The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

I've got the May 2014 paper for PSYA1 and PSYA2 but they're both hard copies
Original post by geeee11
Does anyone have last years Unit 1 Paper, or the questions that came up?

I have a paper copy
Reply 182
so.. er hows everyone...
attachment and stress seems to be the chapters that are getting to me.
Attachment -a strong reciprocal bond between a infant and its primary caregiver.
still learning the attachments stuff..

exam dates : 11th may - PSYA1
18TH MAY - PSYA2
Original post by KylieemilyJ
The paper isnt accessiable to students until after this years exams have gone:frown: Only teachers. Try and speak to last years students about the questions..

Thank you but after digging through the internet I managed to find it! Thanks anyway :smile:
psychology, by a long shot the hardest a level I'm doing.
Original post by geeee11
Thank you but after digging through the internet I managed to find it! Thanks anyway :smile:

Can you please share the link 😊
Original post by geeee11

Help a sista out please!
Tip: don't use the CGP revision guide thing. I did last year and got a highish B but it just lacks too much detail. Good luck guys.
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
Tip: don't use the CGP revision guide thing. I did last year and got a highish B but it just lacks too much detail. Good luck guys.

Is revising from the mini companion a reliable source?
Original post by molly2947
Is revising from the mini companion a reliable source?

I don't know, I never used it. As long as you have quite a few studies and detail, you should be fine. I used for too few studies and had low detail.
Guys how would you format a 12 mark essay on how research into attachment has influenced childcare practices? What would you put as AO2 points? Just the studies that support the changes? I.e. That substitute emotional care whilst in institutional care must be provided, this was due to Roberson and Robertsons finding..... I'm finding it hard to structure an essay for this question
And how can counterbalancing be used to deal with order effects????
Original post by molly2947
And how can counterbalancing be used to deal with order effects????

You can split participants into two groups (Group 1 and 2) to alternate the order participants perform in different conditions of the experiment.

Group 1 will do conditions A and then B.
Group 2 will do conditions B and then A.
(ABBA).

This balances order effects because they equally occur in the groups :smile:
Reply 194
with one week of hardcore revision can I revise PSYA1 almost from scratch://
Original post by QueenSI
with one week of hardcore revision can I revise PSYA1 almost from scratch://

A week should be fine as long as you grasped everything when you learnt it in the first place. I revised from scratch after a few months of not opening my unit one folder and did it all in a day. I had a mock the day after (ended up panicking) but I didnt sleep and managed to get an A!
Just plan hourly what you're going to cover, dont forget about other subjects as well!
Good luck!
Reply 196
Original post by FluorescentM
A week should be fine as long as you grasped everything when you learnt it in the first place. I revised from scratch after a few months of not opening my unit one folder and did it all in a day. I had a mock the day after (ended up panicking) but I didnt sleep and managed to get an A!
Just plan hourly what you're going to cover, dont forget about other subjects as well!
Good luck!

Thank you :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 197
Does anyone know of a list of possible exam questions for this exam?
Original post by Mwo
Does anyone know of a list of possible exam questions for this exam?

Check loopa!
guys why doesn't the aqa website work. every time i try to download the mark scheme it directs me to the same page. like seriously now is not the time for this to be happening. I

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending