The Student Room Group

2AS levels in year 12 and one A level in year 13?

Is it possible to do this? 2AS levels in year 12 then continuing those two into A2 with doing a whole A level. I don't care if this is hard, I would be gladly happy to do this if possible. I just need to find a place that does this.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by Cherry82
Is it possible to do this? 2AS levels in year 12 then continuing those two into A2 with doing a whole A level. I don't care if this is hard, I would be gladly happy to do this if possible. I just need to find a place that does this.

Some colleges allow you to take a whole a-level in a year. Most private colleges do. Mine does and i know a few more that do as-well. I know a few people that did what you did.

Definitely doable. Whilst it's not exactly the same situation, I returned to my Sixth Form in order to complete an entire A-level.

Have a chat with your teachers/head of Sixth Form or College and see what they say.

Keep us posted! :yeah:
Reply 4
Original post by ThatGuyRik
Some colleges allow you to take a whole a-level in a year. Most private colleges do. Mine does and i know a few more that do as-well. I know a few people that did what you did.

Where is this lol I want to transfer
Where is this lol I want to transfer

there are loads in London.
Reply 6
there are loads in London.

No so far I only know one that would take me. Especially due to my GCSE grades.
No so far I only know one that would take me. Especially due to my GCSE grades.

Ahh right well im from london so only know about the ones there :frown:. where are you from?
Reply 8
Ahh right well im from london so only know about the ones there :frown:. where are you from?

London too lol
London too lol

LOOOOOL then whats the problem.
Reply 10
LOOOOOL then whats the problem.

I've called them. I want to do A level maths but I have a C in gcse. I actually tried self teaching myself AS maths for a bit and it didn't seem bad at all. It was way more fun and simpler.
I've called them. I want to do A level maths but I have a C in gcse. I actually tried self teaching myself AS maths for a bit and it didn't seem bad at all. It was way more fun and simpler.

Which one did you call if you dont mind me asking? Which ones have you looked at?

What they not letting you cause you got a C? Pffttt most places allow you unless its a good school where they want A/B.

Yeah alevel maths is fine. But its different from GCSE tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Which one did you call if you dont mind me asking? Which ones have you looked at?

What they not letting you cause you got a C? Pffttt most places allow you unless its a good school where they want A/B.

Yeah alevel maths is fine. But its different from GCSE tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Newvic
Leyton sixth form college
Bsix Brooke house sixth form college

(No to bsix)
Newvic
Leyton sixth form college
Bsix Brooke house sixth form college

(No to bsix)

ahhh right i see. Those are all north london. I was talking about central. Soz i don't know any in north london as im from south(close to central) my self.

A level maths is hard(i dont do it btw) and even those who achieved a B at my school are discouraged from doing it at A level.

Quick Reply

Latest