The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XxKingSniprxX
What are you learning at the moment in class do you mind me asking?
Have you had any other mocks i.e m1-2/s1-2?

We're doing C3/C4 past papers. Although some of our lessons are spent on integration.
Nope I don't do them modules.

Original post by bbadonde2
With vectors just keep practising as the questions are very repetitive and even if the oddball comes up having experience with help. Physics&maths tutor has put together a vectors question pack if you really want to hammer this topic: https://7ffbf36f16de0198415331fba278962d5673e26a.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYeDdHYjBrWkppMmM/Edexcel-Set-2/Ch.5%20Vectors.pdf

Thanks - I'm already using them :smile:
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
something tells me that's your personal website :rolleyes:

Lol no I have just been using it for over a year now. I am in yr 13. The guy who runs it is an oxford graduate lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollybryant82
do you think we could be asked to prove this? done pretty much all the past papers, haven't seen it once, i'm guessing it's more of an understanding thing than actually learning the proof

I don't think we need to know how to prove that.
Original post by physicsmaths
That is good too lol. physucsmathstutor has notes/past papers and solutions for Maths,FM,physics PAT and STEP. Which is perfect for me. I don't ever have to leave that website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it is your own website then wow it's really well laid out and easy to use

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol no I have just been using it for over a year now. I am in yr 13. The guy who runs it is an oxford graduate lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol just realised it's not yours :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
They've had to take the edexcel gold/silver/bronze papers off physicsmathstutor but he's put the link in a reply to someone on his twitter page yesterday if anyone's looking for them :smile:
Original post by mccrae01
They've had to take the edexcel gold/silver/bronze papers off physicsmathstutor but he's put the link in a reply to someone on his twitter page yesterday if anyone's looking for them :smile:

How come? Copyright or something??

Posted from TSR Mobile
How come? Copyright or something??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably, he just said Edexcel don't want them to be available to students online basically. :frown:
Probably, he just said Edexcel don't want them to be available to students online basically. :frown:

Thats abit stupid. Why do they make them then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Medicjug
hey do you know where we could get hold of the answers for these?

There aren't specific answers for the pack. It says what year the question came from so just look at the mark scheme for that paper.
Anyone else prefer C4 over C3? Trig sucks so bad...
Thats abit stupid. Why do they make them then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the centres to use probably, maybe they want schools to use them as mocks or things, but its still a bit dumb.
For the centres to use probably, maybe they want schools to use them as mocks or things, but its still a bit dumb.

Its made up of past papers so if someone revised decently they would have seen all the questions before....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dylann
Anyone else prefer C4 over C3? Trig sucks so bad...

I absolutely hate C4. Once i got my head around C3 I found it pretty easy tbh. Somehow I also find M1 harder than C3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 314
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
C4 Vectors are just frustrating. It's a lot harder than M1 Vectors but I can't seem to get to 100% grips with it yet. Anyone else in the same boat?

I've got my C4 Mock next week Friday on 8th May. Has everybody already sat their C4 mock exam yet?
I think my class is super slow at finishing the content. :frown:

I am the complete opposite, last year I found M1 vectors really hard, but this year I find C4 vectors really easy.
Reply 315
I have not done any c4 in a while and I feel like Im losing it and getting stressed. We finished c4 in feb and I did like 3 papers then thinking we were going to have a mock and was doing well in the papers. We have had self study lessons in maths since then but I have been using all that time to do the M2 questions in my book and get to grip with M2 as I have let it slide throughout this year.

I was meant to have a mock for c4 today but missed the lesson as I looked at c4 vectors yesterday and couldnt remember how to do some of the questions. With integration I couldnt remember substitution etc so had to go back to refresh but Im finding it hard to refresh vectors which I had a decent understanding off. Could anyone help me?
Original post by Hudl
I have not done any c4 in a while and I feel like Im losing it and getting stressed. We finished c4 in feb and I did like 3 papers then thinking we were going to have a mock and was doing well in the papers. We have had self study lessons in maths since then but I have been using all that time to do the M2 questions in my book and get to grip with M2 as I have let it slide throughout this year.

I was meant to have a mock for c4 today but missed the lesson as I looked at c4 vectors yesterday and couldnt remember how to do some of the questions. With integration I couldnt remember substitution etc so had to go back to refresh but Im finding it hard to refresh vectors which I had a decent understanding off. Could anyone help me?

Sure. Just post your questions on here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 317
Sure. Just post your questions on here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I will but I mean like what should I do? when I first learnt vectors I used the heinmann book and did the questions as I went through. I was then able to complete a bunch of exam questions approx 6 given by the teacher for us to do.
Original post by Hudl
Yeah I will but I mean like what should I do? when I first learnt vectors I used the heinmann book and did the questions as I went through. I was then able to complete a bunch of exam questions approx 6 given by the teacher for us to do.

I would do the mixed excercises and review excercises. Or just the review excercises.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 319
I would do the mixed excercises and review excercises. Or just the review excercises.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing the mixed exercies now and thats what I'm stuck on and its annoying me as a few weeks back I would have probably figured it out. Im going to wtach vectors videos on examsolutions and then Ill post it on here if I still need help. Its an easy question I can tell, I just cant remember what to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending