The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Greenwich University Adult Nursing 2015 intake

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi Tobi ,

I've just been offered a place for adult nursing at Greenwich too ! So happy. Do you know if there are any groups anywhere with others starting in September ? Xx
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Reply 41
I have also been offered a place starting September.
Reply 42
That's great ! Are you going to the open day on the 28th ? Be good to meet some faces before we start x
Reply 43
Unfortunately I'm not. I live over 200 miles away so it's a little far to come for just the day.
Reply 44
Oh that's a shame. I know a few others that are doing the adult nursing , maybe try all get together at some point .
Reply 45
Is anyone about that is currently studying adult nursing at greenwich university. I would like a little info on your timetable for uni and placement is it five full days? Thanks in advance.
Hey, I'm a second year at Avery Hill campus, my timetable varies all the time, some weeks I'm in lectures monday-friday 9-5 whereas other weeks I'm only in two or three days for like one or two lectures a day. Placement always varies and the times depend on where you are and your mentor. In wards, usually we do three 12 hour days a week although on some wards you may do five short shifts (7am-3pm) a week. At the moment, my placement is 8am-6pm for four days a week so your timetable changes all the time. Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 47
Thankyou. That really does help. Xx
Reply 48
How are you finding it. I have three children so no it will be very demanding. Are the lectures helpful. What do you think of the university. We're the staff at your placements friendly. Sorry for all the questions but it will be such a massive move for me to accept greenwichs offer and I just want to be sure I'm making the right decision. Xx
I'm really enjoying it thank you, the lectures are really helpful, I feel that they've really prepared us for our placements, for example we've just done a module in patient pathways and we've looked at a whole range of conditions ranging from CHD and Cancer to things like Crohn's and palliative care. Our lecturers are lovely, they've been so supportive and will always help if you have any problems and I've had really good mentors on placements so far, so personally, I've had a really good experience so far :smile: xx
Hey everyone, i just wanted to share a group that has a load of people hoping to start at Greenwich in 2015 on FB!

Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/562358787199873/
Original post by donnaarnold
Hey, I'm a second year at Avery Hill campus, my timetable varies all the time, some weeks I'm in lectures monday-friday 9-5 whereas other weeks I'm only in two or three days for like one or two lectures a day. Placement always varies and the times depend on where you are and your mentor. In wards, usually we do three 12 hour days a week although on some wards you may do five short shifts (7am-3pm) a week. At the moment, my placement is 8am-6pm for four days a week so your timetable changes all the time. Hope this helps :smile:

Hello, I am starting in September I am really excited! I would like to know if you have to do general maths tests throughout your course, as well as drug calculation tests?

Thanks

Rachel :smile:
Original post by donnaarnold

Hello, I am starting in September and very excited! Just wondering if the course involves regular general maths tests as well as regular drug tests?

Thanks, Rachel :smile:
Reply 53
Hi deesky thanks great news. Am happy for you. I think there's some facebook groups but not so sure how active they are. If I do find any i will share the link with you. Have you started filling out your busary application? Really looking forward to september and meeting everyone. Xx
I received my offer for Greenwich Avery Hill in February, I shall be starting in September 2015, I'm doing the adult nursing, it would be great to speak with others starting the September intake. Michael :0)
Reply 55
Original post by mikeyha85
I received my offer for Greenwich Avery Hill in February, I shall be starting in September 2015, I'm doing the adult nursing, it would be great to speak with others starting the September intake. Michael :0)

Hey micheal great news. Am also in Avery hill will be nice to talk to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending