The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LawStudent30
Which location did you apply for? The Easter scheme was only in London so maybe you only got the option if you applied there? I can't remember either but I applied to their northern scheme!

Perhaps. I just looked on their Apply4Law site and there's no option for an Easter scheme at any offices. I've done the video interview and presumably passed because I was e-mailed about 2 months later with a Watson-Glaser. It's been another two months since then! Already got 3 VS so not too anxious... but needless to say I'd do four!
Weightmans anyone? When do people think we will hear
Original post by robstaza1
Perhaps. I just looked on their Apply4Law site and there's no option for an Easter scheme at any offices. I've done the video interview and presumably passed because I was e-mailed about 2 months later with a Watson-Glaser. It's been another two months since then! Already got 3 VS so not too anxious... but needless to say I'd do four!

Yes, not everyone was emailed the test so presume this is the final stage and offers will be going out in the next fortnight? I've accepted other offers too, hopefully if I get this offer will be able to fit it in! Well done on your other offers :smile:
Yes, not everyone was emailed the test so presume this is the final stage and offers will be going out in the next fortnight? I've accepted other offers too, hopefully if I get this offer will be able to fit it in! Well done on your other offers :smile:

Cheers buddy/buddette and you. Bit odd that there's no AC. I think there's quite a rigorous one on the VS though. Good luck and let me know when you hear!
Original post by student652
Weightmans anyone? When do people think we will hear

My guess would be by the end of next week. If the testclosed on Monday night, I reckon that there will be a sieving process of atleast a week. I wonder how they will decide if multiple candidates get the samescores, maybe it will just be back to application form then? Not even sure howthe personality test is scored unless it’s all scored on the SJT and thepersonality component is just to make sure you agree to the parts of the jobwhich are relevant to a legal career. Interesting one....
No, not yet. I'm glad I'm not the only one!
Barclays legal work experience - anyone heard?
Original post by student652
Barclays legal work experience - anyone heard?

Nothing yet, tomorrow is the latest that they will notify successful applicants.
still heard nothing either
Reply 5269
Has anyone heard from veale Wasborough vizarsds?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5270
Not yet, I wonder when they will get back to us, its been a few weeks right?
Reply 5271
Original post by almvp
Not yet, I wonder when they will get back to us, its been a few weeks right?

Are you referring to veale? If so yeah the deadline was the end of last month

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5272
Has anyone had any experience interviewing with Gibson Dunn and can share what the process is like?
Reply 5273
Original post by dierks
Are you referring to veale? If so yeah the deadline was the end of last month

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I am! I applied for the vac scheme and TC together- I wonder when we will hear, surely not too much longer....
Original post by t.o
Has anyone had any experience interviewing with Gibson Dunn and can share what the process is like?

Have they sent you a time slot yet?
Original post by almvp
Yes, I am! I applied for the vac scheme and TC together- I wonder when we will hear, surely not too much longer....

Also waiting on VWV... They're certainly taking their time, but it can't be much longer. Fingers crossed!
Does anyone have any advice on video interviews? I've got to complete on for my BLP Brand Manager application, and I genuinely have no idea how to impress tbh. Would have much preferred a phone interview, or even a proper Skype interview, but ah well.
Original post by Conzy210
Does anyone have any advice on video interviews? I've got to complete on for my BLP Brand Manager application, and I genuinely have no idea how to impress tbh. Would have much preferred a phone interview, or even a proper Skype interview, but ah well.

In terms of preparation, I would do exactly the same as if it were face-to-face. Before you start the interview, you should be able to test your camera/microphone (if not should be able to do it on your webcam programme). Before mine I just recorded myself saying a few sentences just to see how it sounded/looked and adjusted accordingly. Also check your background and what is in the camera view!

Finally, in your interview try and look into the camera to make 'eye contact' rather than look at yourself in the little box that appears. You should be told how long you have to answer each question, keep an eye on the timer when you are providing your answers. I wore a suit when I did mine too! Best of luck!
Original post by VS2015TC2017
Have they sent you a time slot yet?

They never got back to me about a time slot, despite inviting me...
In terms of preparation, I would do exactly the same as if it were face-to-face. Before you start the interview, you should be able to test your camera/microphone (if not should be able to do it on your webcam programme). Before mine I just recorded myself saying a few sentences just to see how it sounded/looked and adjusted accordingly. Also check your background and what is in the camera view!

Finally, in your interview try and look into the camera to make 'eye contact' rather than look at yourself in the little box that appears. You should be told how long you have to answer each question, keep an eye on the timer when you are providing your answers. I wore a suit when I did mine too! Best of luck!

Cheers for the advice! I just find the whole idea of talking into a webcam with no on there so awkward haha. Sure it'll be okay though, I mean everyone is going to be in the same boat.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending