm?
Who else is freaking that its less than 2 weeks until the Psy1 paper?!
Long term effects of institutionalisation?
hey guys
I was doing old past papers for unit 2 (june 2010 and jan 09) and a question on the emotion focused approach keeps coming up ( even as an 8 marker!!) the problem is this isnt even on the spec. do we need to know this or is it part of the old spec cause i have never come across it???

thnaks guys :smile:
Original post by saran12
hey guys
I was doing old past papers for unit 2 (june 2010 and jan 09) and a question on the emotion focused approach keeps coming up ( even as an 8 marker!!) the problem is this isnt even on the spec. do we need to know this or is it part of the old spec cause i have never come across it???

thnaks guys :smile:

You shouldn't need to know that as it's in the old spec. For any clarification, you can check the up-to-date spec on the AQA Website. :smile:
Does anyone have last years Unit 1 Paper, or the questions that came up?
Do we need to know about defense mechanisms for Freud's psychodynamic approach to abnormality?
(edited 8 years ago)
Has anyone got links to the June 2015 psya1 paper?
Original post by Toy Soldiers
You shouldn't need to know that as it's in the old spec. For any clarification, you can check the up-to-date spec on the AQA Website. :smile:

Okay great thanks 😀
Original post by molly2947
Has anyone got links to the June 2015 psya1 paper?

Are you having a laugh?
Original post by hannah4262
Do we need to know about defense mechanisms for Freud's psychodynamic approach to abnormality?

Yes
Original post by saran12
Are you having a laugh?

May 2014*****!!!! Lol major typo!
Guys I don't get research into attachment has done for daycare questions, care to enlighten me?
Original post by geeee11
Does anyone have last years Unit 1 Paper, or the questions that came up?

The paper isnt accessiable to students until after this years exams have gone:frown: Only teachers. Try and speak to last years students about the questions..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending