The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD223
Oh nice! I don't "hate it" per se, but I don't like how nasty some questions can be. The topics are manageable but sometimes questions are phrased so that even the simpler topics become difficult!

Cool! Bath for Computer Science for me :smile: need AAA though :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, definitely know what you mean :/

Ah nice! Good luck! Although im sure you'll get an A* in maths looking at your AS marks :tongue:
Reply 261
Original post by Clubba
Yeah, definitely know what you mean :/

Ah nice! Good luck! Although im sure you'll get an A* in maths looking at your AS marks :tongue:

Thank you, good luck to you too!

I hope to get A*, but I have to be realist and I only actually "need" an A - maths is my favourite subject though! It's demoralising when I can't do certain questions haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just did the C4 mock.. Difficult, but by no means impossible..
I did sort of run out of time, and had to rush the last question. That was a bit tricky too.
I couldn't do 4c. That was a stupid question! :frown:
Reply 263
Original post by lionelmessi19
Just did the C4 mock.. Difficult, but by no means impossible..
I did sort of run out of time, and had to rush the last question. That was a bit tricky too.
I couldn't do 4c. That was a stupid question! :frown:

Don't be disheartened. It's a hard paper. Is that the painting one? If so I agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Don't be disheartened. It's a hard paper. Is that the painting one? If so I agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehe i'm not disheartened.. I'm quite happy with my answers for the paper.. don't think I made any silly mistakes so its cool :smile:
The painting one was difficult,, especially part c.
Recently they're beginning to ask questions really indirectly, which can be quite confusing..
Or they merge 2 topics together in one question, so really have to be awake
Reply 265
Hehe i'm not disheartened.. I'm quite happy with my answers for the paper.. don't think I made any silly mistakes so its cool :smile:
The painting one was difficult,, especially part c.
Recently they're beginning to ask questions really indirectly, which can be quite confusing..
Or they merge 2 topics together in one question, so really have to be awake

I agree. It seems as though the paper is a lot less guided. I think this year will be very similar unfortunately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I agree. It seems as though the paper is a lot less guided. I think this year will be very similar unfortunately.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, that's what I meant.
Shame they've made it so hard now!
Reply 267
Yeah, that's what I meant.
Shame they've made it so hard now!

It is a shame! Although it will be a blessing in disguise if the boundaries are that low again this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
It is a shame! Although it will be a blessing in disguise if the boundaries are that low again this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it would, and I hope that they are really low!
Reply 269
Yeah it would, and I hope that they are really low!

I think it will be slightly higher boundaries this year - 58 for an A and 64 for an A* in Core 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I think it will be slightly higher boundaries this year - 58 for an A and 64 for an A* in Core 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What makes you think that?
Reply 271
What makes you think that?

I just think last year was such a shift in style that the boundaries kinda had to be lower. This year they will know we have the 2014 paper to see what the new style of question is like. In which case I'm led to believe by my teacher that the difficulty will remain the same but the boundaries will be a few marks higher aha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I just think last year was such a shift in style that the boundaries kinda had to be lower. This year they will know we have the 2014 paper to see what the new style of question is like. In which case I'm led to believe by my teacher that the difficulty will remain the same but the boundaries will be a few marks higher aha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good thinking,, but I hope you're wrong :tongue:
Reply 273
Good thinking,, but I hope you're wrong :tongue:

I hope I'm wrong too! 🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 274
Hi,

Does anyone have a link to the June 2014 C4 paper and mark scheme?

Thanks 😃
Reply 275
Original post by Jordy96
Hi,

Does anyone have a link to the June 2014 C4 paper and mark scheme?

Thanks 😃

Paper:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=295216&d=1402612143

Sorry, I don't have a copy of the official mark scheme, but here's the unofficial one from last year.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2711783

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 276
Original post by CD223
Paper:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=295216&d=1402612143

Sorry, I don't have a copy of the official mark scheme, but here's the unofficial one from last year.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2711783

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers!

The paper and unofficial mark scheme are Ok! Now, I just need some worked solutions, as the link on the Unofficial Mark Scheme Thread, for them, doesn't work... 😔

Thanks
Reply 277
Original post by Jordy96
Cheers!

The paper and unofficial mark scheme are Ok! Now, I just need some worked solutions, as the link on the Unofficial Mark Scheme Thread, for them, doesn't work... 😔

Thanks

Any questions you don't get, I can post my solutions for? I did it as a mock and got 71/75 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 278
Original post by CD223
Any questions you don't get, I can post my solutions for? I did it as a mock and got 71/75 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

Could you post your worked solutions to 6.B.ii, 7.A. and 8.B., please?

Thanks 😃
Reply 279
Original post by Jordy96
Hi,

Could you post your worked solutions to 6.B.ii, 7.A. and 8.B., please?

Thanks 😃

6 b ii
Attachment not found

7 a
Attachment not found

8 b
Attachment not found

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1430573967.093551.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending